Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

This topic contains 197 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 3 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8302

Back from my hols Joni and enjoying Royal Ascot…have a great day today and bash those bookies :good:

Well done with The Grand Visor and Blue Point on Tuesday was with you on both of those what a great price for TGV :good: also had a nice bet on Afaak yesterday 20/1 winner of the Royal Hunt Cup, he’s always been a fav of mine talented son of the lovely Ghanaati :heart:

Will be cheering your horses home as Im on half of them especially Cross Counter….good luck .. Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

£10ew Old Glory – 20-1 – 3.05 lost

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

Welcome back Jac! Hope you had a lovely holiday and that you are still backing winners this week. It was great to be there yesterday to see Frankie strut his stuff. What a remarkable sportsman he is. That’s another great thing about racing – he’s pushing 50 yet still at the top of his game!

A few near misses for me again yesterday and hoping for a change of luck today.

£25ew Daahyeh – 9-2 – RA 2.30 winner
    £25ew Last Surprise – 7-1 – RA 2.30 lost
    £25ew Pablo Esobarr – 9-1 – RA 3.05 lost
    £25ew Private Secretary – 9-2 – RA 3.05 lost
    £25ew Hello Youmzain – 7-1 – RA 3.40 placed
    £200 win Hermosa – Evens – RA 4.20 lost
    £25ew Happen – 20-1 – RA 4.20 lost
    £10 combination f/c Hermosa, Happen and Jubiloso lost
    £25ew Desirous – 6-1 – RA 5.00 lost
    £25ew Layaleena – 14-1 – RA 5.00 lost
    £50ew Bagdad – 9-2 – RA 5.35 winner

15p ew Heinz all the above with Collide

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

A couple of nice winners today and we’re keeping our heads above water. A few more for tomorrow. Let’s finish with a bang!

£50ew Pinatubo – 10-3 – RA 2.30 winner
    £25ew Heaven Forfend – 16-1 – RA 2.30 placed
    £100 win Space Blue – 11-4 – RA 3.05 lost
    £150 win Blue Point – 2-1 – RA 3.40 winner
    £50ew Mirage Dancer – 6-1 – RA 4.20 placed
    £50 win Defoe – 7-2 – RA 4.20 winner
    £25ew Cape Byron – 7-1 – RA 5.00 winner
    £50ew Corelli – 9-2 – RA 5.35 lost
    £1ew 6fold, 5fold and 4fold accumulators

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

One more bet for today away from Ascot. I keep reading good gallops reports about Light and Dark and if he can reproduce those gallops on the track he’ll take all the beating.

£50ew Light and Dark – 5-1 – Newmarket 4.00 placed

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2134

Good luck today Joni…Mirage Dancer the one I’m most looking forward to today :heart:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8302

Thanks Joni it was a much welcome holiday for us :good:

Back to Ascot…Pinatubo looked a bit special today didn’t he and fantastic to see Blue Point pull off the double I had a big smile on my face for the rest of the day after that and with Defoe and Cape Byron coming home I bet you did too . :heart: great to see it all coming together for you now :good: Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

– £1,998.99

Glad to hear it Jac. Yes a good day to finish and Pinatubo was definitely the pick. A great week but very hard to make a profit until yesterday so I’m glad to finish ahead. My other two highlights would definitely be Japan and Watch Me who look all class. Mirage Dancer ran a cracker but should have been committed earlier in the straight as we all know that these Frankel’s need to be allowed to gallop. They don’t have a turn of foot. He’ll win a nice race sooner or later.

All in all we are still way down on the year but at least things are moving in the right direction. We’ll keep on trying!

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8302

KING POWER
    Runs in the Italian Oaks today Joni
    4.30 San Siro
    Best of luck to her.

Hard to keep up with all these Frankels’ ruling the world. :heart:

jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 136

Following Frankels blindly is a sure way to have a losing season.

Hope it turns around for you Joni!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

Thanks guys. Try not to follow then blindly Jimmy but probably know more about them than any other type of horse. Missed a few this week unfortunately.

A couple for today. Limato loves Newmarket and should be good enough to beat these on ground he’ll like. Red Gallileo has the 5lb penalty taken off by Thomas Greatrix and should go close as should the redoubtable Kings Advice.

£100 win Limato – 5-2 – Newmarket 3.15 winner
    £25ew Red Galileo – 14-1 – Newcastle 3.35 lost
    £25ew King’s Advice – 10-1 – Newcastle 3.35 lost
    £25 win doubles

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

It looks like a corner was turned at Royal Ascot Joni. I’m sure they won’t be the last.

I hope you have a winner with Kings Advice, as he is my chief fancy.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

-£1,873.99

Thanks Buckers. He ran really well from that draw and had a huge amount of ground to make up. He’ll win next time. Good win for Limato though.

Interestingly I did a bit of research and If you had backed every Frankel offspring this season since March 30th a £1 win stake would have you a balance right now of exactly £0.00!

It’s the Iris Derby and you have to have a bet in the Irish Derby don’t you? I think The Curragh will suit Broome better as long as they go a decent clip which I think they will.

£50 win Broome – 11-4 – Irish Derby 5.20 The Curragh lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

What a farce of an Irish Derby. There must be some red faces in Ireland this morning!

A few bets in France for today.

£100 win Mehdaayah – Evens – Saint Cloud 3.25 winner
    £50 win Lah Ti Dar – 3-1 – Saint Cloud 4.00 lost
    £50 win Headman – 5-2 – Saint Cloud 4.35 winner

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

-£1,748.99

Another good day with 2 winners and great to see Mehdaayah win so well. She is a Group 1 winner in the waiting. Same to be said for Headman who was super impressive.

One bet for today. I did some work for Hambleton Racing last week and I know they think that Spiorad has been fairly treated for his easy win last month. He’ll do for me.

£75ew Spiorad – 3-1 – Pontefract 4.30

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.