Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Cheers Joni, I’ve read your congrats just now :good:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20968

Hein, he won much easier than the distance will suggest
    was eased down massively
    Surprised he made the running but really pressed on so must really be fit and well
    Ganay next I’d guess. I’m no longer with racebets, Hein, I got lucky with them one year the day Annie Power fell and let down those multi’s. I had a few with Glen’s Melody in instead and they never forgave me and reduced my stakes to nothing. Could you let me know if they have any early prices for the Ganay.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8726

Here’s Ghaiyyath’s race from At The Races site worth seeing your 100 Euros skate home Hein :good: and as Nathan said he was heavily eased at the finish. Jac

https://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-popup/VOD/1087887

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Thanks Jac – he really was super impressive wasn’t he?! A machine. I think he’ll be tough to beat wherever he goes next. Thanks for the alert about Amade HB. When is that race?

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Thank you Jac for the link-he was as impressive as we hoped and a real pleasure to watch :bye:
    Unfortunately racebets offer no odds for the Ganay yet Nathan.
    Alert is a good word Joni ;-), it is on 19 April, AW Final at Lingfield.
    Originally I wanted to discuss this race with you all and hoped for your reactions,
    I still hope there are some to come?
    Sorry Jac, I didn’t intend to anticipate your answer, so please feel free to fire away :whistle:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8726

@hein
    Having a good look at the race tomorrow hein :good: Amade certainly gave Aircraft Carrier a good beating at Chelmsford last time out, but he might not have liked the course.
    Perhaps you might like to start a Thread on it or I can put one up late tomorrow morning so we can discuss the runners in more detail and their strengths and weaknesses :good:

If it’s a race tbat grabs your interest Joni would welcome your input if you’ve been tempted by the AW this winter we’ve had a nice few turn up..Jac :rose:

Ghaiyyath update…
    Charlie Appleby talking of aiming him for the Arc. :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 646

Thank you very much Jac :good:
    It would be nice if you could start the thread and I’m already looking forward to your thoughts.
    This is indeed my only concern or uncertainty, as Chelmsford is much slower than Lingfield,
    but on the other hand Amade also showed some serious acceleration.
    Hopefully the other AW experts would like to join to..

Very nice news from our hero of today :good:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

This is my favourite time of year. Just before the classic trials and anything is possible. I always like a few AP bets because, hard as it is, it normally only takes one to come off and you have made a profit. So I have a few for you today.

I think this looks one of the most open 1,000 Guineas for some time. The favourite is 8-1 and I still think that East is value at 20-1 so I have gone in again. Kevin Ryan loves this horse and has said that she will definitely run in one of the Guineas. I am sure he would prefer to run her here than in France and I think if she makes it to the track she has an outstanding chance of making the frame. She ran a massive race in the Breeders Cup from a hopeless draw and beat the filly who is currently second fav.

I read the stable tour of Charlie Appleby yesterday and he was effusive about one of my Guineas’ fancies, Line Of Duty. You will all know that i have loved this horse since he got beat first time out in a maiden and he is a Group 1 winner now. Charlie is aiming him straight at the Guineas and thinks he will run a big race but he also sees him as his Derby horse. He looks tailor-made for the Derby to me and you can still get him at 25’s (albeit I could only bet £25ew so have also taken 20’s elsewhere). That price will tumble after Newmarket. Obviously there is the Gosden machine to worry about but even so I think this one will be there or thereabouts.

Finally I have had my earliest ever Arc bet. It’s been a while since anything has impressed me more than Ghaiyyath did the other day. He looks a monster and, again, Charlie Appleby has said that the Arc would be the ultimate target. He is a bit free-going but I am hoping that he will mature as the season progresses and he has the wonderful Shane Featherstonehaugh as his work-rider so he is in the right hands.

Fingers crossed they make it to the races!

£50ew Ghaiyyath – 16-1 – Arc
    £25ew Line Of Duty – 25-1 – Derby
    £25ew Line Of Duty – 20-1 – Derby
    £50ew East – 20-1 – 1,000 Guineas

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1982

Nice Joni.

I liked line of duty for the guineas but changed my mind to Zakouski given Auxuerre was his lead horse in work! 20s has evaporated tho!

1000g I liked secret thoughts possibly as a sneaky one. I like the Leopardstown trial and I think her, Iridessa and Happen are the 3 to take from it.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20968

I backed Line of Duty for the Derby yesterday Joni,
    He has gone a similar path to that of Masar ie France and Breeders Cup
    As much as I love Too Darn Hot, I don’t see him as a Derby horse
    I’m definitely going Newbury on Saturday, although will probably leave after the Greenham so I’ll see you there, either up in the stand or around the paddock, let me know if the little ones are going and I’ll get them a eater egg each… :bye:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Thanks Jack and Nath. Great to read your thoughts. Zakouski has certainly been backed as if he is a good thing. Far less exposed than my selection but probably a bit speedier..

Nath – at the moment they ALL want to come so we’ll see you there mate. Don’t worry about the eggs though!!! :)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

First proper day of flat racing tomorrow and a couple of short priced bets. I think you’ll find that Mr Appleby will get off to a flyer again this season and I think he will have a double tomorrow. Festival Of Ages has been running well on the AW and this looks very winnable tomorrow. Space Blues was one of the most impressive maiden winners at the back end of last season and he is clearly highly regarded. I think he will take all the beating.

£80 win Festival Of Ages – 7-4 – Newbury 3.05 lost
    £100 win Space Blues – Evens – Newbury 4.10 lost
    £20 win double the above

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8726

Good luck Joni I’m with you on Festival Of Ages and think Medburn Cutler with SDS on board will place at 10/1 so have the rev.forecast too. :good: Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8726

That was a disappointing run by Festival Of Ages today Joni back on Turf he faded quickly and was eased.
    Medburn Cutler set a burning pace but also faded. :unsure:

Any thoughts on what might have happened? Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

He never looked happy to me Jac. Perhaps it was the ground? The other Appleby horse faded tamely as well so probably best just watch for now.. There were lots of strange results weren’t there? This time of the season is always difficult to predict.

Just the one bet today on a tricky looking day at Newbury. I’ve always liked Great Scot and I think he will go close in the Greenham. He kept improving last year and he always struck me as a horse who would improve from 2 to 3 as he is a big horse with plenty of scope. He handles the ground too so he’ll do for me.

£50ew Great Scot – 9-2 – Newbury 2.40 placed

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.