The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

K2 Variant

Home Forums Archive Topics Systems K2 Variant

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Thanks fellas….. the RP Online has become a drag, the pages take an age to download and its still going nowhere, I’ll have to get on the evening before to study that avenue…… as for the K2 mods on Kers selections today, there is none. I’m in agreement 100% with those 4 selections so they will also be K2’s bets today, prices permitting……  :biggrin:

Oh well, most of those prices were crap and you’ll never make money betting that short unless you’ve got an 80% SR, and I dont know anybody THAT good, you’ve just gotta stay away from odds on…… we ended up with only ONE bet today and that was Fortunate Dave (LOST)……..

MrE<br>

(Edited by MrE at 10:06 pm on Dec. 10, 2002)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Yes, Happy Birthday MrE.

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

A bit late today but the bets are the same as Kers….<br>:smiley:<br>And another two winners from Kersly today gives us a run of….. <br>3/1.. L.. L.. L.. 5/2.. 4/5.. L.. L.. 11/8.. 1/1.. L.. L..7/4.. 1/1..  

<br>MrE

(Edited by MrE at 2:00 pm on Dec. 11, 2002)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Hi all, these early starts are catching me out but I made this one in time… :biggrin: ….  Kers selects two for today and I cant bet either of ’em, so its a NO BET for K2…….

MrE

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Hi…. Kers selects another two for today and they both look good to me, so I’ll be having a bet on both……<br>1.20 Don..     Dazzling Rio..             LOST<br>3.00 Don..     Il Cavaliere..              LOST

Oooops, stuffed again…. pass the Vaseline guys, my bum hurts……  :biggrin: <br>:smiley:

MrE

(Edited by MrE at 5:17 pm on Dec. 13, 2002)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Hi all….. Kers has got 4 selections today but I can only see my way clear to betting two of ’em. So, providing the prices are within our limit, the bets are…..<br>2.10 Don..     Bow Strada..           N/RUNNER.<br>2.55 Hay..     Vol Solitaire..              LOST.

Ah well, another loser…. not to painful though cos I declined from betting the others……<br>Be lucky….   :smiley:

MrE

(Edited by MrE at 3:10 pm on Dec. 14, 2002)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Hi… Only one of Kersly’s for me today…..<br>3.45 Wolv..     Perfect Echo..    Ooops….   LOST.<br>Gluck guys…

Oh dear, thats 4 losers on the trot now… no worries, there’s plenty of winners out there…… :smiley:

MrE

(Edited by MrE at 9:34 pm on Dec. 16, 2002)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Hi….. can only fancy 2 of Kersly’s again today…..<br>1.45 Muss..     Gralmano…                  1st  @  4/7<br>2.15 Muss..     Beat the Heat….       hahaha…. LOST

that last un oughta be renamed "Beat the Meat"… LOL.<br>I cant claim Gralmano cos it wasn’t bettable at those crap odds, so its another loser for us today, thats 5 on the trot now, were catching Daz up…..  :biggrin:

:smiley:

MrE

(Edited by MrE at 9:40 pm on Dec. 17, 2002)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Kers has come up with 2 for today and I would agree that they’re both worth a bet, so we will bet them both….<br>1.10 Newb..      Caracciola…              1st  @   3/1.<br>2.35 Bangor..    Spring Dawn…                 LOST.

Results to date read as….  3/1… L… L… L… 5/2… 4/5… L… L… 11/8… 1/1… L… L… 7/4… 1/1… L… L… L… L… L… 3/1… L…

<br>MrE

(Edited by MrE at 4:07 pm on Dec. 18, 2002)

kersly
    • Total Posts 949

That puts you 1.24 points in profit to level stakes  Mr E,I like to judge everything on level stakes as I think it gives a true reflection..Can it go on from here?I 🙂 think there is a basis for possible long term gains,there is a need to continue monitoring.:)

Good Luck

kersly

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Hi Kers, yes mate, I would agree that all selections should be judged to levels. I personally would never bet level stakes cos that aint the way to reap the rewards, there is not one professional that I know of, that bets to levels. But, as you say, it is the only way to judge a service or a system because the figures cannot be twisted or misconstrued. Lets face it, if we make a steady profit at levels, we can go to town with a staking plan, the staking plans are obviously there to enhance the profits, they cannot make a bad system good, so I’m with you all the way….. that 33/1 held you together nicely Kers, you’d have been in queer street without it. I’m trying to reduce the losers on your method by simple deduction and sensible form study, nothing elaborate, and I’ll post that up later. In doing so I lost the 33/1 but I’m happy enough cos the losing sequences are low, when you get 12 losers on the trot, thats a months profits gone and it’ll take a further month to regain those profits, we won’t always pull ourselves out of it with winning outsiders… (I’m still jealous…. :biggrin:  ), so I’m trying to stabilise a little and seeing if we can keep those losing runs down to about half a dozen. This is a very promising method Kers and you have done well, I dont think I’ll improve it in any way but its always worth a bit of time and effort to try, we could all benefit….   all the best Kers, keep it going….   :smiley:

MrE

Participant
    • Total Posts 6762

Queer Street MrE?

Please restrain yourself.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Hahaha Matron, perhaps for your benefit, I should have spelt that….  Kweers Treat…..  :biggrin:

MrE

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Oi, who’s pinched my post…. I posted the GG’s up earlier today and its been and gone…… mmmmm….. or am I going dippy. Can anyone here remember if I posted or was I pi**ed….. I must write 100 times, "I will not touch that amber nectar until at least pm"….. I’m certain I posted it, c’mon guys, who’s winding me up…..  :smiley:

MrE

Participant
    • Total Posts 6762

I don’t know MrE.

The only people that can delete a post is Daylight, Admin or myself.

One of mine has gone missing, so I think it may have been a technical problem with the Forum.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

OK, Fat Finger Matron…. I’ll update it all tonight….. todays are the same as Kers main bets, Mister Trix and No Need for Alarm……

Ooops, I dropped a boo boo. No Need for Alarm is NOT a bet, sorry, I was in too much of a hurry…. <br>:smiley:

MrE

(Edited by MrE at 3:24 pm on Dec. 20, 2002)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Hi guys, we had one loser today (Mister Trix) and a winner and a loser from yesterday. The run of resullts for December so far are………  3/1… L… L… L… 5/2… 4/5… L… L… 11/8… 1/1… L… L… 7/4… 1/1… L… L… L… L… L… 3/1… L… 4/5… L… L…<br>These results are not as good as I’d hoped them to be but I think that results have been pretty poor overall. I have used my own method of form study to try and reduce the possible losing runs and wasted bets. I think that on the whole it has been successful cos my losing runs are not of any great length and can be coped with. But the acid test of making it profitable using only level stakes is proving to be a bit of a disappointment because the "value" and/or a sufficiently acceptable Strike Rate is missing. Kers has come out OK because he found that 33/1 winner but I feel distinctly uncomfortable with long losing runs or an unacceptable Strike Rate. Yes, I know I’m impatient, but I cant see any sense in betting every day just to stand still, it takes too much time and not a little money, 9 winners and 15 losers aint too bad so the "value" is where its all at. I had a good friend who was one of the more  successful and knowledgable pro’s around, he hammered it home to me time and time again that I should NEVER bet below 2/1 and I’ve always followed that advise. I’m going to recheck the past months results and see just what has happened. We may reduce the amount of bets, but if we can make the worst months profitable, we might find the rainbow……

MrE

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.