The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Good luck tomorrow Joni I’ll be cheering Sparkle Roll Home and Stagehand at Ripon and have a feeling Frankie will get Star Catcher home at the Curragh too.
    Also like Romanised at the Curragh and Qotob in the last at Newmarket…let’s hope the rain keeps away although The Grand Visir should enjoy it at Newbury and James Doyle is riding him, 7/1 at the moment.
    Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Let’s hope for a winning day Jac!

A few more for today:

£50ew Donjuan Truimphant – 6-1 – 3.00 Newbury
    £50ew The Grand Visir – 6-1 – Newbury 2.25
    £50 win Hey Gaman – The Curragh 4.35
    £1ew 8 folds, 7 folds, 6 folds, 5 folds and 4 folds + £2win Trebles all the above plus the tips from yesterday (Emten, Star Catcher, Stagehand, Ironclad and Sparkle Roll)

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Well done Joni :yahoo: :good:
    What a great ride from the front Frankie gave Star Catcher, never in doubt.

Really pleased with my day today too with Romanised and Star Catcher at the Curragh and Qutob at Newmarket.

Well done also with Ironclad at Newmarket Joni I should have followed you on that one.
    A few disappointments but can’t win them all. :heart: Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Thanks Jac. A couple of days until my holiday but will try and post a few bets for Goodwood next week. I’m going to have a fun Frankel day today. Why not? Nothing to lose!

£25ew Queen Deanery’s – 13-2 – Ascot 1.50
    £25ew Frankel’s Storm – 5-1 – Thirsk 2.10
    £50 win Crystal King – 5-2 – Ascot 3.00
    £25ew Jadeerah – 18-1 – Ascot 3.35
    £100 win Frankellina – 2-1 – York 7.30
    £1ew Lucky 31

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

So no one loves Enable more than me and I expect her to win again today but I just can’t be backing her at those prices. Crystal Ocean is a serious Group 1 horse and he is sure to run his race. He has drifted to 4’s and that will do me ew. I’ll include Enable in a couple of multiples just so as not be TOO disloyal!

The rain has come for Adeyebb and he will surely take all the beating at York as he is a machine in the mud.

Finally I think Rise Hall is still on the up and ran into a progressive type last time.

£50 win Rise Hall – 3-1 – Newmarket 2.50
    £200 win Adeyebb – 15-8 – York 3.15
    £100ew Crystal Ocean – 4-1 – Ascot 3.40
    £30 win treble the above
    £30 win treble Enable, Rise Hall and Adeyebb

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

£100 st f/c Enable/ Crystal Ocean
    £50 st f/c Enable/ Waldgeist
    £50 st f/c Enable/ Defoe

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

How the hell does Elarqam win like that? He was thrashed on soft ground by Adayeebb last time. God this game can be difficult.

jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 142

It’s a tough game sometimes

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Sure is JG. What an amazing filly that Enable is though. Whatever else might be happening in racing or indeed the world, you can be sure of one thing. She will win! Surely the greatest filly we have seen..?

I’m lining up a few bets for next week before I go but 1 sure bet for tomorrow is Move Swiftly who is very progressive and will love the soft ground.

£100ew Move Swiftly – 3-1 – Deauville 2.50

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

I backed Elarqam today Joni just because I always do and was as surprised as you when he dotted up but over the moon at the same time. I don’t know how he reversed with Addeybb he seems to have found his form at last.

I was at Newmarket today and Rise Hall was a standout in the paddock I had to back him in favour of Herculean who I originally picked but looked in need of the race, seeing the two together in the paddock you wouldn’t think Frankel had sired them both, Herculean is all over the flashy chestnut..but he ran a terrific race against his half brother and he will definitely win next time out, he really needed this race :good:

Jacksonian is a Frankel 2yo who ran a superb race today in the first, he’ll be winning next time for our boy who did very well at HQ today.

Bad luck with Crystal Ocean Joni he ran the race of his life but Enable is a freak in the nicest possible way, a breaker of hearts and what a race she ran today…I felt sad thinking of Sea Of Class that she will never get the chance to run with Enable again such a cruel blow and now James Doyle has had to settle for runner up once more as Enable notches up yet another prestigious victory..Jac :heart:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Sounds like you had a great day Jac! It was funny – I found myself cheering Enable even though I’d backed CO!! What a superstar she is. Great info about the Frankel’s. I hope Elarqam runs in the Juddmonte. If he gets conditions similar to yesterday he should be competitive.

I’ve put on a couple of early bets for next week in case I can’t get on.

£50ew Setting Sail – 9-2 — Goodwood
    £150 win Pinatubo – 15-8 – Goodwood
    £50 win Hey Gaman – 7-2 – Good-wood
    £30 win treble the above

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1221

Addeybb had nowhere to go for most of the last 3F i thought Joni, he’d have given Elarqam a lot to think about had he gotten out quicker.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Joni, I am quite disappointed with you, that you only had 150 on Pinatubo :yes:
    I had 200 at 9/4, but just Euros :good:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

I wish I’d had more HB!

Kev – not so sure but you might be right. He did look a little laboured to me. Not the same horse as at Ascot anyway.

1 bet for tomorrow and a speculative double.

£100ew Light and Dark – 4-1 – Goodwood 5.55
    £30 win double Light and Dark and Constantinople

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Nice one Joni and Hein :good: :good:

I only had £20 on Pinatubo Hein at 6/4 but he won and it was a walk in the park, terrific race and well done both of you :good:

My each way on Platinum Star was a silly bet as only 7 runners but I did have hopes that he might come in 2nd, anyway I still came out £20 up on the race. :yahoo:

Onward to tomorrow where I’m having an unusual bet on an Aiden O’Brien Horse Circus Maximus to beat Too Darn Hot and in the 2.25 Dubai Tradition trading around 11/1 looked a nice horse (paddock pick) at Newmarket last time out. :good: Jac

Light and Dark has more weight to carry tomorrow and La Maquina could get closer, will do a reverse forecast just in case but hoping L and D wins. :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.