Which short priced favs can be taken on/backed?

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Which short priced favs can be taken on/backed?

This topic contains 78 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Jaymo74 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4314

LAY MELON !!!

This horse has beat trees in his one hurdle race and for me no way can this win a big field top class novice at Cheltenham having only ran once!! It is a crazy price and the hustle and bustle of a race like this will find it out!!

I will probably also lay Vroom Vroom Mag because I thought it ran a shocker last time and IMO looked pretty vulnerable.

ALTIOR
    DOUVAN

will definitely win barring falls and the double is probably about 4/6 :good: :good:

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2951

I dont lay horses to lose unless i have backed them. But i cannot see BD winning the Champion or UDS winning the Ryanair :bye:

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2951

On the backing front. I don’t know how The Storyteller has got in the MP race off 141 at all and looks a fair bit better than that.

Then on the other hand Presenting Percy has been clobbered 10 lbs by the Irish handicapper and the UK one adds another 6 on top for good measure.Fair enough PP has been having some quiet runs this year and hacked up last time out ( won by 2 l ) but come on ?

The second point is just pocket talking from me as i’m quite positive he would of won the Pertemps without that hike. :good:

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

LAY MELON !!!

This horse has beat trees in his one hurdle race and for me no way can this win a big field top class novice at Cheltenham having only ran once!! It is a crazy price and the hustle and bustle of a race like this will find it out!!

I will probably also lay Vroom Vroom Mag because I thought it ran a shocker last time and IMO looked pretty vulnerable.

ALTIOR
    DOUVAN

will definitely win barring falls and the double is probably about 4/6 :good: :good:

with all due respect, I completely disagree :good:

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

He is right to say lay melon though, your basing said confidence on one race plus what willie mullins has said, not on form.

Melon might well bolt up (i have a bit of him at big prices) but on all “known” knowledge to everyone who isnt willie mullins this is a no brainer lay

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

He is right to say lay melon though, your basing said confidence on one race plus what willie mullins has said, not on form.

Melon might well bolt up (i have a bit of him at big prices) but on all “known” knowledge to everyone who isnt willie mullins this is a no brainer lay

I cant understand how you’ve bet a horse that you continually slate on this forum?? I presume you’ve laid back some of your ‘big prices’ to cover yourself??

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

how do you know he’s right? only the race can tell us.

anyway laying horses at 4-1 doesn’t interest me. would be liking backing one at 4-1 on.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

I cant understand how you’ve bet a horse that you continually slate on this forum?? I presume you’ve laid back some of your ‘big prices’ to cover yourself??

I think the only conclusion to come to is (like many on this forum I could mention) he’s telling porkies…

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

It makes no sense to me. Maybe im missing something – or maybe your right Judge

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Please quote where i slated melon? Saying he has no form and that hes an obvious lay is not slating a horse nor is it slating your opinion on backing the horse, at 16/1 hes worth backing at 4/1 hes worth laying

Facts stated on melon

He has next to 0 form + the worst form out of all the entries (form has been smashed from the maiden)
    He has been hyped by mullins on homework
    He looked good winning an ordinary maiden
    He is 0 value at 4/1

I dont know why people get touchy when a fact about something theyv backed is brought up, i backed chateau conti for this race in november, look how that turned out….

And no i havent laid anything off on melon, ill wait until ruby goes aboard and he goes off shorter and im assuming your talking about my comment on laying off limini (which i correctly at the time presicted would happen on here and was quick enough to lay it off when she came under 9/1) dont be so fragile on facts, melons chances are not hurt by my comments.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

it beggars belief that someone who is so down on the horse would actually have backed it

people are so desperate to look good they’ll even lie to strangers they’ll never meet to avoid losing face

crazy :scratch:

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

it beggars belief that someone is so down on the horse would actually have backed it

people are so desperate to look good they’ll even lie to strangers they’ll never meet to avoid losing face

crazy :scratch:

I have just stated that i backed chateau conti for the race and have already lost money on it, so ive already lost that bet on this race

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

Mullins has a very good record in the Supreme, I reckon this Melon will probably be backed on the day because of it, wouldn’t surprise me to see it going off Evens. Depending what else lines up I’d be tempted to Place Lay.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

So your laying it back then like i said?? If you backed Melon at 16’s,that was months before its debut so why are you worrying about its form?? Speaking for myself,i’m not getting touchy,just confused as to what your saying

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Mullins has a very good record in the Supreme, I reckon this Melon will probably be backed on the day because of it, wouldn’t surprise me to see it going off Evens. Depending what else lines up I’d be tempted to Place Lay.

Clearly some people dont understand how this works for some people its. Ot about the horse, its about finding the right price and laying off when it shortens up, who the horse is has 0 to do with it

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.