To Punchestown and beyond

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays To Punchestown and beyond

This topic contains 262 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  ham 6 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 263 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Dewhurst

1 point mohawk 16/1

Still slightly skeptical of AVD and TDH

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1062

The ground would be the factor making me uneasy about Roaring Lion- def not the trip. Twice over a mile, RP trophy and Guineas RL did show his tendancy to hang left….he had the rail in the guineas but he hasn’t shown that tendancy more recently, and thats hardly due to the trip. So without the hanging left, he will be a much more straight forward ride, and that turn of foot is more likely to be shown than not Ham. On ratings over a mile, Roaring Lion probably has every bit as good form as Laurens. For all i believe she is still hard to rate like Ginge has said. Laurens has the versatility down to the ground, but hopefully if RL shows up, he handles it and makes it a great race. I would be happy to take on Recoletos as well like you.

PP is priced attractively given her rating etc. If she stays the trip fully i’d agree, she’d be hard to beat.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Cesarewitch

1 point merie devie @33/1

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

I think his 3yo 8f form is pretty poor, group3 at best, laurens would beat elarqam out of sight, but hes more streetwise like you say so maybe he will be slightly better? WIll be interesting to find out jack so good luck with him if you fancy him, but ill be confident laurens will be infront of him!

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1062

Oh no mate don’t especially fancy him considering the ground is unknown right now. I would really worry on soft ground with him, his turn of foot might be blunted. His 3yo 1m form is only 1 proper race, the first we might as well forget… I would say if it turned up good ground he’d be very very hard to beat, but soft Laurens would be my idea of the winner….

PS on Merie Devie- always loved her, but finding her hard to work out right now on the flat…seems to be quite badly out of form!sort of fancied low sun!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Previous reply to this vanished hmm

Yeah im a sucker for being well in on a hurdles mark and she is fairly well in if capable of running to her best, i like the jockey booking for her im a fan of lordan, low sun should be bang there and seamies a great booking, significant if hes bothered to take the chance

Autumn stakes

1 point magna grecia @5/1

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Qe2

Start off with this before i max out at decs

2 points laurens @5/1

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

And stay she didnt really, 7 woukd have been fine, 8 was too much, not too much damage done picking up the place money! Wont be a race to take not of goig forward

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Champions sprint

1 point e/w librisa breeze @8/1

Breeders cup filly & mare turf

2 points wild illusion @7/2

Breeders cup filly & mare sprint
    2 points dream tree @4/1

Breeders cup classic
    1 point roaring lion @16/1

Having just got back from a weekend a way, wqsnt the greatest betting weekend, was gutted pretty pollyanna couldnt see out that last furlong but like i said previously is probably look back and question the stupidity of the oasis dream 2yo 8f issue, magna grecia i have no doubt will beat persian king next time they meet, too darn hot was pretty exceptional, was about as bad a performance in the first 6f as i can remember, then he just absolutely dotted up, if he stays fit he could have plenty more 1s appearing, he wont stay the derby trip though, purely on a price basis, ill likely back quorto for the guineas. Another future classic winner for me in norway and ill be backing him soon for the st leger, by this stage lf the year my breeders cup bets are usually all done, but alpha centauri being retired has set me back and ive just held off until i was nearly certain what i fancied would show. Roaring lion being the obvious one from the above that wont, but with soft ground coming at ascot and enable in the turf, i wont be surprised if he appears in a very “moderate” classic.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Qe2

Start off with this before i max out at decs

2 points laurens @5/1

Out to 6/1 now and shes been jocked up so i think its relatively safe to take the plunge…. relatively safe lol

1.5 points e/w laurens at 6/1

Crazy that shes an e/w price lol kneck deep in this one on the day again for sure

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Champion stakes

1 point e/w capri @8/1

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

2.20 bath

2 points divin bere @11/4

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19739

I think you are right regard the destination of Roaring Lion in the classic
    I’ve backed him for the turf a while back but Gosden did run and win with Ravens Pass so I wouldn’t be surprised if he runs in it.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Makes sense to run there on his abillity and pedigree, hes not running against cracksman and he wont run against enable, would they go qe2 then the classic or would the season end if he were to win or run a shocker in the qe2? Guesswork but at the 16/1 its worth a small stake for now.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Qe2

2 points laurens @5/1
    1.5 points e/w laurens at 6/1

Hills generously going 5 places which if you havent backed laurens and fancy her is an absolute gift, too late for me on that front (3 places on above bet) but it opens up the race on a different angle for me also and im happy to have a punt on something big hitting the frame, that one being hey gaman, been on him a few times this season and its not worked out, but at 50/1 @ a 1/5th for 5 places it would not surprise me atall, he has various group 1-3 form and at 10/1 for a place i cant leave it alone

0.75 point e/w hey gaman @50/1 1/5th @ 5 places

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 263 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.