Nothing Gained 6

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 6

This topic contains 67 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 1 day, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

It looks like a good start for you Venture + some very nice prices at Royal Ascot too. Good luck for the season ahead.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Thanks mate, yeah best Royal Ascot for a good while, with most of the main bets making the frame. Happy so far….

1445 York
    Justanotherbottle, Growl
    75p Reverse Exacta

-£16.30

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Northumberland Plate
    Stratum, Speedo Boy
    70p Reverse Exacta

-£17.70

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5269

Bob flying today in thread 3 nice winners hope you ok

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Well played yesterday mate.

Yeah, all good here, just getting (slowly) warmed up.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Win, lose, and draw with the three main selections yesterday.

Lose. Theglasgowarrior was frustrating, and he’s beginning to look like he’ll be on my radar for The Cesarewitch again.

Draw. I laid off Stratum in running under 4’s. I’m surprised he went as low as that, as I never liked the look of him from the off.

Win. Norway saved the day for me, and another big each way, which made a huge difference. I’m standing by him, he’ll surely come in.

If one of these big each ways could actually win, that would be great.

Justanotherbottle ran ok, and he’ll surely come good, while it’s all about timing with Von Blucher, and he had no chance yesterday, having missed the break. No such excuses for Midnight Wilde, who was just rubbish.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

It’s not the strongest renewal ever of The Summer Cup, but I’ll give it a bash.

I’ve went with old pal Regal Encore to win at 14’s. In a field full of unexposed types, there’s the real suspicion that there’ll be a couple in there, who are much better than we’ve seen so far, but Regal is tried and tested. 14’s looks fair enough. I’ll have a bit more though on Henllan Harri, who loves this race, and with five places available, he looks good value, even allowing for him being out of the Handicap. I’m trying to get 25’s.

I also wanted to be with Van Gogh Du Granit and Gentlemen Jon, but can’t justify more than two.

Two old friends in the big hurdle at Cartmel, but reluctantly deserting them. Nayati looked overpriced for the win at 11’s, while 20’s four places on Manamite was too good to refuse.

1435 Cartmel
    Nayati, Manamite, John Constable
    Summer Cup
    Henllan Harri, Van Gogh Du Granit, Gentleman Jon
    20p Combination Exactas and Trifectas

-£22.50

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7687

Still out of touch racing wise [holidays, dog etc] but from today am backing all of Dr Newlands horses in accumulators; trouble is everyone else seems to have spotted his amazing strike rate !!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Good to hear from you Moe, hope you and the pup are well.

Yeah, he’s had worse spells, though prices will surely be affected, short term anyway.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7687

So, yesterday I did an ew double and one of them came nowhere. Today he had 4 runners and I didn’t know how to do a lucky 15 thingy on the internet so I backed all of them single ew and the last 2 as an ew double and they all either won or came 2nd. Don’t know whether to laugh or cry….

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Bloody hell Moe, that’s a sickener for you.

Lucky 15’s are very easy on the internet. Just click on first horse, move to the next race, click that horse, and so on.

Most sites will have built a betslip for you, and they will have an option for you to then do a Lucky 15.

It varies from bookie to bookie, but just look for options such as “Multiples”, ”Show all multiples” etc, and it should be easy from there.

I know you like you’re 2p, 3p bets, so worth noting that the likes of Sky, Betfred, and Tote, are all minimum 5p.

Any problems let me know.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7687

How do you tie it up so that, if one horse bombs you still get paid?

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

That would be done automatically for you Moe. If you did the Lucky 15, and only one bombed, then you’d get paid the rest. Hope that makes sense.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Happy to steer clear since Sunday, and really got Norway and Orvar to thank for last week, as there were a few misses about.

Very decent card at Sandown tomorrow, and gave my thoughts in the race threads, so I’ll no bother repeating too much here.

Coral Charge
    Rumble Inthejungle 11’s
    Undecided over adding Muthmir or Caspoan Prince.

Coral Challenge
    Rum Runner 16’s EW AP 16’s
    Rum Runner 20’s EW 5 Places
    I’ll add Breden, but he’s fairly drifting.

Coral Eclipse
    Regal Reality 25’s EW AP

Coral Marathon
    Cleonte 6’s
    Not a big bet, so I’ll add if he goes bigger

Away from Sandown, the 1920 at Bellewstown is a cracking race. Cecil Corbett was a decent winner for me during the close season, while Fiveaftermidnight is interesting back over timber. I’ve bet Ayr of Elegance once before, and also watched her a few other times, and she’s been largely disappointing, yet I’m still interested. For some reason.

This race though is all about Aranhill Chief for me. He was a real money spinner for me 2014-17, and a serious favourite of mine, but I assumed he’d been retired. Last season though he looked a bit regressive, and I only bet him on a couple of occasions, with him looking highly regressive. They’re persevering though, and though his runs last year are fresh in the memory, and he’s more than entitled to need this, he hasn’t half been given a chance by the handicapper. As I said, real money spinner for me, so he owes me nothing, and I can’t possibly leave him alone here at 33’s+.

Coral Charge
    Rumble Inthejungle, Muthmir, Caspian Prince
    30p Trifectas

Coral Challenge
    Rum Runner, Breden, Zhui Feng
    20p Combination Exactas and Trifectas

-£26.70

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Just for a moment I thought Regal Reality was going to get there, but not to be. Big performance though from him, though I doubt I’ll get that price again on him. He’s obviously a bit of a character, but I like that sort, and not ruling out siding with him in the future.

He was a decent enough bet for me, so he kept me ahead on the day. These big each ways are keeping my head above water so far. As I said last week, could do with one of them winning.

Would have been even better but for Rum Runner. Less than three weeks into my season, and a wee trend setting in. He was yet another one to be slow away from the gates, and that was that. Wouldn’t have got near Mojito, but he was my biggest bet of the day, and I knew from the off that that was it.

The others were fairly small bets, but special word for Aranhill Chief. I was going to have a fair swing at that 33’s, but in the end I didn’t have to, comfortably getting 150’s on him. That told its own story, and he ran accordingly. Unless there’s some plan, I’m assuming Galway, then I hope they retire him……and not just because I’ll keep betting him.

Hopefully nothing this midweek, well up to Friday anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.