Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

This topic contains 234 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  darren83 1 day, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 624

There was simply everything wrong with this ride!
    And not only with this one of his :negative:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20755

Outstanding jockey in his prime
    maybe not so much now, he did retire many years ago :scratch:
    but love watching him, nearest thing to Richard Hughes

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8545

I’m in the avoid camp as far as Mr Spencer goes, agree with Final Furlong.. but Pegasus would have dozed off by the time Frank got cracking. :wacko:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

Whilst I agree with many of the comments I just don’t think the horse picked up. It wasn’t like he was closing hand-over-fist was it?

I keep waiting for the winning streak to hit as it has done every year so far but as yet…. Never mind we’ll crack on. I have had an early bet on Mirage Dancer for tomorrow. I can’t see why he isn’t favourite for this. He travelled like the best horse in the Hardwicke and was only beaten because his jockey hasn’t ridden enough Frankel’s to know that they need to be set alight further out. By the time he got working on him the faster horses had whizzed by. I doubt Ryan will make the same mistake down that long straight at Newmarket.

£200 win Mirage Dancer – 9-4 – Newmarket 3.35 lost

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

Another one:

£100 win Barbados – 3-1 – Newmarket 1.55 lost

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8545

Good luck with your bets Joni at our favourite racecourse. I’ll have a saver on Mirage Dancer at 9/4 and put him in the forecast with Masar.

I can’t be there tomorrow but looking forward to being there to see QABALA hopefully win the Falmouth on Friday,but wouldn’t rule out a big run from Mot Juste :rose: Also there for the July Cup on Saturday and hoping Limato turns up. :heart: Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

Hope you have a lovely day today Jac. I’m with you on Qabala.

I hate to moan about jockeys as they are only human but I have to say I was appalled at the ride Ryan gave Mirage Dancer yesterday. It takes something to get caught in a pocket in a 6 runner race at Newmarket and yet that is what happened. He also knew he was riding a horse that needs a strong gallop and that doesn’t quicken yet he seemed happy to just sit there in a slowly run race. It was dreadful and the horse had no chance.

This is a challenging season to say the least but I’ll give it until the end of this meeting before maybe taking a break. It’s just not been happening this year but I know how quickly things can turn around. So on to today and several bets at Newmarket and York.

£25ew Solid Stone – 11-1 – Newmarket 1.50 lost
    £100 win Daahyeh – 6-4 – Newmarket 2.25 lost
    50ew Outbox – 15-2 – Newmarket 3.00 lost
    £50ew King’s Advice – 10-1 – Newmarket 3.00 winner
    £50 win Qabala – 7-2 – Newmarket 3.35 lost
    £100ew Ironclad – 3-1 – York 3.45 non-runner
    £2ew 5 fold, £2ew 4 fold, £5ew trebles, £5ew doubles

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

A nice winner at last! And a Frankel at that. One more bet for later.

£25ew Light and Dark – 8-1 (odds boost) – Newmarket 4.45 winner

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

That’s the way to ride the Frankel’s!! Gutted that I deserted Veracious in her finest hour but delighted for the horse all the same.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

Some nice winners yesterday and hopefully things turning around now. Plenty happening today and a few bets spread over a few meetings.

£25ew Juan Elcado – 6-1 – Newmarket 2.55 placed
    £25ew Spanish City – 6-1 – Newmarket 3.30 placed
    £50ew Setting Sail – 7-1 – York 3.50 placed
    £50 win Beat The Bank – 11-4 – Ascot 4.00 winner
    £25ew Wadilsifa – 9-1 – Ascot 4.00 lost
    £50 win Advertise – 7-2 – Newmarket 4.40 lost
    £50ew Dream of Dreams – 9-2 – Newmarket 4.40 lost
    £2.50ew trebles, fourfolds ann fivefolds

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

One more:

£50 win Weekender – 5-2 – 2.40 York lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

-£2,281.16

Another profitable day but annoying to still be getting so many seconds. All that pales into nothing compared to the tragedy of the brave and beautiful Beat The Bank. It can be a cruel sport. RIP fella x

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8545

Glad its turning around for you Joni similar happening with me as we sometimes think along the same lines. Kings Advice and Light and Dark.

Have to let go of Qabala now :-( and like you should have kept faith in Veracious she will thrive after that win.

Feeling low today after the loss of Beat The Bank and worrying about Sea Of Class pulling through after her surgery for colic too. William Haggas did say on Friday she had improved a little.
    How sad for both the Baldings and the Haggas yard. :-(

Jac
    :rose:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

A couple of early bets for tomorrow:

£150 win Sparkle Roll – 9-4 – Newmarket 2.40
    £50 win Stagehand – 11-4 – Ripon 2.55
    £25ew Ironclad – 5-1 – Newmarket 5.00
    £50ew Star Catcher – 9-2 – Curragh 5.10

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4129

Another one for tomorrow. I saw this filly at Ascot and had a couple of quid on her at 80-1. She only ran 5th but was staying on and I think she could run into a place tomorrow.

£75ew Emten – 9-1 – Newbury 3.40

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.