The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joel Stakes 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Joel Stakes 2020

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

I had the race on without comms is it a tailwind or headwind?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7325

Sorry that was a typo, should’ve said tailwind.

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 328

Mike I can’t see any rain hitting from anywhere, that’s the beauty of the rain radar, you can see what is coming and what is not coming. If there was a front to the west moving eastwards I would agree with you, I have even looked at the pressure charts and the rain is stuck on the east coast, it should eventually move away into the north sea and low by Sunday will be over northern Germany. Benbatl has a OR of 125 and that is as good as any group one winner. There are not many horses rated above 125. He ran Maximum Security to just over 2 L third of him in the riches race in the world. Kameko rating is 120 and he has to give Benbatl a pound in weight.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7325

Mike it was just something someone said on the racing channel so I repeated it on here. I’m not getting into the Benbatl debate again lol, you know my opinion.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6595

With a tailwind and kameko carrying a penalty I’d side with benbatl myself

No bet but looking forward to watching

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

KAMEKO – 6lb to find with Benbatl on OR. Kameko was an excellent late 2yo early 3yo but this window was his time of excellence. Unplaced after the guineas win and unplaced in both runs against his elders after that. When push came to shove he wasn’t up to beating his elders and is therefor nothing special. Benbatl is at the peak of his powers and Kameko isnt. Can’t see any possibility that Kameko could beat Big Ben today. Oisin must be crying in secret that he has to ride Kameko and although he won’t be admitting it he wouldn’t hesitate to choose Benbatl today if he had the option available.

Regal Regality has 9lb to find with Ben.

Top Rank has a stone to find.

Urban Icon and Zabeel Prince both have 15lb to find.

Tilsit has 10lb to find.

It’s unbelievable that you can get 3/1 on the big boy as he clearly should be odds on for this race.

It’s just a blow out the cobwebs race for Ben, one shake from Frankie and that will be plenty he will be away and gone.

At the start of this season Ghaiyaath 126 and Benbatl 125 were separated only by 1lb. Ghaiyaath has of cause had his 3 wins already to boost him up to 130 and the worlds best horse. Big Ben can easily end up being rated 6lb higher by the end of this year and be officially recognised as the worlds best horse. He won’t be hitting 131 after today as he is fully entitled to brush this field away with ease but the best is still to come with this horse between now and next March.

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 328

This is a very handy site and most of it is free and I would recommend people who bet to use some of it’s features. The membership for the full site is only £20 a year. It’s forecast covers the whole globe so if you are betting overseas races you can get an idea what the weather is going to do.

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/radar?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=_&CREG=ukuk&CONT=ukuk&BIG=0&LOOP=1&LTYP=std&ROAD=0&CITY=&L=0&SLP=0&W=0&LF=0&SUM=0

Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

Would’ve run a very good race vs probably the best or one of the best milers this year in the Sussex- so couldn’t agree there. Distance has beaten him twice too.

Benbatl hasn’t run since Feb, so in the peak of his powers…..interesting.

PS, i fancy neither but can’t agree with much you say lol.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6595

Kameko could do with a win to get back on track

He is becoming another Saxon Warrior

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 328

Jack Benbetl won this last year after a year off so the break is not worrying. I like top rank and backed him when came third, the next time out I didn’t have a bet in the race and didn’t realise top rank was running and missed him. I was very tempted to put a small bet on him yesterday at 6/1 with betfair his price now is too short for me. If the rain had come down as forecast and going went soft I would of been on him today.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

The track was much faster last year in this than it will be today, if there’s a little bit of rain still in the next hour, it could still go GS. Not sure I’d have huge confidence in Benbatl on GS. If there’s no rain, then a reverse forecast on the two looks a good play.

FWIW Benbatl should win here. As you say Robbo he is clear on ratings and gets weight. That said, you can easy find excuses for Kameko after the Guineas. What rating would he be on if he’d been campaigned over a mile all season and didn’t get a bad ride in the Sussex?

I do still have a concern over Kameko with the ground. He could be a proper fast ground horse, if he doesn’t run well today, I would say that looks a definite and he’ll be put away for the season. If it was GF, I’d be very confident Kameko would beat Benbatl.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

Be careful with that though, just because he ran well off a break last year, doesn’t just naturally equate to him doing it again. Being off for so long should still be a concern

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 328

Frenchy I did my bets ante post with no cash out so what ever happens I am now in the hand of the gods.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 929

The ground is fine for Benbatl if it isn’t then Saeed wouldn’t be running his stable number 1 super star. He is coming to put a show on today. Ben handles flights all round Europe, Australia and The Middle East. A leisurely stroll from his Newmarket stable to the starting line is not going to phase the champ. What an honour to see potentially the worlds greatest racehorse brush aside today’s pretenders for a warm up.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

Like at Ascot last year you mean! :wacko:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1429

Well I’d say good luck but I can’t as I’m on Kameko! Come on the Turtle!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7325

I would say Kameko is about a 123 or 124 because of the bad luck in the Sussex. So he needs to find a little bit in this. Im hoping he can for TTF purposes ive not had a bet.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.