Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

This topic contains 232 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by jackh1092 jackh1092 1 day, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 233 total)
  • Author

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4121

Yeeeeeehiiiiii!!! We’re back for season 8 feeling super refreshed and raring to go with what could be an amazing season. In Too Darn Hot we have a potential superstar, in Enable we have a legend in waiting and there are also some lovely Frankel’s to look forward to including 3 of his Group 1 winners running tomorrow. I’m hoping for another profitable year and as usual would welcome any and all contributions.

I have a pretty strong book of AP bets form season 7 which i’ll post below but I always like to start the year at Meydan for a World Cup meeting that gets better and better every year. I have had an interest in 3 races.

In the Gold Cup I am a big fan of Melbourne Cup winner Cross Counter. He is all class this horse with an in-form trainer who always does well at Meydan and will surely take all the beating if fit. Frankel has a nice son called Call The Wind who I have backed in a forecast.

Dream Castle has been a revelation this winter since being gelded and he will surely go close tomorrow from a good draw. He obviously has the flying filly Almond Eye to beat and it might just be that she is a machine and will win easily but there are enough doubts about her fitness, trip and draw to take her on though I have included her in the forecast. I also couldn’t resist a small e/w interest in Without Parole at massive odds over a trip that will suit. He goes well fresh and could run a nice race.

Finally I have been a big fan of Old Persian ever since I saw him win at Royal Ascot last summer. He did really well to get up first time out this year having met trouble in running and I think it will take a good one to beat him.

So loads to look forward to tomorrow and over the coming months and hopefully we’ll get off to a flyer!

£100 win Cross Counter – 7-4 – Meydan 12.50 Winner
    £20rev f/c Cross Counter/Call The Wind Lost
    £50ew Dream Castle – 4-1 – Meydan 3.20 Lost
    £25ew Without Parole – 25-1 – Meydan 3.20 Lost
    £20rev f/c Dream Castle/Almond Eye Lost
    £100 win Old Persian – 7-4 – Meydan 4.00 Winner
    £20 win treble Cross Counter, Dream Castle/Almond Eye, Old Persian (2 bets) Winner +144.38
    £20 win doubles the above (5 bets) Winners +293.25

AP bets from carried over from last season:

£25ew Line Of Duty – 33-1 – 2,000 Guineas
    £100 win Too Darn Hot – 6-1 – 2,000 Guineas
    £100 win Too Darn Hot – 6-1 – The Derby
    £50 win Too Darn Hot to win 2,000 and Derby – 20-1
    £100ew East – 20-1 – 1,000 Guineas

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8526

Welcome back Joni for the start of the flat :yahoo: :yahoo: and a great season ahead.

You’ve got some fantastic bets there at Meydan and I’m with you all the way as I’m already on most of them and have 12/1 Dream Castle for the Dubai Turf from The beginning of February with EW on Without Parole.

I have Muntazah to kick off and Thunder Snow for the World Cup too I love Thunder Snow and just see him sprinting out and defying that high draw to take the Finale of a great Festival :heart:

What terrific prices you have for TDH and think East stands a good chance in a very open 1000 Guineas, I’ve yet to look at that race properly.

Hope you give those bookies a good bashing tomorrow Joni and look forward to seeing your profits climbing to dizzy heights this season and our Frankel babes breaking all the records.

Best of luck with Season 8 :heart: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26219

Nice to see you back Joni, would wish you luck but you don’t need it.

Here’s the new Flat 10 To Follow competition you may be interested in.

https://theracingforum.co.uk/forums/topic/2019-trf-flat-ten-to-follow-competition/#post-1414808

value is everything

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

Good Luck Joni, always a good thread.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1882

Welcome back Joni!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2326

Hi Joni, enjoy the season :good:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4121

Thanks guys! Always good to hear from you all. Off to a decent start…

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20742

Joni, I’m looking at going to Newbury for the Greenham day to see Too Darn Hot up close and personal
    let me know if you are going and we could meet for a catch up

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 612

Nice to read you are back Joni, as it means the bloody dark season is over :bye:
    Best of luck for your season 8, I reckon you will continue similar to last year :good:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4121

+£559.63

Thanks Nath and HB. Nath I am definitely planning to be at the Greenham so look forward to seeing you there mate!

A great start today with 3 winners. Cross Counter showed he is going to be a real force in the staying division this year. He is improving almost with every race and he might be giving Stradivarius plenty to think about… Call To Wind ran very well off a slow pace that wouldn’t have suited.

Dream Castle didn’t travel a yard and I wonder if he knocked himself when he reared up in the stalls just before the off. That wasn’t his proper running but wow wasn’t the winner impressive!! Almond Eye V Enable is another mouth-watering clash to look forward to.

Finally Old Persian confirmed his class with an easy win in the Turf. He could be going for the big middle-distance races this year and it will take a good one to beat him judged on this.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

Great start Joni, well done

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4121

Thanks NW! A couple of bets for today.

I was very excited about Amedeo Modigliani last year but injury scuppered his season. His comeback was underwhelming but it was his first race for ages and all of Aidan’s have been badly in need of the run so I’ve had a small win bet.

I had the pleasure of working with Cieren Fallon a couple of months ago and I can tell you he is the nicest young lad you could hope to meet. He is funny yet modest and humble at the same time and I think it is quite obvious he is going to be successful. He is picking up plenty of good rides from Newmarket trainers and is working at William Haggas’ yard. I always like a bet in the Jockey’s Championship but SDS has that pretty much sewn up but I think young Cieren will go close in the Apprentice version and so I’ve had a little bit on him.

£50 win Amedeo Modigliani – 5-2 – Leopardstown 5.00 loser
    £100 win Cieren Fallon – 5-2 – Top Apprentice 2019

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1882

Interesting bet Joni, he’ll be popular that’s for sure! Dylan Hogan is a young jockey i have a lot of time for, + he’s moved to England it seems. Probably won’t get the rides to be competitive betting-wise, but worth a follow! Riding for Simcock it seems, 27 rides, 5 winners 3 places and 4 fourths…so decent indeed!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

don’t normally back on things like jockeys title but have followed you in Joni on young Fallon
    Big fan of your selection(at 2) today Joni, but dont know whether it was greeness still, or was feeling something on his reappearance.
    GL today

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4121

Thanks boys. Yes NW it could be that AM hasn’t trained on but apparently AOB is happy with him so I’m prepared to give him a chance (sorry for so many abbreviations!!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 233 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.