The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champions Sprint 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champions Sprint 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

As long as the ground isn’t too bad (some rain predicted for Friday) I reckon the tin man must have a fantastic chance. Only one to give Quiet reflection a race last time out, and that would have been on ground that was unsuitably soft for him.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

As long as the ground isn’t too bad (some rain predicted for Friday) I reckon the tin man must have a fantastic chance. Only one to give Quiet reflection a race last time out, and that would have been on ground that was unsuitably soft for him.

He’s definitely in with a shout judge, and I know Darren has always been really keen on him. I can’t work
    out how the ground will be come Saturday, I mentioned before that I thought it would be no softer than
    good and perhaps a tad firmer as at that point there was virtually no rain forecast. I see there are a few
    light showers between now and then, but also reasonable temperatures and enough wind to continue drying
    conditions. The present going is “Outer: good, good to soft in places; inner: good to firm, firm in places”,
    so I’m not sure how it will turn out. Limato has firmed up hugely, so I’m taking it that they expect it to
    be decent ground without “soft” anywhere. It’s a bit confusing :unsure:

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3444
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

Cheers botchy, fingers crossed it’s a all systems go :good:

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

hope you dont mind guys. but im new to this. been reading what you all have said and my own belief is that if no soft in the going report then think limato is a real good thing

6fur is perfect with the ground good or firmer i think limato is the best in europe

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

hope you dont mind guys. but im new to this. been reading what you all have said and my own belief is that if no soft in the going report then think limato is a real good thing

6fur is perfect with the ground good or firmer i think limato is the best in europe

Welcome to the forum lionroars, nice to have you with us. Absolutely no doubt that Limato is top
    class and having been bet down from 10/1 to a best price 11/4 this week there clearly is a great
    deal of confidence behind him. If he has come out of his race at Chantilly well, and he gets his
    ground, which he may well do, he has to have a favourite’s chance. Thirteen days between races
    isn’t a lot, but I can’t see Henry Candy running him if he wasn’t sure he was fit enough to win.
    Good luck if you have a punt :good:

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

many thanks bigG i hope he does turn up as the race will be fantastic with him in it. nearly all the top sprinters winner takes all brilliant

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

LIMATO out !!! 1.5 mm of rain on Wednesday and a further 2mm overnight have changed the
    ground sufficiently for Henry Candy to decide he doesn’t run. This must be pretty grim
    news for his followers who brought his price down from 10/1 to as low as 2/1 within 3
    days this week.

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

Commiserations to Limato backers.

The yard can still take this with Twilight Son and 8s with Betway looks big.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3444

Limato AP backers need a medal if they kept with him this year after last. He caught me 3 times and i threw in the towel. What a rollercoaster of a ride they must of had.

I feel for you Limato backers, really i do :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

That’s a real pity that he is out.
    I didn’t lose money, because I never do AP (may sound boring to you value punters),
    but I would have backed him on the day.
    Who would be the alternative?
    I’m still positive on Quiet Reflection, but maybe I’m the only one?

TheGunTheGun
    Participant
    • Total Posts 186

I think if Shalaa hadn’t been injured this year he would have been champion sprinter and would be odds-on favourite for this race. As is, his comeback was very impressive given the long layoff and ground conditions, and at the prices I would be keen to get involved. I won’t do anything until the day, but as long as I can get 5/1+ Shalaa is my selection.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

That’s a real pity that he is out.
    I didn’t lose money, because I never do AP (may sound boring to you value punters),
    but I would have backed him on the day.
    Who would be the alternative?
    I’m still positive on Quiet Reflection, but maybe I’m the only one?

I doubt you’ll be the only one in here on Quiet Reflection HB, things have very much
    come his way. I was originally most scared of Limato when I backed SIGNS OF BLESSING,
    it looked at that time that the ground would be in his favour, but the weather Gods
    have been good to Quiet Reflection and he is rightfully back at the head of the
    market. Raymo is keen on him, and he knows his onions, so your in good company. I’m
    still happy with SOB, he will handle softer conditions well, and I’m glad I topped up
    with the 20s when the market was pushed out a bit with the Limato gamble. It’s a pity
    Limato won’t be in the line up, but it still looks like a classy field. I’m really
    looking forward to this one.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21536

It’s a shame that Limato won’t be running, always a risky AP proposition with him and the going and that’s why he was 10’s
    I’ve got 14’s on Quiet Reflection before she won the Haydock race and it looks like the rain has arrived just in time for her. I make Meccas Angel a place lay, I don’t think the extra furlong will suit but we’ll see.

Member since March 2008
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

I need to correct myself, I mentioned in my post to Hein Bollow above, in relation to
    Quiet Reflection, that “Raymo is keen on him, and he knows his onions, so your in good
    company.”. I did of course mean to say Nathan was keen on him, my apologies Nathan. The
    14s you got looks huge now. Sorry about the mix up, another one of my senior moments :wacko:

I should of course add that in correcting that, that Raymo is nonetheless another who knows his
    onions. I maybe should get myself a bike and a French beret to go with the amount of onions I’m
    rambling on about. I certainly don’t need a spade to dig myself any deeper :whistle:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.