The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champions Sprint 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champions Sprint 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Hi Jack, I know he’s a colt, it was just a mistype.
    I am similarly convinced of Quiet Reflection as you are of Shalaa, enjoy the race too.
    I will only enjoy it with the right outcome..
    Thank you, Nathan, you’ve expressed that greatly.
    Quiet Reflection is Burke’s sole class horse, and I don’t think it matters too much
    what his lower level horses did recently.
    I see Burke similar to Mr. Candy:
    If you consider Candy’s stable form, you could have never backed Limato..

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21536

Don’t take my word for it hein bollow.
    I’m just a free spirit.
    But I’m sure Quiet Reflection gets the last Rolo, Polo mint and the best hay
    Win or lose She has been fantastic this season, don’t forget to vote her flat horse of the year

Member since March 2008
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Don’t worry, Nathan.
    I won’t make you reliable for the result:-).
    I am also very positive on her, and I hope Dougie finds a good position again.
    Yeah, she really deserves this title, and I will vote for her.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26480

I think Quiet Reflection deserves her 7/2 quote and may go off shorter, she has won 5 Group races in the last year and should be the one giving Shalaa a race for his money.
    Enjoy the race really looking forward to this one. :rose: Jac

Quiet Reflection has been weak in the markets in the last couple of days. I laid a bit of 3/1 yesterday. Needs to buck the trend of Burke yard’s poor form. This late in the season, a drop in stable form is difficult to escape. Gosden’s in cracking form Jac. ;-)

Burke couldn’t train a cat to catch a mouse and Dougie couldn’t ride a bike with stabilizers
    It’s all about looking after the machine, Burke only has eyes for one horse now reflect quietly will you ginge.

When have you ever known me to be quiet Nathan? ;-)

Not saying Quiet Reflection can’t win. Yes, it is possible the filly will be unaffected by the drop in form. Henry Candy won the Jubilee with Twilight Son when on a similar run and I remember Paul Cole keeping Mr Dinos in an isolation box before his Ascot Gold Cup. However, when a yard is doing as badly as Burke it has to be represented in odds. Being a greater chance of Quiet Reflection running poorly than there would be if her trainer were in good form. Even the Queen catches a cold now and again when those around her are inflicted.

Jac said “I think Quiet Reflection deserves her 7/2 quote and may go off shorter”. Am saying I very much doubt she will go off shorter than 7/2 and if you fancy Quiet Reflection it may be advisable not to take 7/2 and wait.

The Oddschecker row is now all pink, every bookmaker lengthening and now 9/2. :yes:

value is everything
    SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

FWIW in Oisin’s Q&A on sportinglife.com (a few days old now) he was asked for his best bet today:

It’s a phenomenal day of racing to be part of and we may well have the best horse in the world taking part in Almanzor, as well as some other brilliant clashes. We’ll see Limato, Quiet Reflection and Shalaa in the Sprint, a clash between the best of the generations in the QEII and maybe even an Arc-placed horse in the Long Distance Cup, so you really can’t knock the quality of the racing.

If I was to name one horse I’d say Shalaa in the British Champions Series Sprint. It’s obviously a very tough race, but I thought he looked burly in the paddock before he won at Ascot the other day and yet he still managed to win nicely on his first start for more than a year. He’s got winning form on soft ground but to me he looks like a real top-of-the-ground horse from his action and if it comes up good on the day, I’d fancy him to win.

I rarely pay attention to any jockey tips but I thought it an interesting response given his opinion of Almanzor and the fact that he has no obvious association with Shalaa.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

That was terrible and extremely disappointing for me,
    she was just jogging around :negative: .

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Yes the bubble well and truly burst there hein :wacko: none of the fancied horses in the frame…end of the season and bookies filling their satchels ready for their round the world cruises :whistle:
    Still 4 races to go hoping Found will bail me out in the Champion Stakes… :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

Big G, you must have been counting your cash a furlong out :(

Well done Darren and theJudge :)

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3444

Good stuff Darren and theJudge :good:

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4753

Top stuff Darren and Thejudge !! :good: :good:

A funny race and it does look like the end of a long season for some!!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Think judge spot on when he pointed out horses gone over the top this season.
    Well done all The Tin Man backers :yahoo:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Wish Clare Balding would stop talking Olympics all afternoon..we want to see the horses Clare :yes: :yes:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

Big G, you must have been counting your cash a furlong out :(

Well done Darren and theJudge :)

I did think he might hold on Joe, I was almost riding the race myself in the last 1/2 furlong, it
    wasn’t to be….that’s racing for you :-(

Well done Darren, you’ve always thought this one would come good. Well done to judge if you’re still
    looking in, we could do with some more choice picks like that :good:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21536

Well done Tin Man backers. Daz has been banging on about the Tin Man all year. Please for both the trainer and jockey here to.
    Myself and Daz are having a shoot out in the Snooker tonight he’s got Bingham at 28’s and I’ve got Wenbo at 100/1 playing each other in the Semi Final

Member since March 2008
    mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 604

The tin man deserved that today. I think it got its going today and looked ready for the race.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.