Top Ten English Jockeys

Home Forums Horse Racing Top Ten English Jockeys

This topic contains 54 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  jilly 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1548

Philip Robinson – good call ToneLoc.<br>has anyone mentioned Kevin Darley ?<br>Joe Mercer was still riding winners within the last 30 years so ought to be counted in too. Was  Stan Mellor ?<br>George Duffield ?<br>Jason Weaver ?<br>Where were Bob (B R) Davies and Alan Munro (is he a jock?) from?<br>

(Edited by insomniac at 2:43 pm on May 22, 2007)

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 409

Quote: from insomniac on 2:37 pm on May 22, 2007[br]<br>has anyone mentioned Kevin Darley ?<br>

No, for obvious reasons  :biggrin:

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 205

Just to say that if you have to include Peter Scudamore as one of the top ten English jockeys in the past 30 years, then you really are scraping the barrel.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 794

Precisely – anyone mentioning Adrian Nicholls or Richard Hills must be taking the p*ss.

Alan Munro is Australian I believe.

Also, what part of "Top English jockeys" do people not understand?????  That includes Carl Llewellyn for Christ’s sake – Welsh is not English!!  It’s not hard…..

(Edited by Shadow Leader at 8:00 pm on May 22, 2007)

Malc Smith
    • Total Posts 67

Well, if we’re going to be pedantic then as long as there are are ten or more English jockeys then there are at least "Top Ten English Jockeys" no matter who they are and no matter how good they are.

Top is a relative term and not an absolute term such as great.

Get yer bail money ready.

Rach
    • Total Posts 15

is seb sanders english? whats wrong with kevin darley? Dave Allan? Paul hanagan?<br>

(Edited by Rach at 10:21 pm on May 22, 2007)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3650

Boy George … or do you just mean horse jockeys and not the other kind of jockey ?

jilly
    • Total Posts 730

Barry Fenton,he knows the time of day and likes the craic.

Money on
    • Total Posts 196

Barry knows the time alright and you’ll notice he rides well enough when the horse is trying which isnt very often. Emma and Barry the Untouchables

Money on
    • Total Posts 196

This thread proves that the top notch jocks are mostly Irish and most of them have been riding in pony races since they were no age and there is also alot of family heritage and history links.

jilly
    • Total Posts 730

Sounds like Money On has been reading the Betfair forum :biggrin:

Emma and Barry are a good team :cool:

Money on
    • Total Posts 196

I can form my own opinion without reading the sh1te on the BF forum. Take a look at Supreme Copper 22 oct at wincanton, disgraceful they shudda been banned for it.

jilly
    • Total Posts 730

Rules are made to be bent,get over it you mugggggg :biggrin:

Money on
    • Total Posts 196

Sounds like a real BF forum comment ;)

jilly
    • Total Posts 730

I rest my case ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.