The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 701

He thought that last year and it didn’t go well. In fairness to Melon he settled better in his last race than he usually does. I always thought he was way too free for anything more than 2 miles. Always runs well at Cheltenham as well; something to keep in mind.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1737

Mullins said after his defeat last time that they think he needs further as well.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1651

JJM said that fakir had put in the best round of jumping by a novice so far

Well i don’t think that’s the case anymore, notebook already looks like a seasoned chaser

He easily beat some good yardsticks on saturday, moon over Germany is rated in the low 150s and he brushed him aside with ease

At 25/1 I have had a few pennies on, he seems the value

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

Id say the winner of this is defo coming from ireland!

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2522

Crazy how much better Notebook has looked over fences that hurdles, however, Moon Over Germany’s isn’t probably consistent enough. Once or twice he’s shown himself to be decent.
    Mount Pelier in third looked good on debut, but this trip has probably caught him out.

25/1 though is a decent price FF. Is he classy enough? It might be an average enough Arkle though.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 701

Agree with FinalFurlong91. Notebook was electric over fences and 25/1 is way too big. Have added Notebook to my Laurina 14/1.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1651

There doesn’t look to be anything close to a douvan or altior this year so far and the English novices look a very poor crop

At the prices he just looked worth a few pennies, probably wont be the best of these in the long run but might be come march

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 701

Watched the Laurina race back again; she was very impressive. Even if the trip was too short for Minella Indo, she still made it look very easy. Townend barely moved on her at all. The big question is will she come here or The JLT. Judging by the interview with Mullins after the race he said Townend thinks she needs 2 and a half. I have her at 14/1 for this and I reckon I’ll just cash it in now; can double my money with it; don’t fancy spending the next 3 months thinking about where she might go.

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 239

I would hold fire for the moment. I think she will come here. But alot will depend on how melon gets on when stepped up in trip.

I think he will spilt them up. If melon flops I think she could well go JLT. Which is shaping to be a very strong race with Samcro and black opt

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 701

Cash Back ran really well in his Beginners Chase at Navan; he also rates Tornado Flyer fairly high as well although his Beginners Chase win was a bit laboured.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2698

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I’d found it difficult to identify anything in the Supreme to enthuse about over fences and little had changed.
    Thomas Darby has been very disappointing

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

Too right, The form seems to get worse. Unlike the JLT. Im still very happy to keep FAKIR DOUDAIRES though, I feel he has a great deal of pace for this and ill be interested in his next run. Nothing from the English trainers yet for me. I did like the chase debut of BREWIN’UPASTORM. It was suggested he wasn’t that ready for a run, Yet still won and showed a good pace, 2nd and 3rd have gone on to run creditable runs since aswell. At this moment in time i would say id have a bit of each way on him.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

I think we saw the Arkle winner today in Fakir D’Oudairies. His jumping was superb and he has gears, for sure. He was taking two lengths out of the field at each fence with his jumping. Whether Samcro would have won, we will never know but it is highly likely Samcro will go for the JLT. I think Fakir will come here and I haven’t seen anything yet that would trouble him.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1651

He is as good if not better than footpad was as a jumper

The big question for him to answer is what effect not getting the 8lb allowance will have

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 239

Fakir D’Oudairies jumped lovely yesterday and looks a very good two miler. Although i thought Samcro was travelling better before he fell.

The current 8 pounds weight allowance is massive,and he wont get this at the festival which is a big negative.

I think giving 7 pounds to Laurina will be tough if she turn up here

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.