The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2020

Home Forums Racing Competitions Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

Thanks again Neil, here is my weekly Monday update in week 2

Despite not building on last week’s terrific score, Neil still holds the top spot
    and must be looking to get some top points if Love can do the business in the
    Oaks. He wont be the only one looking for her to win, she has quite a following
    with Man Superstars, Momislookingdown, Unbeatables, At A Canter, Midnight and
    last but by no means least, our own Jac (Triptych) aka Darkangels, who has been
    singing her praises since she 1st set foot on a racecourse. She looks a bit special
    and will take all the beating.

Gift Horses moves up a place from 3rd to 2nd courtesy of Magical who won the pretty
    Polly Stakes and gathers a very nice 27.3 PTS. The Oaks could be the difference between
    top and runner up next week with Neil on Love and Gift horses on Peaceful. That should be
    a very decent fight. Very well done Gift horses :good:

Bourne Losers drops to 3rd, but with English King in their stable, that could be some huge
    bonus points if the favourite leads them all a merry dance in the Derby.

Middle Of March makes a nice move from 8th to 4th, again courtesy of Magical, but skips
    both the Derby and Oaks. Having said that, he has a nice reserve in Enable in the Eclipse.
    That’s a nice move up the leaderboard MOM, good luck with Enable :good:

Frankel and Man Superstars both drop 1 place to 4th and 5th, but MS is sitting with a
    quartet of Love, Kameko, Frankly Darling and Enable. That’s a hand I wouldn’t mind holding
    and that could make a sizeable move up the league if all goes well :whistle:

In the middle of the league Momslookingdown didn’t manage to add any points, but is another
    with a hot hand coutesy of Love, Kameko, English King and Enable. There could be quite a shake
    up in the league if some of these hotpots go in.

I’m hoping I can spoil the party for some as I have Vatican City in the Derby, and I’ve requested
    a papal blessing, but I’m still waiting on word :unsure:

Like me, Flattered To Deceive, who scored a nice one with Telecaster at Longchamp, is hoping to
    upset the applecart with Mogul, and freelist joins forces with him. Best of luck guys :good:

Another who seems to have joind the ranks of the Entende de Cordial, is Francis Family who
    adds a decent 22.7 points with Persian King at Saint-Cloud yesterday. May oui :good:

From the lower regions of the league, a very impressive move up from 16th to 12 by Barrow
    Raiders, with the ever popular Magical and a nicely spotted one with Michael Stoute’s
    Highest Ground at Haydock, a combination that netted an impressive 41.1 PTS. That’s a
    superb move Barrow, top marks and biggest mover of the week :yahoo:

FreeList was also in the Allo Allo gang at Longchamp, and has a nice one in Space Blues
    who netted 17.6 PTS and will no doubt pick up more. I’ve long been a fan too :good:

Dark Angels relies on Love and Peaceful to get that move going, whilst At A Canter is
    another with Love in the air, as is Midnight who also has the almost banker Enable.

This looks like a great weekend coming up and best of luck to all with runners in
    the big ones :good:

The league looks like this……

Neil’s Horses For Courses 1
    Gift horses
    Bourne Losers
    Middle Of March
    Frankel1234
    Man Superstars
    momslookingdown
    Off The Bridle
    Flattered To Deceive
    Francis family
    Unbearables
    Barrow Raiders
    Free List
    At A Canter
    Dark Angels
    Midnight

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2652

Very much appreciate the updates Big G. Hopefully enable can win next week to make up for the points I’ll be missing out in the Derby and Oaks. In fact, if she doesn’t win, I’d be pretty confident I’ll have the winner anyway with Ghaiyatth and Japan also in my team. I’m not too sure on the scoring but I presume I get points for 2nd and/or 3rd too so hopefully my lads can place behind the great mare.

If I could, I’d absolutely be having Frankly Darling in my team at this point fwiw. Think she will take a world of beating a Epsom on Saturday.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

That’s a nice trio to have on your side MOM, and yes you get paid win and place in all races.
    They are paid at the tote win/place odds at £1 E/W stake on the tote. I addition you get 25
    points for a Group 1 win, 20pts for a Group 2 win, 15 points for a Group 3 win and 12 points
    for a Listed win. Any other win gets an additional 10 points for a win. In addition to that,
    there are 25 points awarded for a win in Bonus races, and 12 points for 2nd. So if your 3 run
    in the Eclipse, and were to take the 1st 3 places home, your winner gets the tote win and place
    return, plus the 25 points for a Group 1 win, plus the 25 points for a Bonus race. Your second
    gets the tote place plus the additional 12 points for a Bonus race and the 3rd gets the tote place.
    Hope I’ve covered all eventualities there, and best of British mate :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9793

Thanks Graham that is a fantastic run down of how we are doing with the TTTF Leaderboard much appreciated.

Neil well done for having chosen a cracking stable and wish you well with Love and everyone else who has her as I’m hoping she will give me my second only winner having chosen a few disappointments such as Pinatubo and Siskin and non worse than Glass Slippers to beat Bataash (whata mistaka to makea :wacko: ) I do have Peaceful to run in the French Oaks and of course Ghaiyyath and Japan in the Eclipse but Enable is on my paid list along with Magic Wand and at present my only winner has been Stradivarius for both stables.

It’s so nice to have racing back and I found it particularly difficult to put a stable together that didn’t consist of two or even 3 horses taking each other on in the same races. Still long way to go yet and hoping there is a chance to swop out a couple later in the contest.

Thanks again Graham you are a great Team Manager.. :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

Much appreciated Jac, it takes a while working through the stables and it’s not
    helped by a site that at times you feel is sticking 2 fingers up at you :wacko:
    I think this Saturday is going to be epic with so many great horses running against
    each other, good luck with your fab 2 LOVE and Peaceful :good:

Too many permutations to work out who goes where in the league this week, but a big
    shake up looks on the cards. Best of luck everyone :good:

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1202

Thanks Big G. Forgot I had English King. Not sure I fancy him much for the Derby now!

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2652

Thanks for the explanation Graham. Very much appreciated.

Good luck to you as well. Be nice if someone on here could make a proper run at the overall table

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1426

The been some changes to this comp this week

1 Man Superstar 239.51 Scored this week is Love and Frankly Darling also Ghaiyyath and Enable. So well done picking them in your ten.

2 Middle Of March 220.03 Scored with Ghaiyyath and Enable also, but also had Art Power, Magical

3 Neil’s Horses For Courses 1 219.06

4 Midnight 202.05

5 Momslookingdown 178.45

6 At A Canter 177.40

7 Dark Angels 175.36

8 Frankel1234 158.46

9 Gift Horses 157.10

10 Unbearable 146.06

11 Bourne Losers 140.25

12 Off The Bridle 124.90

13 Francis Family 115.01

14 Flattered To Deceive 103.50

15 Barrow Raiders 89.57

16 Free List 71.45

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1729

Cheers RR77 for putting scores up.

Wheres BigG is he alrite, I thought he was the Commander In Chief,doing the updates.?

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

I’m fine Mike, I always do my weekly update of the league on Monday so as to
    get a full view of the previous week. I’m working my way through the stables
    at the moment and I’ll give a full rundown of how the league is doing shortly.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6949

Roundup for week 3

Well as expected there were few high flyers this week and a few pulling the duvet over
    their heads and dreaming about happier times. I’m definitely in the 2nd bracket :cry:

I thought Man Superstars looked like a hot stable last week, and that’s the way it
    turned out. A superb win by Love in the Oaks, aided by hitting the forecast with
    Ghaiyyath and Enable in the Eclipse, and a slightly disappointing Frankly Darling
    in 3rd in the Oaks rocketed MS from 6th place last week to King Of the castle and
    leading the league with 239.51 PTS. Superb stuff MS :yahoo:

Another riser, from 4th to 2nd is Middle of March who also had the f/c in the
    Eclypse with Ghaiyyath and Enable. Ghaiyyath looked an absolute monster and it’s
    hard to see anyone getting past him with that performance. Enable will come good
    I’ve no doubt about that despite the detractors who are saying she’s over the hill.
    MOM also has my idea of the winner of the July Cup, the very promising Art Power
    who coasted home at Naas. All in all that’s a very nice rise of 85.82 PTS and boosts
    MOM up from 4th last week to 2nd place. Nicely done MOM :good:

Neil’s Horses For Courses, despite having the superb Love in his stable and adding a
    healthy 52,9 points, has been ousted by a gruesome twosome and will need to settle
    for 3rd place after having the league trailing in his wake for the past couple of weeks.
    That could all change again next week with Neil having a few very likely lads in the
    shape of Battash running at the Curragh next Sunday and the impressive Golden Horde,
    winner of the Commonwealth Cup and favourite for the Darley July Cup. He also has
    that reliable old warrior, The Tin Man, running in the same race. Best of luck with
    them Neil :good:

Biggest mover up the league this week is Midnight, who was propping up the league, but
    courtesy of Ghaiyyath, Enable, Love and Billesdon Brook has soared to a very respectable
    4th place with 202.05 PTS. It just shows what 1 week can do and gives hope to all (that
    would be me then) that are still hovering at the tail end. Magnificent move Midnight, very
    well done :good:

Another notable impressive move this week comes from Dark Angels, who stayed loyal to
    her boys (and girls) in blue and was rewarded with the superb wins by Ghaiyyath and
    Love and a bold 3rd by Peaceful. Some huge points and nice move up from 15th to 7th.
    Well done Jac, I think there’s many more points to come from that trio. It puts you on
    a very decent 177.16 PTS :good:

The rest of us either stayed much as we were, but most of us dropped down
    a bit, some in freefall (no names no pack drill :whistle: ). Nonetheless there were some
    interesting horses emerging such as A’Ali for Frankel1234, who looked like a very decent
    horse winning the Coral Charge. English King didn’t do Bourne Losers any favours and Cross
    counter was one I was hoping would pay off but he could only manage 3rd. A similar fate
    for the disappointing Frankly Darling also left me languishing down the league.

The July meeting to look forward to this week, and hopefully we can scrape a few more
    points out of that. Some great scores and I so wish they had got round to the idea of
    a league of leagues, I would fancy our chances in that.

Best of luck this week all :good:

Here is the update as per the TTTF site ……..

Man Superstars
    Middle Of March
    Neil’s Horses For Courses 1
    Midnight
    At A Canter
    momslookingdown
    Dark Angels
    Gift horses
    Frankel1234
    Unbearables
    Bourne Losers
    Off The Bridle
    Francis family
    Flattered To Deceive
    Barrow Raiders
    Free List

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9793

Thank you for a very interesting and informative Week 3 roundup Graham and with the form you are in it won’t be too long before you are galloping up that table to challenge the leaders. :yes:

Well done all the high movers this week it really was a feast of good racing and glad that my girls and boys are on their way at last. :good:

Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.