Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

This topic contains 192 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 3 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

Don’t worry Joni, I’m sure you’ll turn it around soon
    and if you don’t at least you will be safe in the knowledge that TAPK will be on to tell you where you are going wrong… :whistle:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Haha! Thanks Nath. Haven’t heard from the legend for a long time. Hope the old boy is ok?

Frankel’s babies will help me turn things round today. They all have a chance so a couple of fun bets:

£100 win Herculean – 15-8 – Sandown 3.45 lost
    £25ew Wadilsifa – 6-1 – York 4.05 placed
    £10 win patent with Chartered Goodwood 7.40 winner

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

A couple for today before we hit the big time next week.

£25ew Thrave – 7-1 – Sandown 3.15 lost
    £25ew Blown By Wind – York 3.35 lost
    £10ew double
    £25 st f/c Mekong and Raheen House/Making Miracles 3.00 York
    £4ew Trixie Mekong, Thrave, Blown By Wind

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Early bet for Tuesday as I see the money is coming in for Elarqam. He is very classy and should go very close on ground he’ll like.

£100ew Elarqam – 4-1 – Royal Ascot 5.35 placed

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

So tomorrow is the start of my favourite 5 days of the week. It looks like we are in for a great week and I have a few additional bets on top of Elarqam.

In the Queen Anne it doe look a toss up between the front 3 in the betting. I have a suspicion we will see the best of Le Brivido and that he will go close over this stiffer mile. He came from nowhere in the Lockinge and I can’t see Ryan getting so far back this time. He is very highly regarded by Coolmore and I take him to beat Barney Roy and Mustashry.

Blue Point put Battash in his place last year and I struggle to see how the places can be reversed. Blue Point has a superb record at the track unlike the favourite and I think he’ll win this as easily as he did last year. For me they should be the other way round in the betting.

Finally I also can’t see how TDH can reverse form with Phoenix Of Spain. My selection won decisively in Ireland and he is entitled to improve for that first run of the season. They are now joint favourites which puzzles me. I don’t think TDH has trained on.

£50ew Le Brivido – 6-1 – Royal Ascot 2.30 lost
    £100ew Blue Point – 3-1 – Royal Ascot 3.40 winner
    £100 win Phoenix Of Spain – 9-4 – Royal Ascot 4.20 lost
    £5win Lucky 15 the above plus Elarqam

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Another couple for today. I have been taken by the regard Mr Hannon holds for Threat who won easily on debut. I watched the video of The Grand Visir‘s first run back and he was staying on nicely under hands and heels. This race has been the aim and he could run well at a big price.

£50 win Threat – 3-1 – Royal Ascot 3.05 lost
    £25ew The Grand Visir – 20-1 – Royal Ascot 5.00 winner

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

A great start to the week and some much needed winners. Will be back with tomorrow’s selections later.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Early one. The money ia pouring in for Eminent Authority who will relish the step up in trip and should like the ground.

£50ew Eminent Authority – 9-1 – Royal Ascot 3.05 lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

A few more tomorrow. I would have been on Crystal Ocean in the big one but I think a better bet on the ground is Waldgeist. He strolled home over this distance last time and was very impressive. I think he’ll take some beating in a hot race. My other picks are all horses with soft ground form obviously.

£50ew Final Song – 5-1 – Royal Ascot 2.30 placed
    £50ew Waldgeist – 9-2 – Royal Ascot 3.40 placed
    £25ew Argotera – 9-2 – Royal Ascot 4.20 lost
    £25ew Chilean – 22-1 – Royal Ascot 5.00 lost
    £25ew Raising Sand – 7-1 – Royal Ascot 5.00 placed
    £1ew Lucky 63 the above with Eminent Authority

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

A couple of top up bets for today:

£50 win Norway – 3-1 – Royal Ascot 3.05 lost
    £25ew Rawdaa – 5-1 – Royal Ascot 4.20 placed
    £15 combination f/c Rawdaa, Argotera and I Can Fly

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

1 more –

£25ew Nate The Great – 12-1 – Royal Ascot 3.05 lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

An early one for tomorrow when I’ll be there! Almania was thought good enough to run in the Dante. He didn’t run his race that day but is clearly well thought of and gets in off a mark of 95. He handles the ground and should have no problems with the trip. He will do for me.

£50ew Almania – 14-1 – Royal Ascot 5.35 (Thursday) placed

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

I like this filly who is group class running in a handicap.

£50 win Highgarden – 2-1 – Chelmsford 8.40 lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

So we hit the post a few times yesterday. Hoping for better luck today. Lots of bets to post and I need to get the suit out of the loft so will just post what I’ve done!

£25ew (4 places) King Ottokar – 5-1 – Royal Ascot 3.05 placed
    £25ew (4 places) Great Scot – 12-1 – Royal Ascot 3.05 lost
    £25ew Frankellina – 9-1 – Royal Ascot 3.40 lost
    £25ew Sparkle Roll – 16-1 – Royal Ascot 3.40 placed
    £50ew Cross Counter – 7-2 – Royal Ascot 4.20 lost
    £25ew Flag Of Honour – 12-1 – Royal Ascot 4.20 lost
    £25ew Motafaawit (6 places) – 12-1 – Royal Ascot 5.00 lost
    £25ew Davydenko (6 places) – 11-1 – Royal Ascot 5.00 lost
    £25ew Sinjaari (5 places) – 5-1 – Royal Ascot 5.35 lost
    £25ew Fox Premier (5 places) – 12-1 Royal Ascot 5.35 lost
    £1 win trebles (with Almania)
    50p ew 4 folds
    25p ew 5 folds

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Also one early one for tomorrow for a colt who will love the sticky ground.

£50ew Collide – 14-1 – Royal Ascot Friday 5.35 placed

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.