Joni's Poni's Season 8

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's Season 8

This topic contains 253 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 2 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Joni this is some spectacular stuff, you are really a high roller :bye:
    Very well done with Pinatubo :good: ; I played him for 11/4.
    So the first step is made, best of luck for your further bets :good:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Sorry to hear about your son’s accident Joni and on your Birthday too, what a sickener, hope he’s soon on the mend. :heart:

Off to a great start with Pinatubo :good: and hein also :good:

I’m away for a couple of weeks from next Tuesday but will be popping in when I can to keep up with the comps, the racing and gossip in general..best of luck with all your bets over the coming weeks Joni.

I’m hoping Bangkok will win the Derby tomorrow and have Lavender’s Blue and Maqsad in the Oaks today…Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Oh, I forgot to say I hope your son will get well soon Joni!
    I still was too enthused about Pinatubo..

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26324

Hi Joni,
    Sorry to hear about your son. Hope his arm mends quickly.
    Under the circumstances suspect you’ve forgotten about the 10 To Follow or it’s rightly not a priority. Just thought I’d mention you have a sub waiting on the bench called Broome and he’s third favourite for the Derby.

value is everything

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Thanks guys. He’s on the mend but will be in a cast for 6 weeks so feeling a bit down in the dumps! Thanks for the reminder Mark – I have made my sub. Have a great holiday Jac! Glad you followed me in on Pintatubo HB – the rest of the day was a bit of a mix but I was delighted to see Frankel win his first European classic as a sire. Typical that Anapurna was the only Frankel I didn’t back but I still loved watching her win – it’s not all about money is it?!

On to today and I think the Derby looks very tricky with all those O’Brien horses. I’m not sure THEY know which one is best so how are WE supposed to. All week I was going to back Broome but watching his races back last night he always hits a flat spot in his races and, whilst he is bound to finish the race off well, I can’t help thinking that he might be tapped for toe on this quicker ground. The favourite, Sir Dragonet, was super impressive at Chester albeit on very different ground but he might just be a superstar. I have backed him to win and had a little bit on Telecaster as he might just be allowed a lead turning in and might be hard to catch. Should be a fascinating race. I’ve had plenty of other bets – the main one being Veracious who came there travelling well last time but didn’t quite get home. A furlong out she had the beating of Nyalati and I think she will win this on route to better things.

£100 win Veracious – 5-2 – Epsom 2.35 lost
    £100 win Zaaki – 7-4 – Epsom 3.10 winner
    £25ew Muthmir – 17-2 – Epsom 3.45 lost
    £25ew Copper Knight – 10-1 – Epsom 3.45 lost
    £25ew Telecaster – 5-1 – The Derby lost
    £100 win Sir Dragonet – 3-1 – The Derby lost
    £25ew Spanish City – 7-2 – Epsom 5.50 lost
    £0.5 Super Yankee – all the above

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26324

Hi Joni,
    Unfortunately rules say naps/star horses are not transferable in the TRF 10 To Follow.
    Do you still want to sub Broome in for East?
    If not hearing before the race I’ll presume you do. :good:

value is everything

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Ok Mark sorry – let’s keep East and swap Broome with Advertise.

A couple of extra bets after paddock inspection:

£50 win Broome – 5-1 – Derby lost
    £20 combination f/c Broome, Sir Dragonet and Telecaster lost

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26324

Ok Mark sorry – let’s keep East and swap Broome with Advertise.

:good:

Broome unplaced today, but may get his Group 1 in the St Leger. :yes:

value is everything

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Another bad day at the office but I still went to sleep with a big smile on my face as Liverpool made it a glorious 6th!!!

We’ll keep going and we’ll turn it round. A couple for today:

£80 win Obligate – 11-8 – Chantilly 1.30 winner
    25ew Slalom – 9-1 – Chantilly 3.25 lost
    £20 win double

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

One for today at Kempton. This one ran very well on debut and should win tonight.

£100 win Shammah – 3-1 – Kempton 5.15 lost

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5481

Trip just to tell you VTC moved 2yosummary thread to trends and notebooks forum so where it is now

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

£50 win Gentle Look – 5-2 – Chelmsford 6.30 lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

£75ew Old Glory – 4-1 – Curragh 7.40 lost

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

A fun Frankel bet for tonight.

£40 win Imperial Act – 11-4 – Bath 8.50 lost
    £10 win Yankee all Frankel’s today

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4138

Things not going great at the moment but we’ll crack on. We’ve had bad periods in the past but I know there are winners waiting round the corner. Hopefully starting today!

I’ve bet in 3 races at Newmarket:

£25ew What A Welcome – 8-1 – Newmarket 2.45 lost
    £25ew Spirit Ridge – 5-1 – Newmarket 2.45 lost
    £50ew Spanish City – 4-1 – Newmarket 3.55 placed
    £25ew Top Top – 10-1 – Newmarket 5.05 lost
    £5ew trebles and £3ew doubles

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.