To Punchestown and beyond

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays To Punchestown and beyond

This topic contains 398 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  ham 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 399 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Reigning it in due to the amount of placed runners since i started this lol like i said elsewhere today, laurens would have won with a prep, she looked like she needed it, but no damage done playing e/w

Onwards we go, fascinating card at naas tomorrow,

1.40 naas Moravia 10/1 2 points e/w

2.10 naas & 5.10 naas Van beethoven 4/5 & imaging 13/8 3 point double @ 3.72/1

-19 points

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Well with the drift on imaging the double ended up paying around 4.4/1, mcdonogh nearly gave me a heart attack, not sure what race the pundits watched but that was not a classy ride lol not the most exciting of winning bets but its a start.

Moravia disappointing after opening @10/1 was backed into 3/1 fav, but could only manage 4th

Ill tally al this up soon enough!

Quite liked fairyland today, one for the albany at royal ascot, around 12/1 atm, van beethoven also, 16/1 atm for the coventry, will likely be second choice behind sergei profikov but could be a good e/w angle.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

My least favourite track tomorrow but some good racing

Chester 1.50, terrible draw, a massive negative especially in 5f races, but im willing to take a play on the form basis rather than the draw Kinks @4/1 2 points 2nd and 3rd have came out and won from his bath win and he gave a fair amount of weight and won at ripon, channon and bishop firing atm and im hoping for a good run

Chester 2.25, award winning @ 7/1 2 points Not unusual for the obrien filly to improve massively from one run to the next but magic wand has a mountain to climb, a few exposed types before a few other obrien entries, the fav is rotten and ill be stunned if she remains fav by the off

Chester 3.00 Global citizen @ 7/1 1 point

0.5 e/w treble @ 259/1 Quite keen on the first two, bit of fun on the treble, its my day off :yahoo:

-23 points

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Lucky you Ham!

Chester looks a lottery, especially the derby/oaks trials IMO.

I’ve 33s on Magic Wand due to PP thinking RM would ride one of the others, but i’ve laid it off at 4s as her form is next to nothing. Who knows she might end up improving enough to win, as i am not sure if the race is very strong at all.

Looks A Million looks a bet to me in the 3.00 at 15/2.

Enjoy! It’s a fantastic course, one of my favourites!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Good luck jack, yeah a good moving laying some back, could find the improvement needed, the ballydoyle lot usually somehow do…..one of my worst tracks from a betting perspective, stall bias tracks i always end up on the wrong one lol

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

1.50 chester, El astronaute @ 15/2 2 points

2.25 chester Rostropovich @ 7/2 3 points

Hopefully they “eat up” this morning…

-18 points

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Ascot 8.10 Highlight reel @ 11/1 1 point e/w Was very keen on the formline last season, his newcastle 3rd was a race i kept my eye on, hoping he is somewhat ready to go today.

1.50 chester South seas @ 12/1 1 point Gelded, group 3 winner, no prep but this looks like a nice starting point, one to keep an eye on.

2.25 chester Forest ranger @ 6/1 1 point Cant believe how short eminent is tomorrow, fully entitled on best form to win, but FTO against a field thats all had a prep, hes going to have to run to 110+ atleast FTO to win…..

3.30 chester My reward @ 15s 1 point e/w & fun mac @ 14s 1 point e/w Couldnt split them so opted for 2 :scratch:

-15.5 points

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Forest ranger winning and fun pac 2nd made for not to bad a day, a tad unlucky with highlight reel, travelling really well and just got a bit tired, as i said, hes one to keep an eye on he will pop up in one at a price

3.10 haydock Sizing granite 2 points e/w @ 12/1 Looks to have more to offer, mark may underestimate him

3.40 lingfield Tajaanus 2 points e/w @ 7/1 Was keen on her last year and she looked pretty smart on reappearence, looks like she has more to come.

2.35 haydock Bedrock 2 points @ 11/4 Well in on hurdles mark, although, hasnt shown as much over the flat, im still hopeful he will be good enough in one of these

-21.5 points

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

2.05 leopardstown Conclusion @ 5/2 5 points As i had said on previous threads he was one i herd good things about and i dont think we have seen the best of him, getting better ground tomorrow, if he doesnt trounce this lot ill be disappointed.

French 2000 guineas Us navy flag @ 12/1 1 point e/w Will only run if he gets his ground, has plenty of negatives coming into this, but hes by far the best of these on form albeit because hes had more races, but hard to get away from at the price. Dice roll should run well should the rain come and i may back him if usnf is w/d

French 1000 guineas Barkaa 1 point @ 5/1 Not the most inspiring of races. She was impressive lto

-29.5 points

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Conclusion broke my heart a little yesterday getting beat a nose lol, still wont be giving up on him yet!

The derby picture is all shaped towards saxon warrior atm and hes pretty short, ill take a few stabs this week before the trial Roaring lion @ 60s 1 point & wells farhh go @ 50/1 1 point With the trials coming up this week youd hope one of them will show well and cant be the current price should one win impressively, i think their both slightly forgotten about, roaring lion clearly not a miler, thought that was an excellent run in the guineas considering & WFG looked promising last season. Wouldnt be surprised if james cook came out and won the dante and hes tempting @ 100s.

-31.5 points

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

3.30 york

Have to take on harry angel, definitely the best of these, but giving weight to brando, who was usually the one giving weight to HA last season and wasnt that far away, hes entitled to be a lot closer this time getting 5lbs with already having a run under his belt, hes a cracking bet.

Brando 9/2 3 points

-34.5 points

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

I can see the reasoning Ham…

HA might be over enthusiastic today as well. worth ago.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

On further looking Ham- his York form doesn’t seem to be up to much at all.

I would take a stab at Sir Dancealot- not at all in HA’s league, but potential for a surprise in this small field.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

I get the form at york angle but it doesnt worry me to much, hes won their before, have to take these shorties on though like i had said about eminent (albeit he pulled up wrong) but FTO giving 5lbs in a sprint to a race fit rival, who if he runs to his or of 114, harry angel will have to run to atleast 120 FTO because of the weight advantage, tough ask for any horse, not impossible, but im not sure it warrants 4/9, but then again he only has two real rivals to worry about should brando and SD run below form then he could very well just piss up.

Good luck with SD jack :good:

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Harry angel impressive enough eh? Id say that was a fair performance FTO

York 2.10 Poyle vinnie 12/1 1 point e/w

-36.5 points

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.