Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

This topic contains 253 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 2 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 254 total)
  • Author

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

+£509.63

A bit annoying as Ryan was boxed in all down the straight. He seemed to have plenty of horse under him though not sure he’d have beaten the winner. Hasn’t told us much about the horse really….

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5481

Nice you back Joni any darkhorses this year and i had decent start in my thread i did at saturday

And trip hope you ok and can come in my thread on here to

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Thanks Darren. Great to hear from you. I was given one dark Frankel horse the other day – Deal A Dollar ran a lovely race first time out and will be winning nice races.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

1 bet for today. Swiss Storm has been gelded and looked a different horse last time. He may be well handicapped and is a nice ew price in an 8-runner race.

£25ew Swiss Storm – 6-1 – Chelmsford 7.00 lost

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26324

Off a mark of 92 thought Swiss Storm was sure to be placed for you going to the front, Joni. Nice big sort but maybe a bit free early and weakened. Carried head high which may be a sign of temperament. Don’t remember doing that before I backed him ante-post for the 2000 Guineas!!! Your thinking with the gelding and possibly well handicapped I think was sound judgement, just didn’t pay off this time. :good:

value is everything
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Hi Joni,
    Gaiyyath runs at Longchamp on Sunday and I remember that you have liked him.
    This field doesn’t look too strong, so I think if he is racefit he should win this, but after such a long absence this is perhaps in question:
    So have you heard anything if he is fit and well?

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

Hein the following was on skysports website about 10 minutes ago

Appleby said: “He has been over to Dubai, but he has been back here for a couple of weeks now and we are pleased with what we have seen. Obviously he is an exciting horse.

“He was supposed to be our Derby horse, but unfortunately he went wrong five days out from the Dante.

“We missed the Derby and most the summer, but he came back and won his only start last year he won the Prix du Prince d’Orange.

“We did contemplate having a crack at the Champion Stakes with him, but we just felt this year was going to be his year so we thought we would wait.

“The plan is to hopefully use this as a stepping stone towards the Ganay. He has won two Group Three races and is now stepping up to a Group Two, which will be a bit harder.

“We will see if he can handle this assignment and if he wins then for sure we will look at the Ganay.”

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Very positive talk from the Appleby camp Nathan :good: :good: thanks for that update.

Ghaiyyath caught the eye last year and if now fit and well from his holidays in UAE he’ll go from strength to strength this season. :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Thank you very much Nathan :good:
    I would agree Jac that this sounds very positive. I reckon CA wouldn’t say this if the horse wasn’t fit, would he?
    I have analyzed the race, the main opponent should be Soleil Marin, I found some coverage from his last race and he didn’t look too convincing.
    Bottom line: I took the 6/4 on Ghaiyyath with 50€ and if he runs as we hope and expect, it should be a fair price.
    Also good luck to you both :bye: , and time will tell if the thread owner will return before the race is run :yes:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

Joni will return Hein, no worries on that
    I have it on good advice that he was last seen late last night
    in the back streets of Southampton looking worse for wear after drinking steins of strong German beer with our good friend Jürgen.
    Jürgen was up early this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed, laughing and joking with Hendo, Mo and the lads
    whilst Joni is still in bed with a hangover
    :whistle:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Thank you Nathan for this behind the scenes information :bye:
    Then it’s understandable that he is still missing ;-)
    In Germany we say “nur die Harten kommen in den Garten” which means
    only the hard ones come into the garden :yes:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Guys!!! So sorry!!! I wasn’t at Southampton as it happens but I was the worse for wear after that thrilling win. My heart can’t take too much of these tight matches though! Roll on Porto on Tuesday. I’ll be there for that one!

Yesterday was all about the National and that wonderful little horse. As much as I love and prefer the flat there is nothing like seeing those brave warriors run their hearts out over the jumps. I found myself getting quite emotional!

HB – I have been looking at that race all week and, yes, can’t wait to see the reappearance of Ghaiyyath. He could be the real deal – Jac and I saw him a couple of seasons ago and he is a real looker and has that star quality about him. His trainer couldn’t be in better form but he is not a backable price unfortunately. Let’s hope he wins well en route to Royal Ascot though.

I’ll definitely be staying on Mr Appleby’s side in the opening weeks of the season. He got off to a flyer last season and I would be surprised if he didn’t repeat the dose this year. Still looking forward to seeing Line Of Duty in the Guineas…

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Ghaiyyath 1st the rest???? might have well have stayed at home :yahoo: he made that look like an early evening stroll.

Well done with your 6/4 Hein and thanks for flagging up this race :good: I got Evens and doubled my usual bet so really happy with him.

Cudos to Charlie Appleby for his honest assessment of the horse and looking forward to where he goes next.

What a giant of a horse he is Joni even more handsome than when we first saw him. Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

VERY nice! Hopefully the Prince of Wales? Well done Jac and HB.

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Thank you very much again Nathan and Jac :good:
    Last night I had the idea of raising my stakes to 100€ at 6/4, so I am really glad he made it :yahoo: I couldn’t see the race, because racebets offers no stream for France, but I reckon from Jac’s reaction that he won quite easily?!
    Fine that you reappeared and already had focused on the horse, Joni :good:

I got another one to discuss and I do it here, hope you are also interested Joni:
    In the AW Marathon at Lingfield I see Amade as a very good chance, because his pre form was really striking and the in form Atzeni will ride again.
    Jac you will probably stick to Aircraft Carrier again, because as I have known you you often tend to keep the faith :good: But here I really don’t see how AC could reverse the form :unsure: Another aspect would be the killer track form of Appleby, but his Festival of Ages didn’t even have the slightest chance against AC.
    My bottom line is I don’t see how Amade could be beaten here, what are your thoughts :mail: ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.