Which short priced favs can be taken on/backed?

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Which short priced favs can be taken on/backed?

This topic contains 78 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Jaymo74 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

So your laying it back then like i said?? If you backed Melon at 16’s,that was months before its debut so why are you worrying about its form?? Speaking for myself,i’m not getting touchy,just confused as to what your saying

What im saying is from a factual point of view, he is a lay at 4/1, give me evidence to prove that wrong

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

it beggars belief that someone is so down on the horse would actually have backed it

people are so desperate to look good they’ll even lie to strangers they’ll never meet to avoid losing face

crazy :scratch:

I have just stated that i backed chateau conti for the race and have already lost money on it, so ive already lost that bet on this race

fair enough. Still not really sure why you’re so down on Melon though. The Supreme is often won by a lightly raced horse and the connections record in the race is outstanding, Mullins has been particularly bullish about this one which is rare for him, anyway we’ll see on the day :good:

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

And of course ill be laying it back, if i can green out then it dosent matter who the horse is

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

Mullins has a very good record in the Supreme, I reckon this Melon will probably be backed on the day because of it, wouldn’t surprise me to see it going off Evens. Depending what else lines up I’d be tempted to Place Lay.

Clearly some people dont understand how this works for some people its. Ot about the horse, its about finding the right price and laying off when it shortens up, who the horse is has 0 to do with it

Rubbish, has everything to do with it.
    If Melon was trained by V Dartnell for example it would not be 4/1 now for what it has achieved thus far

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

it beggars belief that someone is so down on the horse would actually have backed it

people are so desperate to look good they’ll even lie to strangers they’ll never meet to avoid losing face

crazy :scratch:

I have just stated that i backed chateau conti for the race and have already lost money on it, so ive already lost that bet on this race

fair enough. Still not really sure why you’re so down on Melon though. The Supreme is often won by a lightly raced horse and the connections record in the race is outstanding, Mullins has been particularly bullish about this one which is rare for him, anyway we’ll see on the day :good:

I have not been down on melon, ive stated facts about melon, i backed alot of horses a few months back on speculation/form/owner/trainer/flat form etc etc in the hope that odds would indeed tumble, for example it worked for melon, it failed for chateau conti, thats how it works

Melon could be anything at this point, his form is considerable lower than vautour/douvans at this point they were graded winners.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Mullins has a very good record in the Supreme, I reckon this Melon will probably be backed on the day because of it, wouldn’t surprise me to see it going off Evens. Depending what else lines up I’d be tempted to Place Lay.

Clearly some people dont understand how this works for some people its. Ot about the horse, its about finding the right price and laying off when it shortens up, who the horse is has 0 to do with it

Rubbish, has everything to do with it.
    If Melon was trained by V Dartnell for example it would not be 4/1 now for what it has achieved thus far

Totally and utterly missed the point i made in that comment

Im not even going to explain it your that far off

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

If as you wrote I (some people) clearly dont understand then I would miss the point, wouldn’t I….. :wacko:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

Besides my post was my own thoughts on how I think about the price of Melon
    bugger all to do with what you have done, I haven’t even read your posts on Melon so what I’m not supposed to understand is irrelevant as I don’t care if you are backing and laying as an individual

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

I was talking in the context of melon, i have no issue with melon nor do i have any fondness towards melon, who melon is does not matter….i back him at higher odds because of speculation and comments the same way i would as if it were henderson talking about charli parcs, they win a maiden and shorten up, i may lay off at that point or if i think theres a chance theyll shorten more then ill wait it out (as in melons case) then ill lay them off

one way or another (aslong as disaster does not happen – which it often does) then they all will be laid off to some degree

I fail alot with this – example- chateau conti.

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

And Capitaine

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Besides my post was my own thoughts on how I think about the price of Melon
    bugger all to do with what you have done, I haven’t even read your posts on Melon so what I’m not supposed to understand is irrelevant as I don’t care if you are backing and laying as an individual

Wasnt meant to come across abrasive

I havent said much on melon for the most part :yahoo: maybe they own melon?

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

And Capitaine

Yep thats Another one

Like i said, it dosent always work

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

So the comments that id do anything to come across good are disasterously failing as of right now

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

Each to their own Ham my old mate. Me personally, i cant be negative on a selection if i’ve put my ‘hard earned’ on it but thats just me.

Good Luck

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Each to their own Ham my old mate. Me personally, i cant be negative on a selection if i’ve put my ‘hard earned’ on it but thats just me.

Good Luck

I said so myself im not knocking you for picking melon, nor am i knocking melon

He might be another faugheen, he might not, but from a laying perspective at 4/1 i can see the angle for that

I hope you win your bet, by the time the race goes off, it wont matter to me who wins. Ill already have won on that market (fail on the rest i might add)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.