Sussex stakes 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Sussex stakes 2019

This topic contains 156 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by KevMc KevMc 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1805

Agreed Frenchy all part of the game!

Botchy, maybe that’s the other options for KOC then, 10furlongs!

Hein, i agree as i said at the bottom of my most recent post to Nathan, i think KOC makes more sense to go here, but that wasn’t based on direct quotes or anything like that. Just that to me TDH has proven himself durable enough to travel to France, whereas KOC may still have experience/immaturity issues.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 378

KOC shortened up for the Juddmonte today at the same time he was drifting for the Sussex. I had a small bet at 14s. Much rather back him at 14s for that, than 7/4 for the Sussex(before we knew TDH was running)

Watching where if anywhere Romanised goes next few days then but will only play him EW now if I do anything for the Sussex

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 577

Yes Jack, I know, fair enough :good:

This quotation isn’t current, and it shouldn’t be forgotten that in the meantime Mr. Gosden got the brilliant idea that TDH is a true sprinter :yes: . But a little later obviously some other regions in his brain dominated again and told him the opposite :wacko:
    I really can’t stand this bullshit anymore, over and done for me.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2257

At risk of stating the obvious Hein- if LS was up to no good on here trying to manipulate markets why would he post on the site making references to his job? Wouldn’t that be like a sniper wearing pink flashing lights and marching straight up to the target??

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 378

JG today… King of Comedy going to France

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26153

Hate to say this, but tried to warn TRFers it was always extremely probable Gosden would split his pair of top milers – pretty much always does in open Group 1 events… And what he said earlier is not contradictory, because people’s opinions change. Gosden rightly just says what he thinks at that particular moment in time. Punters make use of every run a horse has in order to judge its requirements – same with trainers. ie Targets are re-assessed not only after that horse’s every run but also after every stablemate with similar requirements… And Trainers take in to account more than what’s happened in races. Looking at both what it and stablemates do at home too. So opinions of trainers can change just as a punter’s opininion can. May be unfortunate, but sorry – anyone backing any horse ante-post should know the risks. ;-)

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20661

Do you think TDH doesn’t stay a true run mile and/or a stiff mile, Ginge..??

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

newyork1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

Surly no one is going to get fooled again over TDH? I see no reason why he should turn the tables on CM

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 573

I thought TDH stayed the Dante trip personally

He just didn’t seem willing to put it all in at the end of his races this season, if he had the attitude of a horse like beat the bank I think hed have won all his races this season

He travelled all over circus maximus at royal ascot, got there to win the race and didn’t go through with it

I’d be interested in romanised if he was to run, was a massive eye catcher in the queen Anne and will love the firm ground that will be likely at goodwood

Will wait till decs to decide what to do

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 378

Surly no one is going to get fooled again over TDH? I see no reason why he should turn the tables on CM

He won his last race (a group1) with an RPR of 125 going strong through the line. That comment doesn’t make sense!

CM got the perfect pace and ride in the SJP, too slow and TDH would’ve won in a sprint, too fast and King of Comedy would’ve won from the back, it’s easy to see TDH turning the tables.

He might not but don’t think anyone is being fooled based on his last run.

Romanised is heading to France apparently FF. Trainers comments after last race.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 573

Thanks Frenchy, will hopefully get an each way price wherever he ends up

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 573

Only 9 horses left in at this stage

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26153

Do you think TDH doesn’t stay a true run mile and/or a stiff mile, Ginge..??

Given the sectionals TDH has put up so far, I have very little doubt TDH will stay a truly run mile on a sound surface around the easy mile of Goodwood, Nathan. Slightly more doubt if it were a truly run race on a stamina sapping very soft surface…

…And – although imo he’ll still be more likely to stay than not stay a stiff Ascot mile on softer ground – there is certainly a much bigger risk of not staying. Wonder whether part of the reason in the Goodwood target is to give him a British Group 1 victory at a mile as a three year old. Wouldn’t surprise me if he then has his sights set on the 7f Foret and Breeders Cup; possibly even Haydock Sprint Cup and Champion Sprint depending on what happens next week.

Where as although King Of Comedy will need to prove effectiveness on a soft surface, he will be suited by a test of stamina of the stiff Ascot mile.

That said, what happens in the Sussex could yet go a long way in dispelling future mile stamina doubts – even at Ascot.

value is everything
    KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

CM got the perfect pace and ride in the SJP, too slow and TDH would’ve won in a sprint, too fast and King of Comedy would’ve won from the back, it’s easy to see TDH turning the tables.

They went slow in the SJP. Par is 99% FS and the first 5 home’s FS was 106% on average.

I agree that Goodwood will suit TBH better than the stiff Ascot, but i stil think he dogged Ascot rather than running out of stamina.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20661

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.