Nothing Gained 6

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 6

This topic contains 149 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 22 hours, 32 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Money comfortably back in running for both my pair at Haydock, so happy with that.

No such opportunity with Rum Runner, as he blew the start again.

Pleased to have had the quiet Saturday, with The Harvest Festival kicking off today at Listowel.

I’ll be playing a lot of these, but unlikely I’ll be putting many of them on here, and I’ll try to be selective.

The 1640 is a cracker, and it’s one of this races where I could make a case for a few of them. In the end I went with Nearly Namad. Questionable if he’s even JP’s number one here, with The Big Lense an interesting runner, but if on a going day, I think that Namad, who’s close to last winning mark, can at least give me a run for my money at the 20’s Each Way.

1640 Listowel
    Nearly Namad, Mrs Lovett, Gwencily Berbas
    30p Combination Tricast, and 20p Straight.

-£88.40

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Got what I deserved today, not covering The Big Lense. Nearly Namad bang there, but smacked three out, and game over.

Playing full card again tomorrow, but the only one I’d be happy putting up is Trueba. Fairly consistent, but way back last time, though he didn’t have the best of luck. 8’s is at the limit of what I really like to bet each way, so I’ll hold off for now, as he looks as if he might drift. Four places makes a difference.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Well Trueba comfortably made the 4, and I was happy to get 11’s, and even happier with the fact that he looked as if he was toiling at halfway.

Hardly a massive bet of course, but happy to get a return in a trappy race.

Even trappier is that 1535 tomorrow. McManus has three in it, and the Walsh booking for Morisini might be significant, but Top Moon surely isn’t close to his full potential yet, and I took the 5’s Win.

I took the 8’s on The Rubinator in the 1505, but with five places up for grabs, I might have to stretch to an Each Way on him as well.

I’ll play full card again, but those are two that interest me most.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Bittersweet with The Rubinator. Went with him at 11’s EW, so made a nice profit on him in running, but should have been a lot more, but the last flight fall was agonising, I’m pretty sure he’d have held on.

Didn’t lay off Top Moon, as he was a smaller bet, and though he’d hit 7’s, I didn’t top up the 5’s, so I just let it run.

I’ve given my thoughts on Kerry National in Big Races, but waiting to see whether or not Black Scorpion sneaks on. I’ll leave the Exactas/Trifectas till I know. I’ve topped up A Toi Phil to the 5 Places.

Elsewhere at Listowel, I really Born By The Sea in the 1650, and 9’s was mad, so had to have a go each way at that price.

Earlier in the card, we have Prosecution. Bet him here last year, and he did me proud. They’ve managed to get him back down the weights nicely. I think that round here, 16-1 is a fantastic price to place.

Kerry National
    A Toi Phil, Yorkhill, Black Scorpion

Either £1 Rev Exacta, or 20p Combination Exactas and Trifectas

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Fierce bad luck with The Rubinator.
    Some consolation being right about him though, as well as the IR layoff money. Good luck tomorrow.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Top moon was fairly eye catching today VTC perhaps one to watch depending on the level of race he shows up in next!

Like your Born By The Sea punt tomorrow might get involved too. Don’t rate the Mullins horse and Doctor Duffy while having some decent early form isn’t progressing currently. Step up in trip should suit! :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Yeah, Top Moon one to take note of definitely.

He might find one too good, but I just thought the 9’s was great for a horse who’s got a definite chance of making the frame.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Kerry National
    A Toi Phil, Yorkhill
    £1 Reverse Exacta

-£90.40

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Total washout today, with not a blow landed. It crossed my mind to lay Yorkhill in running, but as I was thinking about it, he went from 2nd to 10th in about four strides.

Obviously playing every race at Listowel, and had a wee bit of joy here and there the first three days. That’s not how it went today, and everything sunk without trace.

I’ll be back for more tomorrow, but don’t like anything strongly enough to put up. The only one I’m happy to mention is more for sentimental reasons. I’m not sure what he’s doing here, but The Ballyboys, who gave me some fun this time last year, is running at 50’s. Must be six, seven runs since I backed him, but he’ll be interesting round here. He’s on the level, but I’m sure he’ll think about running on to the Chase course just to run out at one of the fences.

Big race of the day is The Listowel Hurdle, but it’s majorly tight, and I’m just hoping Mr Everest comes out of it in good shape.

A Toi Phil is my biggest loser of the season so far, I liked him a lot more than I let on, and I want that money back, so tomorrow might be the time to go back to Von Blucher. He won at this meeting last year, and he was a fair old winner for me. I’ve only bet him the once this year, and he was one of my many who were slow out the gate. If he can get away, then I think he can run a race. The ground is a bit of a concern, and the jockey is a complete unknown to me, but he looks so well treated I had to take the 16’s to 5 places. 18’s still available, and I want to top up, but I also like Drummond Warrior At 13-2, so that top up cash will go his way.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Hope you backed the Ballyboys EW then!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Oh yeah Grass, and got a wee bit of 66’s as well. For a brief moment, I thought he would be proper challenging, but very very happy with that.

All in all a good ten minutes for me, with Von Blucher making the frame at Doncaster.

Decent enough day that, very happy with that pair, and most importantly, got that money I put on A Toi Phil back.

tbracing
    tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1336

Going to give Angel’s Hideaway a chance at 9s tomorrow, like her bigger than 6’s. Disappointed last twice but all her bad runs this year have come at Goodwood and Epsom, quirky tracks not all handle so taking a chance this more conventional galloping track will suit her. She has tons of ability on her best and would have pick of the form on her best chance. Will be throwing 1/2 a point at her at 9s

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

That’s a bloody good price TB on her best. I really like the racing at this meeting, and I had a long look at this race. Unfortunately I was torn between Servalan, Pretty Baby, and Mot Juste, so I sat it out.

I’ll definitely be cheering against those three now, so I’ll hopefully cheer Angels Hideaway home.

tbracing
    tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1336

Yeah I had Mot Juste in my notebook and tracker but overlooked her this time, Pretty Baby is very interesting she certainly has the ability. Think Di Fede should go well but typically this race goes to the 3yo’s. Farzeen could be that typical, could be anything horse but happy to play against her.

Popped you a little message vtc don’t know if you noticed.

Tim

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15620

Really hopeful for Theglasgowarrior tomorrow in The Mallard. On 20’s EW, and it’s cut up, so I’m hopeful. Should he run well, I’ll have to have my wits about me, as I’ll have to nab the 33’s for The Cesarewitch. That’s a big “should” though, as for all he ran a belter in this last year, this year’s small but select field might represent a stronger renewal, but as I said, I’m hopeful.

A much better day all round at Listowel today, well it couldn’t possibly be worse than Wednesday.

I’ve bet Monbeg River at 5’s. Was an eyecatcher in the entries for The Kerry National, but just missed out. Bar the odd blip, he’s pretty solid, but I’d be pretty sure that tomorrow will be the day for A Toi Phil, when I don’t bet him.

I also like Le Hachette at 9’s. Looks a typical Ryan horse, already getting the miles in, and for all that I want to go win only, that 5 Places is hard to resist for her.

Baily Thunder is 25’s in the race before, and I think that looks very generous. He’s looked the part on more than one occasion, and he travels very well. I’m hoping I can get a good price on the Exchange, as he looks ripe for a lay in running.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.