The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,271 total)
  • Author
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

I treckon you’re right Nathan, I’ve left a marker on her in the new package I
    have on the Racing Post so hopefully I won’t miss her :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

1.30 Doncaster
    Aliento 10/1 Bet365. I’m a big fan of Michael Dods in races like this.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

Last throw of the dice today. Princes Power 12/1 Bet365 2.00 Doncaster. I’m hoping that
    the poor run at Haydock earlier this month was a much needed run for this
    course winner. She’s dropped to a good mark and has the excellent DeSousa on
    her for the 1st time.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9793

Hope all is OK with Ice Lord in the 2.00 Doncaster. He jumped the start and was never travelling well into the race dropping back last..not a good day so far for Graham reading back unlucky not to have got third in the 1.00.
    Hope my other two fair better…well they can’t do worse.
    Jac :bye:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

Oh well, that’s me for the day, and probably until Saturday although I did clock
    and old favourite, Robot Boy in the 2.45 at Musselburgh, who on his day would have
    picked this lot up and carried them with him to win. 106 rated at his peak and
    runing off 69 today. He’s 11 now so nearly time for his pipe and slippers. He’s
    tempting me in at 20/1. it’s just a pity with withdraws that
    only 7 run. One last hurrah :unsure:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

I hadn’t noticed Ice Lord Jac as I was watching Princess Power, but I’ve run the
    race again and I think Doyle must have felt something not right about 2 out, he
    let him drift in from there. No luck for me today Jac, I hope you do better with
    your other 2. I’ll watch and cheer them on :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9793

Thanks for checking Graham yes he was definitely eased down let’s hope all is well. :rose:

Princess Elizabeth Stakes – Saturday
    Not sure that all declared will run but one filly stands out here for me and that is..
    FOORAAT .. 5/2
    So beautifully bred by Dubawi out of Super broodmare Nahrain who I was lucky enough to see and stroke when we visited Dalham Hall Stud last year, I have a picture of her and she was with her new foal by Dubawi this fillys full brother.
    Nahrain is one of Godolphin’s top broodmares and has already been mega successful with one famous son we all know on here another brother of Fooraat .. Benbatl. :heart:
    Andrea Atzeni is already booked to ride Fooraat and that shifts me away from Cloak Of Spirits who ran so well against Love in the 1000 Guineas.
    Fooraat is taking a big step up in class but the way she won her race at Chelmsford shows she is progressing very nicely and this is within her grasp, she even lost a shoe that day.

Ricetta and Love and Thunder both have chances (no jockeys yet) along with ..
    Summer Romance (Buick)
    Who had no chance of catching Love in the 1000 Guineas but was given a nice ride by James Doyle. My only concern with her having studied the race is that she hasn’t won over the distance and may again be tapped for toe at the finish but I do like her above the rest and she could well be a nice EW bet Nick although not sure how many will turn out to make it viable. :good:

Fooraat .. Win 5/2 :heart:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9793

No luck at Donny today and Peaceful out of the Oaks and off to France on Sunday..of course I’l back her but my nice AP along with lots of other peoples has gone down. Last AP bet for me now I will wait for the day and put more on.
    :good: Jac

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2022

Gutted for you Jac, let’s hope she does the business in France.
    I rarely play big AP, I play for pennies then go in again once declared. My eldest who works on the punting and boxing bets with me loves a proper go but it’s just not for me. An example is Ranch Hand Saturday, I realy fancy him took the 10s for pennies today and will back him again a shorter odds if he lines up.
    This reply has got longer than intended only came on to say thanks for your views on summer romance :heart:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9793

Not a great big AP bet like 100’s only Nick but think I’ll just play PP freebets in the future and no more AOB horses :good: Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

That was bad luck today Jac, both of us were off the mark. That’s a real
    sickener with Peaceful taken out Jac, Aiden did the dirty on you and his boy
    Donnacha did the same with Fancy Blue. That did my double and a good e/w for
    the Oaks. I’ve still got a lot riding on Vatican City, and I’ve done another
    double but with Frankly Darling, 9/1 and 9/4. I know you really like love, but
    I was hugely impressed with FD on her last 2 races. I think she is a bit special.
    Time will tell, but I’m so looking forward to this weekend. I hope we are luckier
    there than today :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9793

Thank you Graham I was pretty fed up finding that out and only just noticed your Fancy Blue also switched to run in France so sorry about your double Graham but Frankly Darling has a really good chance especially now and I would love nothing more than to see a daughter of Frankel win The Oaks. I’m sticking with Love now as also have her in my Tote 10 to Follow along with Peaceful so fingers crossed and I will back Peaceful again to win the French Oaks but on the day. :mail:

Good luck with your Vatican City I still haven’t decided on my Derby horse yet and didn’t like the fact that Tom Marquand was jocked off English King in favour of Ben Curtis but the horse itself I do really like.

I have just started to watch Money Heist the very first episode and already hooked..just got to the bit where they have broken into the Spanish Mint.
    Those Dhali masks are pretty scary😱..going back to watch the rest now and thank you for that recomendation Graham. :good: .best of luck for a day of exciting racing on Saturday :rose: Jac

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 982

What the hell is this?
    Atzeni changed from Fooraat to COS, so obviously his confidence in the former has already faded :-(

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9793

Fooraat price may tumble now or maybe they are not running her :wacko: Luckily no bets struck yet on the race AOB has put me of Ante Post betting for life :yes: ..
    Never take much notice of jockeys and their opinions anyway and be interesting to see who gets the ride now..
    Best of luck if you have a bet Hein and thanks for flagging that up.
    Jac :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 982

Milk beard David Egan is taking over, which for me is not a good sign :negative:
    To be honest I trusted you about this “standout” and followed you in Jac. Maybe you shouldn’t have advertised her so big, but nevertheless this isn’t your (damn) fault, as one should only trust and believe oneself, and also I should have learnt that you are getting so easily enthusiastic about visuals (you saw her wonderful mare etc, but maybe this is not the strongest criteria?!)
    But again, I had to decide myself and you of course wouldn’t be responsible if she loses :bye:

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.