The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 6

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 6

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 343 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17031

Wednesday is my day out drinking Moe, or otherwise I think I’d be out in the hall myself.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7813

Not sure what the long term plan is but Yorkhill is moving to Sandy Thompsons, having been sold by the Wylies.

• Total Posts 17031

Very interesting move Moe, I hope they can have some fun with him.

• Total Posts 17031

Some really decent racing on show tomorrow, but first things first, I really like Jaime Somers EW in the next at Dundalk.

I think she ran fairly well last time, and though the market isn’t positive about her chances, I think she’s worth the risk.

Jaime Somers 28’s EW 4 Places

• Total Posts 17031

Very poor there at Dundalk, but I’ll catch her again.

As I said, great Saturday Cards tomorrow.

Kelso
    Unbelievable that my old pal Seeyouatmidnight returns, and I can’t wait to see him. Legend of a horse for me, but in reality it’ll be a sentimental bet only, but at 20’s, no reason why he can’t finish second.

The Premier Novice Hurdle might be too big an ask for his stablemate Elf De Re, but at 14’s, he must have a chance of making the frame.

I haven’t bet him, and no plans to do so, but Sutton Manor is an interesting runner for Lucinda Russell. He was a really promising sort for Gigginstown, and I’m looking forward to seeing how he gets on in The Timeform Hurdle.

Doncaster
    I’m a huge fan of Shades Of Midnight, and even after a prolonged layoff, he looks a big price. Point of Principle is a big danger, and he may be covered, while it’s good to see the promising Geordie B back out.

Quite keen on Aimee De Sivola in the 1500, and wouldn’t have the fav as far ahead in the market.

Jerrysback is interesting, as is Chidswell in The Grimthorpe. Smaller bet on Chidswell for interest, but haven’t made my mind up on Jerrysback. He’s a big price, but I just wonder if he’s bring targetted for something in The Spring. Had The Topham in mind for him, or maybe something at Punchestown.

Lingfield
    Tralee Hills has been good to me, and he ticked a fair few boxes at 12’s in the 1620.

• Total Posts 17031

1350 Doncaster
    Shades of Midnight, Point Of Principle, Geordie B

Not put on due to Non Runner

-£130.39

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7813

Damn; Emma had a winner today that I missed [thought she had no more rides till next week] albeit a short priced favourite. Still annoying, though…

• Total Posts 17031

I caught them Moe, but was too short on its own, so added a few into perms, but only had one winner to go with them, so no return for me either.

• Total Posts 17031

Very happy with how things went yesterday.

Tralee Hills was the highlight, but really chuffed with Elf De Re as well, and he was a decent EW.

Aimee De Sivola was win only, while Shades Of Midnight was very poor.

• Total Posts 17031

No more Cheltenham Antepost for me now.

Really happy with different approach I took this winter. That night in December I got rid of most of my Anteposts has worked out well**, and dodged a few bullets

Not doing a “book” in The Gold Cup was a wise move, I’d have taken a beating, but best decision was laying off Champagne Classic in December. That made a huge difference.

Annamix in The Arkle was another proper result.

**One tradition I did stick to, was to make a mess of The Ryanair. Thankfully A Plus Tard was a small bet, but it still doesn’t read well, cashing him out at 25’s for an early (small profit). Thankfully he’s still in a good few perms at 20’s and 25’s, but a lot of luck needed for that to come in.

Champion Hurdle (Green)
    Ballyandy 33’s EW
    Fusil Raffles 50’s EW (Laid 13’s)
    Gumball 710’s
    Honeysuckle 50’s (Laid 11’s+)
    Le Patriote 500’s

Mares Hurdle
    Great White Shark 1000’s

Northern Trust Chase
    Galvin 20’s
    Galvin 12’s NRNB

National Hunt Chase (Green)
    Forza Milan 16’s NRNB

RSA
    Dallas Des Pictons 300’s

Coral Cup
    Palmers Hill 33’s EW NRNB

Champion Chase (Green)
    Chacun Pour Sois 50’s EW (laid 4.8’s+)
    Dynamite Dollars 50’s EW

Cross Country
    Neverushacon 16’s NRNB

Boodles
    Recent Revelations 25’s NRNB

Marsh Chase
    Dallas Des Pictons 410’s

Pertemps
    The Stoyteller 12’s

Ryanair
    Cadmium 130’s
    Politologue 240’s

Stayers
    Champ 25’s
    Tobefair 66’s EW NRNB
    Tobefair 200’s

Kim Muir
    No Comment 16’s NRNB
    No Comment 25’s
    What A Moment 33’s EW NRNB

Gold Cup
    Delta Work 25’s
    Jett 1000’s

Grand Annual
    Brelan D’As 25’s

Martin Pipe
    McFabulous 20’s NRNB

Laid/Cashed out for profit
    A Plus Tard
    Annamix
    Andy Dufresne
    Bigbadandbeautiful
    Champagne Classic

Laid/Cashed Out
    Edwulf
    Tedham

Losers
    Annamix
    Dallas Des Pictons
    Early Doors
    Midnight Run
    Ordinary World
    Galvin
    Mohaayed

NRNB Void
    Palmers Hill
    Early Doors
    Put The Kettle On
    Christmas In April
    Edwulf

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7813

That’s reminded me to back Jett who is like some sort of invisible horse that always runs better than people expect him to….

• Total Posts 17031

Don’t know if he’ll go Moe, but I’ve a real soft spot for him.

He surely can’t figure here, but we should get a run for our money if he goes.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7813

Interesting that your Midnight horses didn’t PU at the weekend. At least it means that they felt it was race fitness and obviously wanted him to complete. And a 15 [16?] year old won yesterday…

• Total Posts 17031

Yeah, 15yo Moe, stablemate of Midnight Mustang, both ran crackers.

Hopefully more to come from Shades Of Midnight, but a definite worry was the support for Seeyouatmidnight, which wasn’t backed up.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7813

Well Emma let me down today, albeit finishing 3rd so I broke even at 5’s. Mind you, it was a hurdle and she’s better in chases. A win would have covered my Cheltenham bets, though [all £2.50 of them!].
    Interesting to hear Tony Mullins wax lyrical about Rachel Blackmore on the Cheltenham preview last night.He reckons she’ll be champion jockey. Bet the Mullins clan would give their eye teeth to have her riding for them. I used to follow her when she rode for Shark. Hope I don’t miss out when Emma wins a big one somewhere. Remember years ago a northern friend telling us how good Lucy Alexander was but she seems happy to stick with her dad’s horses, and seems relatively unheard of darn south. I went through my ante posts last night and don’t seem to have too many NR’s; the most notable one, however, being Native River for the GC at 16’s, but I’ve got Santini at 9’s [albeit not being all that keen on him; supposedly they’re going to put cheekpieces on him] and BDM at 33’s. They said on the preview last night that Apples Jade might run in the stayers in blinkers so I had an ew at 25/1.A Plus Tard seems to be everyones banker; Tony Mullins said he saw him work the other day and he was very impressed with his work and the horse himself who exuded class. Having missed the festival I was planning to go to the Midlands National for the first time in years, but I am freaking out a bit about the virus and therefore plan to go into hibernation mode and just listen to W Hill racing radio! Stay safe!! [ps Tony Mullins was really really funny; I bet that family have some great parties! ]

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 343 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.