The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 Arkle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2863

I think Cash Back is bonkers enough to go off at a savage pace, burn them all off and has enough of an engine to get home. As long as he doesn’t make a brutal mistake I think he has a good chance.

I have taken the 10-1 and also backed him for tomorrow at 13-2; I think Townend has made the wrong choice (I am a fan of both Melon and Bapaume and have had both of them in my TTF in the past and particularly like Bapaume’s neat jumping…but I think Cash Back is a more exciting two miler than either).

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

Brewinupastorm beating Cepage and Oldgrangewood at Aintree in November is looking a serious bit of form now.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1391

It was riders onthe storm who beat them at aintree

If anything wins the irish arkle with any authority tomorrow it wins this imo

And if something hoses up it’s one for the multis with benie, tiger roll and paisley park

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

:wacko:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1464

Notebook has some engine to do what he did prerace and still win after a proper gallop. Worthy Arkle favourite I think.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2863

Cracking race, two good horses there :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1391

Both melon and bapaume got badly out paced there in a truly run race

They will no doubt be going up in trip

Was very impressed with cashback battling so hard, when notebook jumped into the lead I thought he was going to win by much further

Anyone on notebook or cashback at decent prices for the arkle looks to have a cracking chance

I’m on notebook at 25/1 and will likely have a saver on cashback at some point

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1464

I’m feeling good about my Notebook bet now. Stick some ear plugs etc in at Cheltenham keep the lid on.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1464

25-1 was a good early spot well done. I only got 6s bit late to the party but much shorter now so all good. Fakir would be better off in the Marsh Chase Cash Back won’t give him any peace up front.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1391

Hopefully Rachel sits just off cashback and global citizen then picks up the pieces turning for home

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1221

Very hard race yesterday, be very wary of those two peaking again in 5 weeks time personally.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1464

5 and a half weeks plenty. If it was 3 id be more worried.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2863

Dunvegan hasn’t grown as much as I thought he might since last year, couldn’t lay a glove on Cash Back and had his final prep race washed away so may well not turn up, but I still like him and his neat jumping style. Took 80s EW in my flurry of b365 NRNB entertainment. All the fun of gambling but if and when your longshots don’t show up, you get your money back.

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4288

An open contest in which it’s difficult to count many out. My two against the field are:

ESPRIT DU LARGE who has form in testing conditions on stiff tracks.

ROUGE VIF – Liked this one last season, though wasn’t sure this time until he won my favourite pointer for this, the Kingmaker at Warwick, form which puts him right in the mix here.

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

Been backing Brewinupastorm like a loss is out of the question, which isn’t really like me, but this renewal is well within range I think!

Global Citizen will act as backup. He seems a bit overlooked for a horse with a bit of decent form behind him.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.