Arkle 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 Arkle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 670

Fakir getting 8 lb at the moment will have to give Laurina 7lb on the day. Lovely jumper and all but such a pity Samcro fell. Samcro was travelling strongly but the fences slowed Samcro down relative to Fakir, who was jumping like a rabbit so it would have been very interesting to see who would have won that race. Wouldn’t be put off Samcro for JLT either. Probably a bit short to be getting stuck in now and his jumping will need to improve.

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 87

I really think ANGELS BREATH has gone under the radar for this 12/1 is a good price, Ill say now i dont think LAURINA will go to the arkle id imagine the Jlt, FAKIR wont have the allowances either

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

Is Angels Breath a likely runner here?

I’d say Laurina is as likely to come here at the JLT. Mullin’s 2 milers seem thin on the ground quality wise.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 670

Very early in the season to be talking about Mullins runners. Mullins best Novice last season didn’t appear until March; he’s never in a rush to get his best horses out. I would say Mullins has a potentially fantastic novice Chase team this season across all distances; as of the end of November so far we have seen winning debuts from Laurina, Faugheen, Stormy Ireland (all be it over hurdles), Carefully Selected, Salsaretta, Cash Back, Tornado Flyer and Royal Rendezvous. Melon was a close 2nd conceding 8 lbs to a horse who has won a grade 1 since. There’ll be more out for beginners Chases between now and Xmas also.

As far as 2 milers go I think Cash Back looked very good. It’s too early to be thinking about festival targets but I’d like to see Laurina in the Xmas Grade 1 over 2 mile 1 at Leopardstown.

Tornado Flyer struggled to win his beginners Chase and the horse he beat by half a lenght, Choungaya, has since been stuffed by Salsaretta and Galvin so Tornado Flyer needs a lot of improvement if he’s going to be a Grade 1 horse.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Laurina doesn’t have the boot to keep up with Fakir over 2 mile IMO.
    Angels Breath for me has questions over his resolution. He didn’t knuckle down fully when off the bridle last year and Shantou has had a few types like that.

Outwith Fakir, Nube Negra has been very impressive to my eye. Should learn more on Saturday if he runs, but he’s still a big price for this.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

Vautour i’m on a slow half hour, who was the novice chaser than appeared in March that turned out to be the best?

Tornado did make a bad mistake there to be fair to him.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2635

Problem for me with Angels Breath is that Shantous don’t win these top 2 mile races and are usually better over further.
    I was saying similar in last seasons Supreme thread and I think he’d fare better in the JLT

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 88

Cannot see beyond Fakir at the moment. I know he loses the allowance but I am not sure that will stop him. His jumping is electric.

Pontisback
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

Chacun Pour Soi, Jack!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 906

Fakir could probably do with a shorter run in than the one at Cheltenham

Can see something getting past him

What it will be at this stage I have no idea

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 87

Such a shame because those last 2 fences would of told us more about chances and likely targets!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 906

8lb is a lot of weight, fakir will have to improve again to win not getting it

And the other novices will get better at jumping with experience negating his advantage

It doesnt look a good race at this stage though if no laurina, the british novices look especially average

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 670

Jack1092, Chacun Pour Soi.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

I actually forgot he even had a debut tbh. For some reason i thought he went straight to Punchestown lol.

Regarding it being too early, i don’t think it is tbh.

Footpad- November
    Min- November
    Douvan- November
    Vautour- November

I’d say Chacun is the outlier, and he tends to have them out by now. Last seasons weather changed things.

So far, imo, the 2mile options haven’t blown me away at all. Laurina has looked the best.

Obviously, we’ll see Tornado Flyer probably on Saturday and we’ll learn more over Xmas.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 670

Yeah, you need to see how they get on in graded company, I suppose. Mullins definite 2 milers novice chasers so far are Royal Rendezvous, Cashback and Tornado Flyer; the only out and out stayer is Carefully Selected and then the inbetweeners are Laurina, Salsaretta, Melon and Faugheen. Not a bad crop so far.. Stormey Ireland, Breaken, Coquin Mans, Allaho & Next Destination still to jump a fence also.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.