Queen Mary 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2016 Queen Mary 2016

This topic contains 53 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by thejudge1 thejudge1 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Chivers1987
    Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 842

Wesley Ward said this morning that he believes she is that good that she can overcome the bad ground and perform well enough to win.

I don’t know though, I think I’ll leave this race alone.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I started a thread about Lady Aurelia over on the main forum back on 23rd April after her debut win.

I couldn’t get a price at the time because all the bookies were quoting Create A Dream at that stage, as the Wesley Ward filly more people were aware of.

When the odds became available I took 5/1 on Lady Aurelia and I would have been very confident of collecting on fast ground.

As I said on the thread I began, Lady Aurelia has a remarkable low action and it allows her to skim along rapidly on firm conditions. I would be far more concerned by that than the fact that Scat Daddy is her sire.

Confidence is lessened by the ground today, so I have had a saver on Al Johrah at 8/1 this morning. This is a fast filly in her own right and she does go on the ground. I’ll be quite surprised if she doesn’t place here and she could be the one to benefit if Lady Aurelia runs out of juice.

Lady Aurelia trapped like Ballyregan Bob last time and it was as dominating a performance as you could wish to see.

She may well blitz her field here but the ground could be a problem. At 5/1 I have a little wriggle room and am hopeful one of the two will win this.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

SeaBirdII
    SeaBirdII
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

Tbh I think the fav will take a lot of beating here as this is as weak a queen mary I can remember, in terms of the home challenge. Last years was stronger from that point of view and a Wesley Ward runner ran away with it. I can’t actually recall any British runner in this field winning a race and my thinking “Wow, that could be a Queen Mary horse”

That’s why I’ve gone with Madame Dancealot as she impressed me more in defeat than others have in winning. I also liked Reeh’s attitude even though she got beat at Nottingham.

Quince Dolly is another one to throw into the mix as her sire does well if soft is in the description, but yes if Lady Aurelia handles the ground I doubt they will see which way she went.

Would tend to agree with that. Lady Aurelia and Madam Dancealot my two bets for this one. Lady Aurelia looked by far the most impressive of the American juveniles coming over this year, while Madam Dancealot looks an excellent e/w at 20/1. Finished second to Mehmaas on her only run and in front of Full Intention, who ran a stunner in fourth in the Windsor Castle yesterday.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5662

There’s no doubting Lady Aurelia is very decent, but winning easily over
    4 1/2f in a 3 horse race on fast ground doesn’t fill me with confidence
    for a tough 5f on soft at Ascot. She may turn out to be excellent, but on
    what’s been shown so far I’d rather have the 9/1 about KACHESS,
    who looked very impressive at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago. It wasn’t the
    strongest race, but it was the way she won that impressed me.

At a bigger price, I also think the 20/1 that Sky Bet are offering on KOCOLLADA
    is an excellent e/w bet.

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

I think Lady Aurelia at 3/1 and Camargue e/w 18/1

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5662

Absolutely outstanding, the real deal without question.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Surely drugged up to the eyeballs but wow that was impressive.

The rest were lapped

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

WOW!! That was impressive! What does Wesley Ward do to his fillies? Did she she look a lot bigger than the other horses or was that just me?

Chivers1987
    Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 842

Quick, back her for the nunthorpe people.

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

WOWWWWWWWWWW!

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

Well done Wes Ward. Exceptional performance. You wouldn’t have thought she was running on soft ground. Hopefully, she trains on.

Chivers1987
    Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 842

Ok, dont, Wesley Ward just said probably not for the Nunthorpe.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

WOW!! That was impressive! What does Wesley Ward do to his fillies? Did she she look a lot bigger than the other horses or was that just me?

Personally all the fawning over her performance puts a slight sour taste in my mouth. It’s the same sour taste you get when Armstrong wins the tour de france or when Sharapova wins a tennis tournament.

perhaps the english two year olds should be given more of a level playing field and allowed to be given drugs from an early stage in their development.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

Personally all the fawning over her performance puts a slight sour taste in my mouth. It’s the same sour taste you get when Armstrong wins the tour de france or when Sharapova wins a tennis tournament.

perhaps the english two year olds should be given more of a level playing field and allowed to be given drugs from an early stage in their development.

You have quoted as a comparison people who have been found guilty of breaking rules. What rule has she broken?

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

You have quoted as a comparison people who have been found guilty of breaking rules. What rule has she broken?

Nothing technically (then again Armstrong never failed a drugs test either) but that’s the third time his two year olds have destroyed the queen mary field, perhaps they are all just much better athletes?

More likely they are given some sort of drugs in an early stage of their development. I would call that an unfair advantage.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.