Arkle 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 Arkle 2020

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1982

I don’t see Laurina as a 2 miler myself which is why I am on for the JLT.

Probably would agree, but on softer ground i think she’ll be fine. I wouldn’t have thought of Footpad as a 2miler either!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 623

That is some excellent advice there re Bet 365. Having the cash out option is great if you are having an early season punt ante-post; takes a lot of the risk out of it. I’ve just done Laurina each way for the Arkle at 14/1. She should have the pace and if she’s as good a jumper as they say she is then 2 miles shouldn’t be a problem.
    The JLT trip shouldn’t be a problem for her either. It might depend on how Melon takes to the larger obstacles. Melon seems to run his best races when there is a strong pace set and he’d be guaranteed that in The Arkle. If Melon turns into a quality 2 Mile Chaser then Laurina may go to the JLT. She’s 12/1 for the JLT with Bet 365 so maybe doing her for both is the thing to do and then cash in when it becomes clearer.

Worth pointing out that Mullins has dominated the Arkle winning 4 of the last 5 renewals with Un De Sceaux, Douvan, Footpad & Duc Des Genievres; Altior the only other horse to win it in the last 5 years.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2629

A nice debut by Thomas Darby but I wouldnt be surprised to see him over 2 1/5 next time. Seems like needing a step up in trip already

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 477

I thought it was pretty horrendous to be honest. The winner is rated a stone lower and was carrying a 6 pound penalty so it’s a 20 pound sway. Yes she’s had a run this season but if you want Thomas Darby to win the Arkle he should be winning that with ease. Absolutely no chance of winning the Arkle. Should be 66/1. Jumping wasn’t fluent at any point either.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 623

Melon and Fakir D’Oudaries both declared for Navan on Sunday. Melon conceding 8 lbs as Fakir is a 4 year old.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2629

She’s obviously much better than 137.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 477

She would need to be 160 for me to consider Thomas Darby an Arkle contender. 6 pound penalty and a beat a length by her. That would put him around 153. She’s nowhere near 160 and not much higher than 137. Thomas Darby has zero chance of winning this race

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2315

Yeah, agree jas, hes 0 chance of winning this

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1144

I cashed out my Thomas Darby bet. Think he may need further.

Went in on Laurina at 9s in case she comes here and the Joseph O Brien horse at 25s in case he destroys Melon today who was on the downturn last season so has questions to ask.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 780

Nicholls seems to think getaway trump could be a very good novice chaser

Says he was in a month later than his other horses and wasnt ready on his debut but he had to get a run into him before the arkle trial this weekend

He expects a significant step forward

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

FAKIR DOUDAIRES looks to have the pace for this im gonna have some nibbled at his price

OLASOLAS
    Participant
    • Total Posts 66

I’ve taken the stand out 20/1 about Melon for this. Still think he’ll have a big say come March. Beaten yesterday but giving weight away to the younger horse. Faster pace in an Arkle will be right up his street. Banging EW bet

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Fakir D’Oudaries best round of jumping by a novice so far this season.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 623

Had an 8lb allowance as well which he wouldn’t have in the Arkle. Still a good performance from a 4 year old and another boost to last season’s Juvenile form.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.