Nothing Gained 6

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 6

This topic contains 166 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 5 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

Nearly made it to the Friday with nothing doing, but couldn’t quite make it there, and I’ll have a wee interest on Day One Of The July Meeting.

Last time out at Windsor over 5f, I thought that Kinks showed fair potential, and this trip could be the key to him in The Bet365 Handicap. I missed the 25’s, kicking myself, but took the 18’s to 6 Places.

The Prince of Wales Stakes isn’t really my thing, but I do like the idea of Communique for The Ebor, so thought I’d take a chance tomorrow. I was going to wait to see if he hits 16’s again, but I might just run with the 14’s.

If any of that pair place, then I might chance East of Eden in the next, but that’s obviously a wee bit “guessy”.

Bet365 Handicap
    Kinks, Rathbone, Barbill
    20p Combination Exactas and Trifectas

-£29.10

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

That was more like it today, and it was fairly straightforward for Communiques, and good to see one of these big price ones actually get the head in front. Comfortably got 16’s as well, so very happy.

I didn’t bet East of Eden to place, just for the win at 12’s+, and comfortably got my money back on her. Liked her, and should be one to follow, for all it’ll probably be in Races I don’t really follow.

Kinks looked as if he’d get competitive, but in the end well beaten, and not sure I’ll get involved again. Barbill made the Trifectas, and I’d love to say he got a small each way from me at the 50’s, but sadly not. I’ll definitely keep an eye on him.

Happy with that today.

1850 Leapordstown
    Phoenix Open, Dance Alone, Avalanche
    30p Trifectas

-£30.90

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

Been looking forward to this inaugural running of The Bet365 Trophy, but just short of the line up I was expecting. Still a decent race though, and I’m with Desert Skyline 25’s to max places. I could top up 28’s, 33’s right now, but I’m not putting any more on.

In the opener I really like Migration, but the market is a worry, and he’s drifting, currently 11’s. I’ll bet him each way to max places, but waiting to see how far he goes out.

In the 1650, more than happy to be with Rum Runner and Shady McCoy. Rum Runner lost the race at the start last time, not to suggest he’d have got near the impressive winner. He’s a big price and worth the risk again. I liked Shsdy McCoy for The Bunbury, but he heads here instead, and though I’m wary of horses who look to have been rerouted to lesser prizes (never seems to work out), but both 20’s+, happy to take a chance.

In the finale, Orvar is my kind of horse, but not my kind of price. I’ll perm him in at the moment, and go with him if any joy earlier.

1650 Newmarket
    Rum Runner, Shady McCoy
    50p Reverse Exacta

-£31.90

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

1655 York
    Holmsewood, Lathom
    50p Reverse Exacta

-£32.90

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 874

Delighted to see some more spark from Desert Skyline today. Love that horse and was bitterly disappointed after last season’s exploits. Thought he was going to become Group 1 class (a mistake I often make). Clearly he’s capable of winning a handicap of some description.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

Yeah, much more like it today from him, not that he’s one I’ve followed before. I was really chuffed with the run, for all he wasn’t reaching the winner anytime soon.

He’ll continue to be to hard to place, but I think he should pop up soon.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

As mentioned, Desert Skyline did me proud today, and with most of the cash down after he was declared, was delighted to get the 33’s.

Migration was a strange success. Got my money back from him with a lay in running, but no idea how. He only threatened briefly, but I suppose I’ll take it. Well stuffed in the end, but he’s 100% a horse I’ll be following.

I swerved Orvar in the end, which was a relief. The plan was to bet him if any joy in earlier races, but after Desert Skyline and Migration returns, I topped up on bloody Rum Runner. It didn’t end well.

I was also kicking myself for not backing Holmsewood, even though it would only have been a small each way return. He’s back on the radar now.

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 874

Good stuff Bobby. If you ever catch me backing Rum Runner then you’ve got full permission to shoot me.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

Eeh Bah Gum has paid his way for me with three each way returns this year. He’s just a very likeable type, and with six places up for grabs in The Heritage Handicap at Ascot, I’m fairly confident of a four timer.

I’ll no repeat myself for the days other big races, as I’ve already blathered on enough in the big races threads.

Heritage Handicap – Eeh Bah Gum 9’s EW
    Bunbury Cup – Burnt Sugar 25’s EW
    John Smiths Cup – Aasheq 25’s EW
    July Cup – Pretty Pollyanna 33’s EW

Absolutely cracking card at Limerick as well, but haven’t bet anything yet. A lot will depend on earlier results, and it may just be that a lot of them will be gearing up for Galway.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

lol Krypton…….don’t do it.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

Heritage Handicap
    Eeh Bah Gum, Line of Reason
    50p Reverse Exacta

-£33.90

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

John Smiths Cup
    Aasheq, Stylehunter
    £1 Reverse Exacta

1555 Limerick
    Black Label, Shake The Bucket
    50p Reverse Forecast

-£36.90

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5482

Thread for open now up Bob it is

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

Cheers Darren, put a bet up on Wednesday

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15794

Mixed bag on Saturday.

Eeh Bah Gum and Burnt Sugar were very poor, but at least no excuses.

Main bets were Aasheq and Pretty Pollyanna.

No joy with Aasheq, and I wasn’t convinced with the ride, but I’ll catch him again for sure.

Pretty Pollyanna continues the trend of horses slow away from the gate, and that made a huge difference. I think she’d have made the 3. I didn’t cover her to four places, but I did get money back in running, which I was happy with.

Last but not least though, and what can I say about old Aranhill Chief. I did say I’d keep betting him, and I’m glad I did. 66’s each way, and a huge price in the Exchange, which gave me a very decent profit in running, it really did look like he was going to do it. He must go to Galway now. I also bet Draycott Place in this race, and he’ll pop up before the winter surely.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.