Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

This topic contains 233 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 1 day, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 234 total)
  • Author
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 615

Thank you Jac, 20 Pounds (I don’t have the sign on my keyboard) are at least better than nothing :bye:
    At Goodwood I wait for the next one I can fully trust, but to be honest I can’t make out one yet :unsure:
    So tonight I stick to a little “after work racing” at Cologne.
    Keep going you two, and Joni work on reducing your minus :good:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4127

My nap of the week runs today. I think Constantinople will be a Group 1 horse and will win easily today.

£200 win Constantinople – 9-4 – Goodwood 3.00
    £100 win Mehdayih – 11-4 – Goodwood 3.35
    £50 win double

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4127

I keep waiting for the 2nd’s to become 1st’s and to start winning some of these tight finishes. It’s not happening. Time for a little break :(

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Pants
    Pants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 630

I hope all is well Joni. It certainly pays to have a break sometimes, this game can test the mental strength of even the toughest at times.

Hope to see you back soon.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5427

Hope you be ok Joni on break i miss your posts

And trip will you be at Newmarket today and tomorrow hope see you in thread on races to will you watch 2yo races in Ireland and York to

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4127

Hi guys – thanks for the lovely messages. Had a few weeks away but back till the end of the season and hoping to finish strongly. A few ew’s for today:

£25ew Sun Maiden 9-1 – Kempton 2.05
    £25ew Spanish City – 6-1 – Ascot 2.45
    £25ew Corelli – 9-2 – Haydock 3.35
    £25ew Fille De Reve – Haydock 4.30
    £5ew Lucky 15

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 615

A miracle has happened, the master has returned!
    I hope you utilized your absence to gather some new power, Joni :bye:
    And please think your strategy over to play each and every Frankel progeny big, because it wouldn’t be for his sake, or Sir Henry’s, and at last not to your own to piss away your profits from the last two years!
    This was quite honest and undiplomatic from me, and I hope you don’t get me wrong :bye:
    I wish you well to reduce your minus, as the break even is quite far away.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

Welcome back Joni :bye:
    Not the best of days but hey some great racing ahead and the match between Armory, Siskin and Pinatubo looms next week :good:
    Hope you can get to Newmarket before the end of the season Joni back on The Rowley Mile from 21st September..can’t wait and it’s Henry Cecil Open weekend with Enable on display cantering up Warren Hill on Sunday 22nd..last time we will see her in UK before The Arc. :heart: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4127

Hi guys – yes not exactly back with a bang!! Sun Maiden should have been placed as should Spanish City but the other two finished last! Never mind.

HB – no offence taken at all. I do try and be selective with my Frankel bets and his progeny generally deliver a very good return but it hasn’t worked out this year.

Jac – I’ll do my best to get to one of the later meetings. I’ll keep you posted! And yes lots of good days ahead.

We’ve had 7 great years on this thread (with 1 exception) and I guess it was inevitable that we would eventually have a bad one. Business has been tough for me this year and perhaps that has clouded my judgement occasionally! But I still enjoy posting and, as I’ve said in the past, it helps me keep some sort of discipline as I never want to post stupid selections or bet on just anything (as I used to when younger!) Anyway – we’ll keep going for now and hopefully there’ll be a couple of good days before the end of the season.

Just one bet for today which HB will hate but Delaware was super impressive last time and I think he could run a nice race at ew odds.

£50ew Delaware – 5-1 – Longchamp 2.50

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 615

Don’t worry Joni, I appreciate it that you intend to stay selective :good:
    I know that you had quite a few near misses this season, and I can say the same about myself :cry:
    I wish you a good and fortunate finale, and that you can turn the tide :bye:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4127

Thanks HB.

A couple for today:

£25ew Unforgetable – 7-1 – Doncaster 3.15
    £100 win Cloak Of Spirits – 2-1 – Doncaster 3.45
    £25ew Passion – 7-1 – Doncaster 3.45
    £100 win Davydenko – 2-1 – Doncaster 4.55
    £20ew treble
    £20 rev f/c Cloak Of Spirits/Passion

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4127

A welcome winner after my 2 selections in the previous race had managed to hamper each other!!! One for today:

£100 win Casanova – 10-3 – Sandown 3.55

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8536

Well done Joni..keep ’em coming :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 615

Who said Frankel’s wouldn’t win :yes: ?
    Very well done Joni, good to see you firing again :good:

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1113

Good to see you back Joni

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 234 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.