Arkle 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 Arkle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 637

Mullins has won 4 of the last 5 renewals

Melon; 2nd at the festival 3 times, likes the track. Has been hit and miss at times but always runs well at Cheltenham. Was a 165 rated Hurdler. Could be a JLT horse but he never really learned to settle. He will be 8 when this race rolls around and not many 8 year olds win the Arkle. The pace is nearly always electric in the Arkle and that will suit. Who will he be up against? Klassical Dream is staying over Hurdles, Felix Desjy perhaps? Maybe Quick Grabim? I reckon if Laurina goes Chasing she’ll go over further and Samcro will probably want a trip also. Thomas Darby, Angles Breath? The last time an 8 year old won it was 2010 (Sizing Europe). Will be interesting to see how he jumps. Could be a fairly weak renewal and 12/1 could look huge by Xmas.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2629

I’ll have a small bet on Thomas Darby prior to his debut; likes the Old Course and seems a touch overpriced

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

Agree Mark- if Klassical Dream is as good as thought, that was a very good run from Thomas Darby, and he’s a big price here on that. Only concern might be he could potentially go up in trip for the JLT.

In theory Melon holds a serious class edge, but he’s had a lot more chances over hurdles to prove it. He also finished last season badly. Last race over 3m1 was probably not his cup of tea. Other concern for me is yes, he’ll mop up a beginners as long as he jumps round, but i do think Melon needs a particular type of race- fast paced, and not all graded races run in Ireland (very few) are run with any pace. Not certain he’ll be unbeaten going into the Arkle myself.

This race has real potential to cut up.

I’d give Precious Cargo a shout here as well. He’s a big horse according to the trainer + everybit a chaser. Hugh Taylor was tipping him up at Aintree based on lower grade performances and whilst he didn’t produce, he’s clearly talented.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2629

Yeah, his pedigree implies further in time but a fast paced 2 as a novice might be ideal.

It’s the price, really, as there isn’t the usual ” horse to follow” from last season’s 2 mile hurdlers that I normally believe will develop into an Arkle horse.

I can’t see KD being sent over fences

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2556

Thomas Darby and Getaway Trump are the two I like for this

steeplechasingsteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5734

I’ve backed Getaway Trump at 16s in the hope he wins today (usually a curse to do this!)

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 57

Id have THOMAS DARBY at the current price, im not too interested in this one if im quite honest, unless as time goes on we get a couple of good ones

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 794

Getaway trump jumped well today and travelled all over al dancer but went out like a light in the manner of a horse that simply wasnt fit

Expecting him to take a huge step forward next time

Bet365 gone 33/1 which looks big

steeplechasingsteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5734

Aye, 33s a ridiculous reaction. I backed him again.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1149

Thomas Darby 16-1

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2629

I’ve done the same with GT. 33s was far too big

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

I’m all in on Laurina at 14/1

:bye:

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 792

Not quite all in but I’ve had to add Laurina too. 14/1 B365 is not only the best price (mostly 8’s elsewhere), but with cashout it’s a no brainer.

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 57

I quite like BREWIN’UPASTORM. His run the other day especially the way he finished was a good start and also hearing the trainers comments that he probably wasnt ready to race so soon. 20/1 looks nice to me with bet365

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1149

I don’t see Laurina as a 2 miler myself which is why I am on for the JLT.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.