The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 3,028 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Hi Hein :bye:
    Great to see you back and thank you for the good advice. I have to admit that I do put more than £2 on my horses when I back them so from now on will put up my honest bet which is around £5/£10 and see how we get on from there. :good: I like Summerghand too hein but feel he will struggle to beat Ekhtiyaar on current form and as you say the track may not suit. He has only just arrived so not much time to settle in.

I have had a really good look at them and am off the opinion that we are not going to see many big price winners tomorrow and a lot of Godolphin blue filling the winning positions.

3.05 Longines Hydroconquest H’cap Turf – 6f
    EKHTIYAAR (5) 9/4 – £10 win
    Ran 5th December 2019 at Meydan after 250 days break but 5th to Ibn Malik but felt this must have been a fitness run as it was on the dirt track (which he hates) and usual jockey Jim Crowley not booked so draw a line under that run. :yes:
    Tomorrow we will see a different Ekhtiyaar like the one who was 2nd to Blue Point last year in the Group 3 Nad Al Sheba Turf Sprint. :good:

3.40 2000 Guineas Trial (Dirt) – 1 mile
    FIRST VIEW (3) – 11/4 – £10 Win
    Stands out from the 3 Godolphin runners in this. Unbeaten in 2 starts over 1 mile he is being pitched in here and will need to step up. Doubts if Lost In Time will get the mile.

4.15 – Singspiel Stakes – Group 2 – 1m1f
    Benbatl 8/15 so will not be backing him even though I think he will win, however
    DREAM CASTLE (4) 3/1 is worth £5 win here because I’m thinking he must have been showing something good at home to be running against Benbatl and anyway he’s by Frankel :heart: . :good:

4.50 – Longines Classic Conquest H’cap Turf – 1 mile
    ZAKOUSKI (2) 5/6 (no bet in this race)
    Should take this. I saw him run in the Craven Stakes 5th to Skardu last April and hoping he, like Final Song, has blossomed under the care of Charlie Appleby this winter. Not a price that I want to take so sitting this one out. Would like to see the Gredley’s Lyndon B run a good race in this. :good:

5.25 – Al Maktoum Challenge – Group 2 (Dirt) – 1 mile
    NORTH AMERICA (8) best priced 7/4 – £10 WIN
    He has the outside draw to overcome but I think he has the class and turn of foot to do it :good:
    Muntazah next best is 9/4 but absolutely thrashed by NA last year and I just can’t see him reversing the form.
    Heavy Metal can always spring a surprise in these sort of races and is worth a £2 EW bet. at SP :good:
    £14.00 Staked

6.00 – Dubai Troiphy Conditions (Turf) – 6 furlongs
    Godolphin have a strong hand here and…
    PLATINUM STAR (12) 7/4 – £10 Win
    was well beaten by Good Vibes at Newmarket last October, but it could have been the end of a long season for him and I’m expecting a good run from him tomorrow over his best distance and an easier race.
    Silent Wave couldn’t live with Daahyeh in the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot Gp.3 last June but this is easier and she has the Doyler on board.

6.35 – Longines Classic Trophy (Turf) – 1 mile
    GOOD FORTUNE (11) 9/4 – £10 Win
    Bay Of Poets 20/1£5 Each Way
    Good Fortune has a bad draw in this and will need to be quickly away although he did win from draw 12 this time last year over 7 furlongs in a big field. William Buick on board with James Doyle on Key Victory who seemed to have lost his way last year.
    BAY OF POETS my 20/1 each way chance has just transferred stables from Charlie Appleby and represents good value having run some good races at Group level. :good:

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this Meydan blog.
    Off for a cuppa. Best of luck. Jac :bye:

Brought forward profit (smaller stakes) plus £3.50
    Stake this Thursday – £69.00

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2366

“6.00 – Dubai Troiphy Conditions (Turf) – 6 furlongs
    Godolphin have a strong hand here and…
    CHASING DREAMS (2) 7/4 – £10 Win
    was well beaten by Good Vibes at Newmarket last October, but it could have been the end of a long season for him and I’m expecting a good run from him tomorrow over his best distance and an easier race.
    Silent Wave couldn’t live with Daahyeh in the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot Gp.3 last June but this is easier and she has the Doyler on board.”

I take it you meant platinum star not chasing dreams? Your description would suggest that

Platinum star is the only one jumping out to me at the moment, he has the form in the book whereas chasing dreams has it all to prove

The return to 6f will suit just have to decide if the price looks right

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Oh B@gger thanks Final Furlong of course I did. :wacko:
    I had so many little notes scribbled about each race and then the computer started to freeze and jump around I think I put in Chasing Dreams over Platinum Stars notes as you spotted…thank you..I will change it now to avoid more confusion..good luck with your bets tomorrow. :good: Jac

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Hope I haven’t got Graham burning the midnight oil again. ;-) although I think he will have a plentiful supply after last weeks winners. :yes:
    See you in the morning Graham… :bye:
    Jac

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Chelmsford 7.00
    Charlie Appleby hoping to repeat last thursday’s last race win with one of his two unraced Dubawi 3yo’s…

Bright Melody currently 6/4 fav has already been gelded but is the choice of Adam Kirby. However for a bit of value I’m going to side with…

ROYAL CASTLE10/1 each way

I think we are going to see a good show with these two stablemates battling it out at the finish.

Have to throw in a reverse forecast
    (My only one of the day)

Royal Castle-
    £5 each way @ 10/1

Royal Castle
    Bright Melody
    £2 reverse forecast

£14 Staked
    Total Stake for day
    £83
    Fingers crossed :rose:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7728

I was up a while having a good look Jac, but nowhere as late as last week lol.
    I got them all noted and have stuck on my bets, but left my write up until
    morning. Here’s hoping for a week as good as last week :good:

3.05 Summerghand 11/2 William Hill

I see there is a dit of trepidation about him mentioned here, and there are some valid points
    mentioned, but I’ve been expecting this horse to land a big race most of last flat season.
    For one reason or another he’s not managed it, but at least he broke his bogey of managing
    to get beat when he maybe should have won last time at Wolverhampton. Whilst Ekhtiyaar looks
    a serious danger, at the odds I’ll stick with Summer.

3.40 Lost In Time 8/1 Bet365 + Dubai Avenue 16/1 e/w Skybet

Lost in Time seems, by the betting, to be the least fancied of the Godolphin 3 but there’s not
    much between the 3 of them and I think he will benefit for the step up to the mile for the 1st
    time. I also think that Dubai Avenue has every chance at very decent odds. He’s a c/d winner
    last time out and was unlucky to run into a bit of a hotpot the time before in Raakezz. I’m
    also getting to be a fan of Tadgh O’Shea who I think rides really well round here.

4.15 Benbatl

Not a betting race for me but this looks like a one two for Godolphin with Benbatl surely
    up to winning this.

4.50 Lyndon B 7/1 Bet365 + Mailshot 14/1 e/w Bet365

Lyndon B comes here a little unlucky not having a hatrick of wins on the trot. The middle
    race of those 3 he found trouble before finishing well. He has to cope with a rise of 7lb
    but the way he won his last at Sandown suggests to me there is more to come.
    Mailshot has to be a very decent E/W at the very least. He won well last time but one, and
    was flying at the finish last time when 3rd. I took him at 14s last night but I see he’s on
    offer at 16s this morning. That’s worth a bet.

5.25 Muntazah 3/1 Paddy Power + Team Talk 50/1 e/w Skybet

North America seems all the rage here but I like the fact that Muntazah definitely likes
    it here having won twice and set the track record into the bargain. He hasn’t run for a
    while, but then neither has the fav.
    Team Talk may not be the obvious choice, but at 50/1 in an 8 runner field I can’t not
    have a go. His 2nd behind Oasis Charm last January wasn’t a bad run at all. I can see
    him sneaking into a place here.

Chasing Dreams

I’m a bit miffed as I really fancied Raakezz at 20/1 with Paddy Power
    and had a decent bet, only to wake up and discover he’s a N/R :-( I’m going with
    Chasing Dreams although I haven’t bet him yet and shoud have taken the 2/1 last night.
    He’s 6/4 at present so I’ll keep an eye to see if anyone sticks their neck out with a
    better price.

6.35 Cliffs Of Capri *nap* 14/1 Skybet

He came here and ran 4 times last year around this time. he didn’t get his head in front
    but in his 1st 3 he was doing all his best work towards the finish. He just needs to time
    it better and he has got my man Tadhg O’Shea in the plate who knows how to win here. I
    really fancy him

That’s me done Jac, a repeat of last week would do nicely. Best of luck all :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6038

No bets today at Meydan was on old boy Caspain Prince gutted he lost but well done Trip with winner of that race

Hope you have a happy new year as well Trip

And i be in this thread more often but not today has races not look all that

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Best of luck with your choices today Graham..plenty for us to cheer on this afternoon and hoping for a few winners. :good:

@Darren

Happy new year to you also Darren and look forward to seeing you on here on a regular basis.

Bad luck with Caspian Prince last week he was unlucky as I think Almanaara really appreciated the drop back to 5f.

Meydan has only just kicked off so lots of chances to find some winners and hopefully some pointers to next season.. :good: Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7728

The only race I didn’t cover was the 1st. I’ve had a brief look and hoping to start things
    rolling I’ve gone for Af Alwajel at 5/1 with Bet365.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

He was 5th Graham.
    RP didn’t include that race as part of the Festival maybe it was an all Arab horses race they often have them at the beginning of a meeting and very difficult to predict so, no consolation, but 5th was a good shout. :good: Jac

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2366

Sky sports racing eventually show the race 12 minutes after it happened :wacko:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

I watched on Paddy Power FF and what a race he ran :yahoo:
    3.50 race… First View beaten out of sight dreadful run from all SBS runners..hein will be saying ‘told you so’ :yes:
    Still lots to come best of luck.. :good:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7728

Nice start with Ekhtiyaar Jac :good: Summerghand practically fell out the stalls,
    and being on the inside it was always going to be hard to get back into it. He
    ended up going round them from the back, but he had too much to do.

Very disappointing run by all 3 Godolphin horses in the 3.40, so I doubt there would
    be many getting the bonus points in the competition, but a cracking finish nonetheless.

hein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

Exactly Jac, the SBS runners in the third performed quite as dubious as I see this dude as a character, for me he’s really lucky not to have ended up in jail..
    With Ekhtiyaar you nailed it again as you had this little crystal ball :good: , and about Summerghand we anticipated together :bye: Not only the horse is a rookie at Meydan, Tudhope is too..

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7728

It was a no brainer that Benbatl would win, but that was a very nice
    performance. Definitely one to have in your stable :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 3,028 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.