The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 599 total)
  • Author
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Great punting throughout the day Jac, and Graham too :good:
    Have a happy new year and keep going in exactly that style :bye:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

Cheers Jac, I’m well pleased with my 3 winners at 100/30, 12/1 and 10/1, but I really thought
    I had it in the bag with Above Normal at 10/1 in the 3rd with only yards to go, only for him
    to be caught right on the line going down by a shd. It’s been a great week for me with Potters
    Corner doing the business at 40/1 in the Welsh National, so all in all I’ve got my Cheltenham
    stash safely put away :yes:

I’ve got to thank you Jac, if you hadn’t started this thread, I’d never have gone through them all
    last night/this morning for the good few hours I put in to post my views on all the races. I noticed
    your post in the Godolphin thread mentioning you were starting this thread when I was on well after
    midnight, and completely lost track of the time studying them and making notes. You might have noticed
    by the time I posted them up it wasn’t far off 4 o’clock this morning :wacko: Having done that I
    couldn’t not back them, so I backed the lot. So I’m owing you a bottle of bubbly, and hopefully one
    of these days I’ll get down to Newmarket to pay my dues. I’m looking forward to next Thursday already :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

Great stuff Jac, I’ve just clocked that Al Maysan did indeed win the last at Chelmsford at 5/2.
    Delighted for you :yahoo:

Many thanks Hein, and a very happy New Year to you too :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Yay :yahoo: Al Maysan certainly did it the hard way, totally green at the start but the way he finished he’s going to be one decent horse this season and finished off a perfect day.

One for the notebook along with Al Maysan is Ralph Beckett’s Summit Reach in the Khalid Abdullah colours.. 5 length winner at Chelmsford tonight and a real stunning looking horse.

Hello Hein :bye: :bye: Happy New Year to you and thanks for your kind comments. :rose: Hope you had a few winners today and keep us posted what your backing and any thoughts on Meydan runners.

Graham I’m so glad the Thread made you take a closer look at the runners you did incredibly well with those last two winners I couldn’t believe the size of Gladiator King he looked as though he could eat Ibn Malik for breakfast LOL
    We realy should have put all our horses together in forecasts I think we could be half way to the Cayman Islands by now…well you probably are. :whistle:

Dreadful that Final Song not available in the Godolphin Competition Nathan we could all have been off to a flying start. :unsure:

Finally thanks to finalfurlong and better luck for next thursdays meeting..
    I missed Final Songs race so will catch up tonight, saw all the others at Chelmsford.

Think I might be just about evens on the bets today will work that out later.

Looking forward to next Thursday already and hope we can do it all over again. :good:

Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Thank you Jac, I only stayed at the sideline today and watched the races..
    I remember how you once wrote you wouldn’t take too much care about the riders, but I particularly do, so here are one or two of my thoughts: For me Soumillion showed again impressively what a bad rider he is. He screwed all his rides, and even with Final Song he did everything not to win :wacko: , but the horse was superiour and won the race by itself! Ride of the day came from Patsy imo, he doesn’t get much credit, but how he made MP such a sharp bullet I found appreciable :good:
    I will follow the action next week and am thankful that the Carnival interrupts this long, gloomy period of jump racing :whistle:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Have to agree with your thoughts Hein especially CS’s ride of Dubai Legacy. Hoping he won’t be asked back to ride him next time out and I’m drawing a big black line under that run. :yes: :mail:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

£28 Staked
    Returns came from…
    Final Song 11/4 …£5.50
    Almaneera 8/1 …..£16.00
    Al Maysan 5/1 …..£10.00
    Returns .. £31.50

Small profit today of
    £3.50 to carry forward…

+£3.50

Note to self… :unsure:
    Cut down on the rev and combi forecasts £10.00 lost on them today.. :mail:

Changed points staked to £££’s staked

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

Great to see the results continuing from last carnival.
    Well done ladies and gents :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

nwalton, you will be the one to reveal “decs are up” probably on Monday :-)

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Look forward to nw’s decs declared message hein :good: and I will post up the link for us all.

Would like to hear a few thoughts from nw on the runners and if he’s entered a team in the Fantasy League. Also from yourself hein and Graham of course. :mail:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

Hi Jack

Have not entered a team not the greatest around a computer,only just found the message from Big G.
    Decs are up(Emirates racing) Benbatl v Dream Castle could be on the cards.
    Look forward to everyone’s thoughts and thanks Big G for the message,.
    Good luck everyone :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Thanks nw :good:
    Here is the link..notice Dream Castle has double entries so will wait for the final decs and put some thoughts up here on Wednesday…be lucky. :good: Jac (without a ‘k’ ;-) )

http://www.emiratesracing.com/node/4?id=2972

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

I’ll post this here and the Godolphin thread in case Tonge pops in here.
    Tonge you need to give me your stable name for the Godolphin Fantasy
    Competition. Those in TRF who submitted their stables prior to raceday
    last week did not have the oppertunity to select some horses. We have
    arranged with them that we will all be getting an extra life, but I
    have to pass them your stable name. Thanks :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Much harder raceday at Meydan this Thursday with 7 races to mull over.

High Class Benbatl looks to have the beating of Dream Castle in the 4.15 Group 2 Singspiel Stakes. He had a fantastic 4yo career and always runs well first time out. His last race of the season at Royal Ascot saw him finish 16/16 but he was said to be unsuited by the heavy ground.

Dream Castle won 3 on the trot at Meydan last year over 1m1f but then went downhill for the rest of the season. surprised they have pitched him against Benbatl in this Group 2 and he will have to improve a lot to beat him…but maybe he has. :whistle:

Haven’t decided whether to bet or not in this one with Benbatl currently around 8/15 with Paddy Power so will put up some hopefully better priced thoughts tomorrow afternoon..be lucky and look forward to hearing any thoughts on Thursdays card.
    Jac :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Yes, this is a very tricky and for me not lucrative card :-(
    Benbatl against DC is a typical SBS move :wacko: and imo not playable at all.
    The only one I find interesting is Summerghand in the second, but who knows if and how he will cope with the track :unsure: So I will only watch it again and wish everybody good luck!
    Jac if you find long standing winners again, don’t only put 2 quid on them :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 599 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.