The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2020

Home Forums Racing Competitions Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Steve75
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1195

In BigG – thanks!

Steve75
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1195

Joined the Plumpton one as well!

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

Good man Steve, are you sure there’s any more space in your trophy cabinet :unsure:

Steve75
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1195

Not sure BigG! I missed the first at Newmarket and it won at 11/1 on Thursday!

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 278

Reference Private League Plumpton Racecourse

I have just joined this Private League as List One.

Many Thanks for the invite Tonge :good:

coops72
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

private league entry confirmed – momslookingdown

what a complete nightmare that tote site is!

cheers

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

Couldn’t agree more with you Coops, it’s as unpunter friendly a site as I’ve come across.
    I expected after last year they would have rejigged the whole thing, but they’ve just rolled
    the same old keich back out again. However, there’s money in them thar hills so we’ll just
    put up with it and hope we skin a few quid off them. Good to have you with us coops :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

We’re now just a week away from the competition starting so get those stables in before
    it’s too late. I mentioned earlier that I’d wait and see how we were doing and that if there
    was enough interest I’d stick up a prize. So with the league having just hit double figures,
    (10), and I’d anticipate there should be a good few who put their stables in late, so I’m
    going to stick up £50 for the winner and if we more than double that number of stables,
    I’ll stick up something for the runner up too.

I’ve got 1 stable in, which is the only one that will be in the League for me as they only
    allow you 1 stable entry to any league. I’ll be doing another and taking up my free entry as
    well.

Good luck everyone, and just to reiterate a condition I mentioned in the 1st post above, anyone
    wishing to be considered for the League prize must be a registered member of the TRF
    Forum before the competition starts. Obviously everyone who has posted on here
    is a member, but we did have stables last year submitted by some who simply read the forum, and
    joined the TTF league as the entry code is there for all to see. I have no control over that,
    and no problem with it either, but I have no way of communicating with someone not registered.
    It would also help, and most have already, if you could state the name of your stable, unless
    it is the same as your TRF forum name. Again this helps me to identify who is who. My stable
    name is Off The Bridle

Very best of luck all :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Many thanks Graham that is extremely generous of you :good:

I have entered my free stable in the TRF League..Dark Angels and haven’t sorted out my paid entry yet. Really looking forward to it, but a little disappointed that it didn’t all kick off a week ago as we have missed the English and Irish Guineas.

Could you just clarify something for me Graham as I’m also having trouble getting my head around this site…
    If a free stable won the Ten to Follow is it treated in the same way as a paid stable as far as prize money is concerned or is their a separate prize and Leaderboard for free stables..this not related to our own TRF league but to the competition in general..
    Sorry if this sounds a bit dense.. blame it on lockdown :whistle:
    Jac
    :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

Hi Jac, yes there is a difference between a free stable and a paid stable with regard
    to prize money. The amount that the winner of the competition will get is not set for
    a paid stable, it depends what the pool is when it kicks off, but it is likely to be
    along the same lines as last year where it was around £170,000. If a free stable wins
    the competition, they will net £5,000 regardless of the size of the pool. The monthly
    prize winner of a paid stable is £10,000 whereas a free stable gets £1,000. It’s still
    a nice amount for anyone who just decides to have a free go in the competition, but the
    big money is picked up by the paid stables. I have a paid stable in already, that’s the
    one in the League, but I’m just getting them sorted out and will be sticking in 1 more
    paid stable and the free one too. Obviously for our wee League it makes no difference
    if your submitted stable is a free or a paid one.

It would be great if one of our members won it, it’s going to be tough, but the odds are
    better to win this than the lottery, so at £5 a pop I think that’s pretty fair. Best of
    luck getting your paid stables in Jac, and good luck to anyone who is having a go :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Thanks Graham for your perfect answer to my question my head can stop spinning now.
    Can’t wait for this to get started.
    Best of luck to all stables.
    Jac

Kez1111
    Participant
    • Total Posts 131

Entered, first time I’ve done one of these so its an interesting thing to keep an eye on during these times. A mixture of French and English with, as far as I can tell, an American in there! Good luck everyone.

Anyone know why Sharing (US Breeders Cup winner) is in there to choose but no other Americans?

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

Hi Kez, and welcome to the competition :good:

I think this might explain her inclusion ………..

https://www.racingpost.com/news/breeders-cup-ace-sharing-primed-for-royal-ascot-in-coronation-stakes-bid/435768

Good luck in the competition :good:

Kez1111
    Participant
    • Total Posts 131

I’ve now replaced her with Earthlight, sadly as point scoring is UK, French and Irish racing only. As much as I’m absolutely sure she’ll bolt up in most races she runs in this season, you’d imagine after Ascot she’ll be back across the pond for a domestic season.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

It took me an hour to set up my paid stable Graham :wacko: I couldn’t figure it out for ages so confusing.
    Just leaving it at the 2 Stables now…

Dark Angels (Free) – TRF League
    Invincible Spirits (Paid)– Plumpton League..thanks for that Tonge. :good:

Have them virtually sorted now .. hurray…off to bed now.zzzzzzzzzz
    Best of luck to all.
    Jac

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.