The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2020

Home Forums Racing Competitions Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2020

Viewing 14 posts - 106 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1256

Thanks BigG. really useful, particularly as I’ve been locked out of my account for some reason (probably the feedback I gave them in that survey!)

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

Thanks for a great roundup of the TRF League scores Graham :good: it really is interesting to see how everyone is getting on and noticed that your stable Off The Bridle has also crept up 3 places this week courtesy of your swap Love :good: hope she gives you many more points before the season is out.

Really pleased with the big 3 coming home this week for my Dark Angels stable and Palace Pier last Sunday week but…
    unless Peaceful, Glass Slippers, Siskin and Japan can gain some big points I’ll be vulnerable in that 3rd position as Mom and Mick have quite a commanding and well deserved lead.

Tonge..hope you get back in and come back and join us soon..Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

I’ll be getting my jotters at this rate, I’ll need to set an alarm for next Monday :wacko:

A relatively quiet week where the majority of the league stayed where they were last week.
    A few shrewdies nevertheless managed to gain a valuable few points. Neil’s Horses for Courses
    picked up a couple of runners up points with Fox Chairman who was beaten by the inimitable Hollie
    Doyle who had some week. Neil also had Summerghand who was a tad unlucky to be gunned down late
    on at Newmarket on saturday, going down by a neck. Close but no cigar Neil with the 2, but those
    few points might just come in handy later down the road :good:

Francis Family had one of my favourite horses, and shame on me for not sticking him in my stable,
    in Dakota Gold. He hadn’t had the season I expected but he put that all behind him when he won the
    Beverly Bullet, which for some reason was run on a Thursday rather than the usual Saturday and I
    completely missed it. I was raging :wacko: Well done Francis, a very handy 20.40 points which
    means that you are the only mover in the league this week, from 13th to 11th. Great stuff :yahoo:

Flattered To Deceive may not have moved from 14th place, but with the highest score of the week,
    24.40 points, it gives a good deal of momentum to catch up and nearly did rising to just 0.80
    behind Gift Horses, who must be looking over his shoulder. Telecaster has turned out to be a decent
    addition to your stable, and his 24.40 points in a Group 2 at Deauville give him a tally of 41.90 to
    your stable. On a quiet week, that’s a great score, very well done :good:

The only other scorer this week, Barrow Raiders, had a nice winner at Navan on Saturday with Make A
    Challenge. He did well there Barrow considering he got very upset in the stalls and wasn’t very smartly
    away but he came through well and won a tad cosily in the end. Like Flattered above, it doesn’t move
    you out of your position in the league, but the 14.42 points will come in very handy later on. Heading
    in the right direction Barrow, well done :good:

Some big points to be had this week with the likes of Enable in the Septemner Stakes at Kempton, surely
    that has to be a penalty kick for Enable although Legician is a decent horse. Things will be a lot
    tighter in the Betfair sprint Cup with Dream Of Dreams, Hello Youmzain, Golden Horde and Art Power.
    I fancy Dream Of Dreams, I know Jac (Dark Angels) likes him too, but I did put Art Power into my
    stable during the transfer period. He maybe disappointed in the Nunthorpe behind Battaash but I
    expect to see a better effort this time. Benbatl was a fairly popular choice in the competition,
    but he’ll have his work cut out getting the better of Khaloosy and My Oberon in the Superior Mile
    Stakes if they all stand their ground in the final decs.

Well once again my apologies for being a bit late out the stalls this week, must have had my Hamlet
    moment B-) Anyone under 40 will have to google that ad to make any sense ;-)

Best of luck this week and here is the league as oer the TTTF site :good:

Middle Of March
    Man Superstars
    Dark Angels
    Neil’s Horses For Courses 1
    Midnight
    Unbearables
    momslookingdown
    At A Canter
    Bourne Losers
    Off The Bridle
    Francis family
    Free List
    Gift horses
    Flattered To Deceive
    Frankel1234
    Barrow Raiders

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

I should also have mentioned there is a belter of a race over at Longchamp on Sunday
    where Pinatubo, Palace Pier, Siskin and Victor Lodorum all lock horns in the Prix du
    Moulin. Pinatubo looked an absolute monster at 2, he’s perhaps not gone on to dominate
    as was expected at 3, but he’s still a lovely horse and I think he gets too much stick.
    I’d love to see him back in the kind of form he showed last year. I was going to say that
    Palace Pier has looked very impressive and would be a big threat, but he seems to have
    disappeared from the betting so I guess he’s out. If Siskin has decent ground he will
    fancy his chances but I take Pinatubo to land this one.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

Great summary of the weeks action Graham and well done to those who chose
    Dakota Gold, Make A Challenge and Telecaster. :good: Some really nice choices away from the usual suspects.

Guarantee there will be some big movers this weekend and best of luck to all players and with your recent transfer in Art Power Graham. :good: :heart: Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Thanks Jac, I’m a bit stuck between two stools here :unsure: I’ve backed Dream Of Dreams,
    I think he’ll win and I’ve got Art Power in my stable. Unless it’s a dead heat One of them
    is going to be a bit of a disappointment. Life’s never easy :scratch:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Week 12 Update

Despite some excellent racing over the past week, it barely caused a ripple in the league
    in as far as movement, but some very good points were up for grabs. Middle of March and
    Man Superstars are still joined at the hip and both stables benefitted from the magnificent
    Enable who had the simplest task at Kempton and it looks all stations go for the Arc now.
    Both stables gain 17.12 points for the win, and again both gain a further 1.6 ponts for
    the brave Pinatubo, who wasn’t really in the mood at Longchamp on Sunday but nonetheless
    kept on well for 2nd when the bird (Persian King) had flown.

Dark Angels in 3rd had Pinatubo (obviously) and Neil’s Horses For Courses in 4th had Golden
    Horde who stayed on for 3rd in the big sprint at haydock on Saturday and gains 2.60 points.

Others who benefitted from Enable’s bloodless win were Midnight, and Momislookingdown who
    both held their positions in 5th and 7th. Sandwiched between those 2 in 6th is Unbearables
    who was another who probably felt a little disappointed with Pinatubo filling the runners
    up place, but the 1.60 points could be crucial later on. Frankel1234 was another in the
    Pinatubo camp.

But what’s this, could there be movement?. I said barely a ripple in the league, but it
    was a pretty significant ripple for Francis Family, who waltzed off with a 4 timer courtesy
    of Enable, Pinatubo, the brave Dakota Gold who went down to the the very impressive Starman,
    and the icing on the cake was surely Persian King’s superb performance at Longchamp on Sunday.
    That racks up a very impressive 51.72 points :yahoo: . Top scorer and the only upward
    mover of the week, from 11th to 8th is impressive stuff. Take a bow Francis :good: :good:

A feast of good racing coming up at Donny this week, and could Dakota Gold add to Francis’s
    already increasing tally as soon as tomorrow in the Scarbrough Stakes. Thursday sees Logician
    in a 3 horse affair, and surely that’s points in the bag for our leader Middle Of March, and
    also Bourne Losers, Free List and Gift horses. The Lir Jet is one I’m really looking forward
    to seeing in the Flying Childers on Friday, although he would have no effect on the league.
    Saturday has the premier race at Doncaster in the St Leger. A few in here will be hoping that
    English King can get back on track, but he’ll have to be back to his best with the likes of
    Hukum, Pyledriver and Santiago all vying for the favourite’s spot.

Over at Leopardstown on Saturday, the Matron stakes could cause a bit of movement in here with
    Fancy Blue, Peaceful and So Wonderfull all declared at this point. The Champion Stakes looks
    even hotter with Ghaiyyath, Barney Roy, Japan, Anthony Van Dyke, Lord North, Sottsass, Magical
    and Vatican City all still engaged, what a race that would be if they all turned up. On Sunday
    at the Curragh A’Ali and Glass Slippers in the Flying Five Stakes have their fans in here, and
    both of those also have an entry in the Irish St Leger.

Good luck with whatever you have running, and if you don’t have any then just enjoy the racing.
    Here is the league as it stands in the TTTF site :good:

Middle Of March
    Man Superstars
    Dark Angels
    Midnight
    Unbearables
    momslookingdown
    Francis family
    At A Canter
    Off The Bridle
    Bourne Losers
    Free List
    Gift horses
    Flattered To Deceive
    Frankel1234
    Barrow Raiders

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

Lots to look forward too this weekend.

Well done to all the movers up the Leaderboard esp. Francis Family. :good:

Thanks for taking the time to do another great roundup of the ups and downs of our TRF League Graham and good luck to the flying two at the top who look impossible to catch..but we won’t stop trying ;-) Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Week 13 Report

What a belter of a week it’s been either side of the Irish Sea. One of the best weeks
    racing we’ve had, and some rip roaring scores to boot. The league at the top hasn’t
    cahnged too much, the 1st 6 places remain as they were with Middle Of March edging
    that little bit further from his close rivals with a whopping 83.02 points. He has to
    thank Magical for getting the better of Ghaiyyath in the Irish Champion Stakes and
    adding a very nice 55.8 points. MOM obviously wasn’t taking any chances as he had
    the 2nd too and picks up a further 13.02 points. That would have been a very nice
    score but Logician’s bloodless win at Doncaster on Thursday, Fujaira Price’s runner
    up in the Irish St Leger and Stradivarius’s gutsy 2nd to Anthony Van Dyck in the
    Prix Foy brought the total to 83.02 points. Excellent week for you MOM :good:

Man Superstars wasn’t that far behind in the scoring with 3 of the above, Ghaiyyath,
    Magical and Stradivarius for 70.02 Points. Another great week MS, keep it up :good:

It might be nip and tuck with the top 2 yet again this week, but they are not the
    higest scorers by a long chalk. That distinction goes to Barrow Raiders who absolutely
    hit it out the park with a staggering 121.07 points :yahoo: :yahoo: If ever there
    was a time to come up with a monster score, it’s when you’re propping up the league.
    That jump from 184.21 points to 305.91 gets BR 2 places up to 14th. Brilliant stuff
    BR, with Magical again, but nice to see a couple which weren’t on everyones list with
    Glass Slippers, winner of the Group 1 Derrinstown Stud Flying Five Stakes on Sunday. She
    looks like one who could rack up some huge points and will likely head for the Champion
    Sprint Stakes at Ascot next month. To cap it all, BR was the only stable to have the
    winner of the Irish St Leger, Search For A Song, which turned out to be an inspired
    choice. Top league scorer this week and a hugely needed move off the bottom. Superb
    stuff BR :good:

Dark Angels kept a firm hold of 3rd place and was the only other stable, along with Barrow,
    to benefit from the fine win of Glass Slippers, and I know you made a bit of a killing
    at the bookies there Jac, that’s the icing on the cake :yahoo: . A bit of seconditis
    with Ghaiyyath, Peaceful and Stradivarius but they all mount up and 48.32 points is a
    darned good score. Keep plugging away at those top 2 Jac :good:

There were a few upward movers this week, apart from Barrow Raiders, with Gift Horses
    scoring a very decent 69.40 points courtesy of Logician, Magical Peaceful and Stardivarius
    and up 2 places from 13th to 11th. At A Canter was another 2 place mover from 9th to 7th
    33.54 points with Ghaiyyath and Earthlight a fine winner at Longchamp on Sunday. Bourne
    Losers crept up a place into 10th spot with 3 of the usual suspects Ghaiyyath, Logician
    and Stradivarius. The final upwardly mobile stable was yours truly, who bucked the trend
    with Wichita who won the Prix Maurice de Gheest on Saturday and Vatican City who was 3rd
    at Leopardstown on Saturday. That sneaked me up to 8th place from 10th. Well done to all
    us movers :good:

A few other stables had Ghaiyyath and Stradivarius, but like myself one other stable,
    Flattered to Deceive, bucked the trend as the only stable to have Mogul who won the Grand
    Prix de Paris at Longchamp on Sunday, worth a very nice 37.70 points. Nicely done Flattered
    and there seems to be a possibility he could head for the Arc now :good:

I think most of the big guns have been out over the past week, but nonetheless some
    excellent racing on view over the weekend with a couple of Group races at Newbury,
    the Cesarewich trial at Newmarket, but most of all the Ayr Gold Cup. Still 127 entered
    in that one so it will become a bit clearer later today. I fancied Soldiers Minute for
    this and bet him ante post, but he ran no kind of race in the Portland last Saturday so
    I’ll just have to wait and see if he’d declared later in the week.

That’s all from me, enjoy the racing this week and stay safe :good:
    Here’s the league standings as per the TTTF site.

Middle Of March
    Man Superstars
    Dark Angels
    Midnight
    Unbearables
    At A Canter
    Off The Bridle
    momslookingdown
    Bourne Losers
    Gift horses
    Free List
    Francis family
    Barrow Raiders
    Flattered To Deceive
    Frankel1234

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10491

What a great weekend of racing Graham and so many dark horses now making their move now the top guns have fired.

It’s going to be a roller coaster ride to the finish and wish all the stables well including yourself :good: and thank you for another fantastic summing up of the weeks action..it must have taken quite some time to put together and it’s really appreciated. :good:

MoM and Mike are doing amazingly well in 1st and 2nd slot and Magical has added greatly to their high scores..They have both achieved positions in the Top 100 in the country with MoM being in 15th position an amazing achievement ..well done MoM. :yahoo:

I can see my Dark Angels struggling to get anywhere near the top two but I’m hoping for more improvement from Glass Slippers and also Peaceful with a fluke Arc win by Japan none of whom are in MoM and Mike’s stables :whistle:

Teleprompter looking a bit shaky now at the top of the paid Leaderboard and still lots of top class races to come.

I bet our TRF League would be at no.1 if there were a contest between the Leagues I think Tote have missed a trick there.

Good luck to anyone with a runner in The Ayr Gold Cup Bonus Race and with Soldiers Minute if he runs for you Graham. :good:
    Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Thanks Jac, that’s appreciated. I’ve brought the league of leagues thing up with them
    last year and this, the best I’ve had is that they will give it consideration for the
    future. I won’t be surprised if I’m still moaning about it next year :wacko:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Week 14 Update

Quiet week with only 2 stables managing to bag any points. Neil’s Horses For Courses
    and Francis Family both had Addeybb, who was a good winner of the Doonside cup at Ayr
    on saturday. The 15 points didn’t move Neil from 4th place, but Francis Family, who
    took the biggest fall last week, made up the same 5 places to retain their place at 8th
    in the league. It shows how close that mid section is in the league that 15 points can
    make such a move, only 20 points separates 7th and 12th place. The odd point here and
    there will make a difference.

Well done Neil with the points :good: and Francis Family gets to take a bow with joint
    top scorer, and also highest (and only) upward mover in the week. Great stuff guys :yahoo: :good:

Although some decent racing this week, not too many from the stable hopefuls. The
    Shadwell Joel Stakes at Newmarket has the most with Benbatl, Kameko and Vatican
    City all still enetered. Not that it will effect the league, but Sir Buster is also entered
    and I’m praying that he doesn’t show up here and takes his place in the Cambridgeshire
    on Saturday as I’ve got a bit of ante post on him and I think that extra furlong in the
    Cambridgeshire will be right up his street. Another couple who could bring some points
    are Wichita and Summerghand who are still entered in a Group 3 race at the Curragh on
    Saturday.

I think that’s all that will be running from the league stables. I’m particularly
    looking forward to seeing The Lear Jet if he does trap in the Middle Park Stakes
    on Saturday, I think we haven’t seen the best of him yet.

Jac (Dark Angels) I see that Sea Of Faith is entered in the Royal Muhaarar Stakes
    at Newmarket on Friday, although I think it might be a bit soon after her gutsy
    win at Saint-Cloud last Sunday, and in any case I don’t think the bookies could
    stand another hit from you in the same week B-)

That’s about all I’ve got to report this week, I got off lightly this week.

Good luck, stay safe and enjoy your racing :good:

Here are the league standings as per the TTTF site.

Middle Of March
    Man Superstars
    Dark Angels
    Midnight
    Unbearables
    At A Canter
    Francis family
    Off The Bridle
    momslookingdown
    Bourne Losers
    Gift horses
    Free List
    Barrow Raiders
    Flattered To Deceive
    Frankel1234

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

I wrote this down, then forgot to add it in :wacko:

Barrow Raiders will be hoping that Search For A Song, who won the St Leger in
    good fashion, and being the only stable to have her, will make an appearnace at
    the Curragh on Sunday in the Loughbrown Stakes. She would have have a great chance
    if she hasn’t left too much behind at Doncaster.

Very best of luck Barrow :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Week 15 Update

It could be said that this quiet week is the calm before the storm with a sensational
    weekend of top class racing coming up. More on that later, but the week update 1st.
    It won’t take long as only 4 stables had any movement at all. Man Superstars, Francis
    Family and Momislookingdown had their faith finally rewarded in Kameko when he showed
    that he wasn’t just a 1 trick 2000 Guineas pony. He put in a terrific performance hitting
    the front 1f out in the Shadwell Joel Stakes and holding on well from Regal Reality and
    Benbatl. A very handy 24 points sees Momislookingdown move 2 up to 8th and Francis 1 place
    up to 7th whilst Mansuperstars closed the gap on Middle Of March but remains in 2nd place.
    Very well done you 3, it’s good to see he came through for you in the end :good:

The only other points gained were by Neil’s Horses for Courses stable, with Summerghand who
    was a running on 3rd at the Curragh on Saturday. That gains Neil 1.3 points, which as I’ve
    said many times on here, could come in handy at the business end. No change of place for
    Neil, but sitting nicely just outside the podium places in 4th. Well done :good:

A good number of stable horses out to make their mark either side of the Chanel this weekend.
    Dakota Gold holds a couple entries at Ascot whilst Peaceful (Sun Chariot Stakes and Prix de L’Opera)
    and Logician (Cumberland Lodge and Arc) have duel entries both here and in France. A three way
    battle is on in the Prix de La Foret with Earthlight, Siskin and Wichita still entered, I think
    Earthlight will head here, I’m not sure about the other 2. If Peaceful does head across the
    water she will have other stable favourites Fancy Blue and Magical to contend with.

One of the league’s favourites, Battash will have to be at his best if he is to get the better
    of the fast improving Glass Slippers in the Prix de L’Abbaye. With Art Power and Liberty Beach
    other stable hopefuls, they won’t have it all their own way.

The bigee, the Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe looks like like one of the most competitive in years.
    Enable, Love, Stradivarius, Sottass, Mogul, Logician and Japan hold the hopes of many in here,
    some who could be hoping to land the 1,2,3. That would be some ramp up the league if anyone
    managed to pull that one off.

Best of luck all, only another 3 weeks to go before the TTTF TRF King or Queen is crowned :good:

Here is the league as per the TTTF site.

Middle Of March
    Man Superstars
    Dark Angels
    Midnight
    Unbearables
    Francis family
    momslookingdown
    At A Canter
    Off The Bridle
    Bourne Losers
    Gift horses
    Free List
    Barrow Raiders
    Flattered To Deceive
    Frankel1234

Viewing 14 posts - 106 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.