The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joel Stakes 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Joel Stakes 2020

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Just received a tweet from Richard Hoiles- no rain since 8.30 am.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

It’s coming after lunch though?

• Total Posts 14936

I’ll go with a couple of smaller bets here on Regal Reality and Zabeel Prince, though I find it hard to see them troubling the front two.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

I’d like Kameko to run. And win.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

Benbatl is in my eyes the best racehorse in the world. As such I do not see any outcome other than an easy win today.
    If he runs then he wins. Saeed won’t run him on unsuitable ground. Expect a show to be put on today and a procession.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

He can’t be the best racehorse in the world. He’s never won a group 1 in his life in the UK and Ireland and he’s already 6.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Fair enough, you must love him if you think that. Very very good horse on his day, but not a chance of being the “best racehorse in the world” in my eyes.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

Since when did winning a group 1 in uk or Ireland determine if you are the worlds best horse?

He can’t be called the best horse in the world as he doesn’t have the highest OR in the world hence why I stated ‘in my eyes he is the best in the world’.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

Ghaiyaath is I believe currently the worlds best horse according to Longines world rankings but I rate this animal above Ghaiyaath. Benbatl is as good on dirt as he is on turf and that’s what sets him apart for me. He is something very special. Saeed thought he was going to win the World Cup this year before it was cancelled due to the corona.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

Point 1. Because he tried. If you try to win one in those places and can’t then you aren’t the best horse in the world. However if you avoid these places altogether and largely beat everything everywhere else at the top table you can be considered it by some.

Point 2. I see.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

That’s utter rubbish as it was the ground that beat him when he ran in The Chanpions Stakes last October.

Just cause he isn’t effective on testing ground doesn’t mean he isn’t potentially the best in the world. He has already won 3 group 1s in 3 different continents and has won group races on both turf and dirt. Very few horses in history have a CV like this one.

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 328

Looks dry now for the rest of the day.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

Also please note that Kameko has ran in group 1 company in his last 3 races and was unplaced in all 3 of them. Do you seriously think he can trouble a champ like Benbatl? Not a chance.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

He’s not the best horse in the world imo. We will leave it at that. :bye:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

Strong headwind they are saying on course. There has been a gap of no rain on the course, however rain is forecast to come down this afternoon. Hopefully later rather than sooner in respect of this race.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

Benbatl’s been hammered/beaten in an ENG Grp1 on more than one occasion. He’s probably the best horse in Meydan I’ll give you that Robbo! World, no.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7177

The time of the first race at Newmarket was quite quick. Almost bang on the standard. That headwind must be helping.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.