The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2020

Home Forums Racing Competitions Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

Thanks for the update Graham
    look forward to your blow by blow analysis of how our Stables are fairing every week and it really puts into perspective how difficult it is to choose 10 horses who will keep their form throughout the whole of the flat season. :wacko:

Sunday really saw a lot of Stable good things turned over by the weather, the draw and most surprisingly by their feed being contaminated leading to withdrawn horses..it was like a Dick Francis plot being played out in front of our eyes. :mail:

Looking forward to the final weeks and hoping for some great results on Champions Day.
    Jac
    :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7606

Thanks Jac, and yes it’s a hard task. You’ve no idea what the ground will be like,
    whether they will stay sound, or if they will be given a dodgy batch of feed :unsure:
    So many things can go wrong you’re lucky if you get near the end and you’ve got
    most of them still standing. Good luck in the final week :good:

Round 17 ***Final Week***

Well it seems to have come around too quickly, but this is it, the big finale :whistle:
    As expected last week was a pretty quiet one with Champions Day looming. So quiet
    in fact that one solitary soul carried the banner for the whole league. All hail
    the mighty Francis Family, who cake walked the highest riser and highest scorer
    with one of my all time favourites, Dakota Gold who hosed up in the Group 3 Coral
    Bengough Stakes. Is there anything better than a brave front running grey who tries
    his heart out every time, they didn’t get a look in and he coasted home :yahoo:
    So 18.70 points go to FF which gets them moved up a place to 7th and within 1 point
    of Free list who can feel that hot breath on his neck.

Pretty much looks like a match between Middle Of March and Man Superstars, and they
    have been fighting it out at the top for most of the competition. Both have 7 of the
    same horses in their stable, so they wont make any difference. If Man S is to haul
    back MOM, then he’s going to have to hope that Kameko, Palace Pier and Frankly Darling
    get more points than Fujaira Prince and Art Power (Logician not running). Best of luck
    guys :good:

It looks a fascinating Champions Day, a good mix of new kids on the block, like Starman
    in the Champion Sprint Stakes, who I’m hopeful will land the spoils as I’ve got a 14/1
    ante post on him, and the old war horses like Brando and The Tin Man trying to get the
    better of him.

Can Stradivarius really pull it off only 13 days after slogging his way round in conditions
    that would have made it look like a picnic going over the top at the Somme :wacko:
    He’s an amazing horse, but he’s got a much fresher Search For A Song and Fujaira Prince to
    contend with. If he manages to pull it off, surely it would be time to retire and use his
    tackle in a different sphere :whistle:

It’s been a pleasure keeping tabs on this one, and I’m pretty sure if they had the common
    sense to introduce a League Of Leagues competition that we would have been well to the fore.
    Best of luck everyone and let’s hope for a great days racing (and that we beat those pesky
    Talkinghorses who had the cheek to steal our crown last year :negative: ) on Saturday :good:

Here’s the league positions as per the TTTF site.

Middle Of March
    Man Superstars
    Dark Angels
    Neil’s Horses For Courses 1
    Midnight
    Free List
    Francis family
    Unbearables
    momslookingdown
    At A Canter
    Off The Bridle
    Bourne Losers
    Gift horses
    Barrow Raiders
    Flattered To Deceive
    Frankel1234

Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2719

One week to go and it’s been a blast Graham. Thanks again for all the updates.

I fully expect Mike to do me on the line with Palace Pier unless one of Art Power or Fujaira Prince run a big one. With Kameko out for Mike, it’ll probably come down to if Palace Pier wins at 1/2 or if something can spring a surprise in the QE2. Good luck to him and everyone else on Champions Day. Let’s all end on a high.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

Wd MOM :good:
    Think you’ve held on.

Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2719

I’m not 100% sure but I think so too Mike. I’ll do a longer post once the official table is in but whichever way it goes, it’s been a cracking battle. Same again next year I hope.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7606

And the winner of the 2020 TRF Tote Ten To Follow is …………………..

……………….. :yahoo: :yahoo: Middle Of March :yahoo: :yahoo:

Superb stuff MOM, it’s been a battle royale between yourself and Man Superstars at the top
    for most of the competition and it’s been impossible to guess who would come out on top. As
    it happened MOM had enough in the locker with a few added points for Fujaira Prince’s 3rd
    in the Long Distance Cup. Man Superstars couldn’t get the results he needed from Palace Pier
    and Frankly Darling. Palace Pier could only manage 3rd in the QEII Stakes and Frankly Darling
    was frankly disappointing.

Man Superstars you made this a great competition to follow with you titanic battle with
    Middle Of March. It didn’t go your way on the final day, but you deserve all the praise
    for the tussle you had with MOM, and very well done finishing runner up :good:

Dark Angels has been the one with the front 2 in her sights for a good bit of the competition,
    but Neil’s Horses For Courses had one up his sleeve with Addeybb and knocked Dark Angels of the
    3rd place podium. Great decision to include Addeybb Neil and well done for taking that 3rd podium
    place :good: :good: Francis Family was another to have Addeybb on their side and finished in a
    very respectable 4th. Very well played Francis :good:

Jac, (Dark Angels) you were ousted from your the podium on the final day, but you played a great
    game and rose through the ranks to hold that 3rd spot for so long. Well done and thanks for all
    the support through the competition, it was very much appreciated :rose:

So there we are, that’s it all done and dusted and I want to thank all for getting involved
    in the competition in the 1st place, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed keeping it updated and hope we
    can all have another go next year :good:

MOM, I’ll get a message to you and get your details so I can transfer your well deserved
    prize of £50 :good:

Here is the league as per the TTTF website for the last time.

Middle Of March
    Man Superstars
    Neil’s Horses For Courses 1
    Francis family
    Dark Angels
    Midnight
    Free List
    Unbearables
    momslookingdown
    At A Canter
    Gift horses
    Off The Bridle
    Bourne Losers
    Barrow Raiders
    Flattered To Deceive
    Frankel1234

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Well done MoM, and many thanks for your efforts Graham, much appreciated

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

Cheers BigG with the score updates. :good:

Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2719

Really has been a great competition. As a bigger fan of the jumps, I would’ve just been happy for a mid table finish so an absolutely delighted to get a win for the TRF record books. Thanks for organising it all Graham and the weekly updates. They’ve really added to the fun.

Mike was quite unlucky to get Palace Pier there on the day at such a short price in a bonus race only for the horse to not run to form. Has been a cracking battle though bud. Very much enjoyed it.

One thing I am very proud of is that I finished in the top 100 of the free entries league. 27th in fact. Out of 4,000, that’s not too bad. I believe I’ve won the Plumpton one but as I’m not on their database, I’m not sure what to about that. Would be nice taking three of my uni mates to a day at Plumpton racecourse for my first time at that specific track.

Well done to everyone and thanks all I suppose. See you all on VTCs jumps version.

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1553

Forgot about Addeybb and relying on Mishriff. Well done to Jac for her Dark Angel selections for an interesting fight, also well done to Middle of March and Man Superstar for winning our league. Sorry it couldn’t be the actual comp , maybe next time. :heart:

The biggest Thanks goes to Big Graham for keeping us up to date on the scoring. :good: :heart:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7606

Thanks very much for your comments guys :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10658

Well done MOM :yahoo: a worthy winner and also Mike for a stella battle in 2nd place. How frustrating on the last day with Palace Pier losing a shoe, Stradivarius losing the plot, Enable & Pinatubo retired and Japan although fancied by a lot at the start of this contest not earning himself 1 point. Magical lost her sparkle and Love was sitting this one out after a hard season for all concerned and surprises were coming in thick and fast.

It’s been a strange flat season and this competition has carried me along with Grahams brilliant updates every Monday he made everyone feel they had hope to climb higher each week. I was never in a good position to catch the leading two and it was a shrewd fight between them both especially when the subbing in came around. ;-)

Well done Neil and Francis Family with Addeybb yesterday and getting into 3rd and 4th position the ground came right for him exactly on time.

Once again big thank you to Graham (BigG) for keeping us all in order and for putting up the prize. Either Mom or Mike would have been worthy winners but Mom 27th out of all thoses thousands of entries that is some achievement. :good:

With so many good horses now retired who will be the the Ten to Follow in next years contest?..look forward to doing it all again. :bye:

Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3226

WD MoM, Mike and Neil with the podium places and thanks for the comp bigG.

Really hope Logician comes back firing next year.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7606

Thanks Jac and Green, I hope by the time it comes round for this one again
    that we are back to normal, or perhaps the “new normal” which has been mentioned
    that sounds more likely.

Everyone keep safe until then :good:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

Cheers for the kind words. 34th on the overall leaderboard so not bad. Just didnt get the luck with Palace Pier losing a shoe on the last day to overhaul MOM. Roll on the jumps season. :bye:

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.