The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TAJJREE

Home Forums Archive Topics TAJJREE

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 362 total)
  • Author
    jinnyj
    • Total Posts 141

Just to let you know I have not declared her for Nottingham as after speaking to the groundsman, I felt the ground was just going to be way too firm and I don’t want to run the risk of jarring her up early on.  <br>Nottingham always rides a bit on the quick side so as we thought she picked up her injury when she ran at Warwick on firm ground, it was in her interests to wait for another day.

Next possibilities are Warwick on the 12th or Newcastle on the 15th.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Not a great run by Teddy this evening. Any ideas what happened?

jinnyj
    • Total Posts 141

Horse was a little fresh after having been off a while and managed to wrestle his handler(me!) to the floor whilst Darryl was being legged up.  Consequently I felt that maybe Darryl pre-judged the horse and didn’t give him maximum assistance when leaving the stalls.  Admittedly I think that 6 round Wolves is probably a bit too "jump and run" by 5f horses but the horse is well capable with some strong driving early.  Still he came back fine with no cuts or scrapes so we’l just have to resume the Adam/Teddy partnership again!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Yeah he wasn’t given the best start was he? And he didn’t seem too comfortable out the back. You could see he was never going to get into it.

Still, there’s always another day and another jockey πŸ˜‰

jinnyj
    • Total Posts 141

Contemplated a race next Friday at Nottingham but its for apprentices who haven’t ridden 50 winners and I think Michael Stainton is the only one I’d contemplate using but getting him is never easy (Whitakers can be a bit tricky letting him go!) so we will give it a miss – there are plenty more races and I prefer to aim at one race rather than rack up a load of entry fees which is not fair on the owners.

jinnyj
    • Total Posts 141

Have just declared Taj for Newcastle on Tuesday – a 5f 0-65 fillies & mares Hcp.  Have put on Michael Stainton as he is based up there and takes a handy 5lbs off too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Nice πŸ™‚ Good luck!

Katy
    • Total Posts 73

Good luck guys, will keep fingers crossed, at least you got a top jock on πŸ™‚

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

Thought you’d be pleased;)

I suppose I’d better get a couple of piccies!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

If you wouldn’t mind, ta very much! πŸ˜‰

You may be interested to know that I bore all my American friends on my music forum with tales of how Taj is doing, in her own thread πŸ™‚ They always wish her luck.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3360

<br>Good luck everyone, a 500 mile round trip but looks the right race and wont be found wanting from the saddle πŸ™‚

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Best of luck chaps. Paul, make sure you get some more photo’s of the old girl.. She’s definitely in with a shout today.. I think i’ll have a few quid e/w on her πŸ™‚

Participant
    • Total Posts 3360

Never going, tailed off πŸ™

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

Ground went against her,we had a go to see if she could handle it but unfortunately it wasn’t to be.<br>She’ll be back.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Good! We’ll move on….that’s racing!

jinnyj
    • Total Posts 141

Taj has pulled muscles just behind her saddle most probably when she jumped awkwardly from the stalls.  She was fine just after the race but soon became quite distressed and had to have a large wack of painkillers from the racecourse vet.  However apart from being a little sore around that area she is in good spirits this morning and after a few days rest should be fine.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

A couple of piccies from Tuesday:-

Michael Stainton:-

Taj:-

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 362 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.