Top Ten English Jockeys

Home Forums Horse Racing Top Ten English Jockeys

This topic contains 54 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  jilly 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1616

Quote: from Shadow Leader on 6:59 pm on May 22, 2007[br]Welsh is not English!!  <br>

Debatable from where I’m sitting. But that’s an issue way beyond the scope of horse racing. ;)

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 4104

Quote: from dave jay on 10:15 pm on May 22, 2007[br]Boy George … or do you just mean horse jockeys and not the other kind of jockey ?<br>

George O’Dowd is Irish as far as I know.

Malc Smith
    • Total Posts 67

Quote: from Friggo on 1:38 am on May 23, 2007[br]

Quote: from Shadow Leader on 6:59 pm on May 22, 2007[br]Welsh is not English!!  <br>

Debatable from where I’m sitting. But that’s an issue way beyond the scope of horse racing. ;)<br>

Certainly NOT debatable from where I am sitting (on the Llyn).

Ted
    • Total Posts 163

How about my all time favourite Jockey, the late Brian Taylor?

And George Duffield and Eddie Hide? :)

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 794

Quote: from Friggo on 2:38 am on May 23, 2007[br]

Debatable from where I’m sitting. But that’s an issue way beyond the scope of horse racing. ;)<br>

Not debatable in the slightest for me!!!!!!!!

Btw a know it all mate of mine has told me he thinks Munro is English, I’m still not so sure.

As for Barry Fenton….please!!!!!  Did it say "Top [bent] Jockeys" in the title???  Besides, is he even English?  I always thought he was Irish but I may be wrong…

rory
    rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2800

Why the hell do you think Munro is Australian? Have you fallen on your head again, dear? Fenton is naturally Irish. Richard Dunwoody is also half English.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 794

I dunno, I just had it in my head that he was!  I have already been ridiculed for that notion, mind….

…but I toldya Fenton was Irish!!!!

(leave off about the head, eh???  ‘s not my fault I’m a bit slow after bashing it a few times……:biggrin:

heffo
    • Total Posts 354

Kevin Darley is very underrated, excellent on a front runner.He wasn’t champion for nothing.<br>Ryan Moore, legend in the making.

gamble
    • Total Posts 2512

<br>  :old: git

Scobie Breasely was brill on a favourite<br> always there he was or thereabouts.<br> Sadly dead now.<br> He retired to the wide beaches of Australia<br> to get away from the horses<br> but british in the bone

jilly
    • Total Posts 730

Oh,English-i missed that bit. Well,er… Some say that Tom Scu has come on a bundle.I don’t believe ’em though.:)

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.