The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

K2 Variant

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems K2 Variant

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    kersly
    • Total Posts 949

Hi Mr E,<br>I can see the confusion caused,It would clarify matters if selections noted originally ignored the Postdata selection and worked on the 6 positives available in the ratings<br>Topspeed"latest" "best" and "adjusted" the same with Postmark.The two to concentrate on are the"latest"and"adjusted" ratings,Quite simply if a horse is top rated in both "latest" and "adjusted"in both Topspeed and Postmark it is a selection.<br>For future reference perhaps note also if it had the highest"best"rating.Also record if it was the Postdata selection purely to see if in the long term it has any effect.<br>Many times one of the ratings is missing from TS or PM particularly "adjusted" TS I tried to work this into the selection procedure but it can become confusing.The idea was to try and spot the unexposed animals with superior ratings.For example a horse that has in TS no "latest" or"adjusted" rating only a"best" that is superior to any other type of rating,this coupled with being top rated in the 3 sections of PM could still mean it may have an advantage over its rivals.<br>Example<br>Topspeed .."latest"-"best"87 top-"adjusted-<br>Postmark…."latest"Top rated"best"top"adjusted"-top.

I think I better leave it there.Todays possible selection (Seixo Branco)is reasonably easy to spot it has everything in its favour(7 positives) and is I’m told very strongly fancied by Elite.

Good Luck-kersly:biggrin:   <br>

(Edited by kersly at 11:00 am on Jan. 17, 2003)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

OK, thanks for that Kers, I’ll keep a check on it all anyway. What I had my arse in a sling for was the complete difference in the two formats of the same paper, that really is beyond my understanding. There is no apparent agreement between the two, and yet they are supposed to be the same ratings. I selected 5 horses yesterday, you picked 4 and we only agreed on one, even worse than that, we ended up selecting two DIFFERENT GG’s in the SAME race, now there has to be something not quite right there. I think your system has potential, and I dont see the sense in undermining it by selecting different horses, thats just not on. I’m trying to help you iron out the wrinkles of your system if I can, I feel that using the Online Version, I am weakening yours and casting doubt on its validity cos if the RP cant bloody agree on the basis of the system, where do we go from here…… no Kers, I’m convinced that you’ve got it nearly right and I think, perhaps, that the RP is way behind in updating the Online Ratings, it either that or they’re using a different format from the paper copy….. stick to yours Kers, I’ll follow you in…..  hehehehe……<br>:smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:   :cool:

MrE

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hi again, we are no longer using the Online Version (see previous posts), so it now becomes just Kersly’s selections pushed through my own filters. Now lets see if I can be a clever dicky with this copy ‘n paste thingy….<br>I would have only bet 3 yesterday as suggested, Bhutan wasn’t an option, but Saint Romble WAS a bet because, although it finished at 6/4, the price of 2/1 was available…….<br>JANUARY….

<br>07                               LOST  <br>08                                 2/1 <br>10                                 3/1..     2/1.. <br>13                               LOST <br>14                                9/2..      LOST..  <br>16                              LOST..      LOST..     LOST..

<br>Level Stakes….        +   5.5            Staircase….    +   6

:smiley:

MrE

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hi, I’ll go along with Kers today, price permitting…….<br>1.55 Muss..     Seixo Branco..                      LOST

this never got within spitting distance of the price required (touched 6/5 on the Exchanges, there was a 5/4 early doors), so it was a NO BET….

:biggrin:

MrE

(Edited by MrE at 8:15 pm on Jan. 17, 2003)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Oh dear, someones gonna get a black eye today, it’ll probably be me…. hehehe….. Kers has selected 5 GG’s today (greedy git) but after my own filters have been put in, I can only agree with 2 of ’em……..<br>4.05 Kemp..     Chauvanist..                           LOST<br>9.00 Wolv..      Carol’s Choice..                       LOST

Carols Choice was never a bet today, highest price on offer was 13/8, so its just the one loser for K2…..

its good racing today guys, get stuck in…..<br>:smiley:

MrE

(Edited by MrE at 10:15 pm on Jan. 18, 2003)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hello again….  Kersly’s "Pointers select Mai Tai today but it doesn’t fit my filters so its a NO BET for K2……<br>:biggrin:

MrE

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hi guys, Kersly’s system selects Master Trix today and it also slips nicely through the K2 filters, so I agree that the bet today is…..

4.05 Folk..     Master Trix..                         LOST

This is a NO BET for today because Master Trix was never available at 2/1 at any time……..

:smiley:

MrE<br>

(Edited by MrE at 7:30 pm on Jan. 24, 2003)

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5860

I bet you will be glad when Kersley is back MrE:o

It must be tiring having to get up before noon. :laugh:

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

:hump: off Matron……. I don’t mind the getting up early cos I can go back to bed but the RP has cost me £5.50 already and its £1.30 tomorrow…… :banghead:

:smiley: :smiley:

MrE

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5860

Never mind, you have got Sunday off.:smile:

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hi, Kers "Pointers" selects 3 nags today but none of them pass through the K2 filters, so its a NO BET day for us……. There’s some good racing out there, go steady and be lucky…..<br>:smiley:

MrE

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Phooey!!!…. I lucked out Saturday, bigtime. Kersly had 3 winners and I passed…… hehehe….. ah well, it only hurts a bit….  :biggrin: <br>The "Pointers" bet looks good today so I’ve gotta go along with it……<br>1.05 Wolv..      Hoh’s Back..                     LOST  :(

keep at ’em…<br>:smiley:

MrE

(Edited by MrE at 1:30 pm on Jan. 27, 2003)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hi all, I can only agree with one of Kers today, as long as we can find a bit of 2’s…..<br>4.10 Taun..       Kock De La Vesvre…             LOST

this didn’t get within sniffing distance of 2/1 so it was a NO BET for us……<br>:biggrin:

MrE

(Edited by MrE at 12:35 am on Jan. 29, 2003)

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hi all, I bet you all thought I’d done a bunk…. hehehe…. nah, K2 couldn’t agree with anything our Kers was putting up, so I passed…. There are some today though, and we only have ’em if we can get 2/1……<br>1.10 Kemp..     Fantastic Champion…<br>2.45 Wolv..      Zyzania…<br>4.15 Bang..      One Way…<br>4.35 Kemp..      Existential….

Good luck Kers, we could do with a couple of winners…<br>:smiley:

MrE

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5860

I though perhaps you had been out climbing K2. :laugh:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.