Pot Luck 3

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Down Royal
    1.10 Emily Moon w/o Daylight Katie+ Jeremys Flame 6/4 1pt win
    1.45 Coeur Sublime 6/4 2pts win

Off to Down Royal later
    Going to sit back and watch Samcro’s race but I have to put something on elsewhere

So have chosen Emily Moon- a biggish mare who hopefully just blew up a bit on reappearance and may come on for it- and Coeur Sublime who goes well fresh.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Just back from a good day out at Down Royal. A still, damp old day and evening so even if there is no rain tonight there will be no drying at all.

Some thoughts:
    Fury Road looked good in the paddock and won very easily. Bois de Clamart, Face the Odds and Enjoy d’Allen all going to be chasers by the look of them. So Near So Farhh, despite being an unprepossessing Flat four year old with a white ringed eye who looked like a little rat beside the big horses actually walked quite well in the paddock and travelled OK for a good way. A summer handicap hurdler in time perhaps.

Emily Moon looked a nice big shape of a mare in the paddock, travelled well then folded like a deck of cards again. Perhaps the ground went against her but she had travelled well on it and faded too quickly for it to be that. They hadn’t gone a ridiculous gallop or anything so no excuse. Will avoid over the winter. I don’t think the Cheltenham mares’ novice winner left her box today.

Coeur Sublime– as per big race thread. The right horse won but a falsely run race, impossible to assess. Coko Beach is a slightly bony looking creature who isn’t the finished article yet.

Samcro looked quite happy and the little crowd of us down at the last fence breathed a collective sigh of relief when he popped it safely. (Not that he ever looked in danger but just, you know…aeroplanes are safe too but you still think ” Oh good, we didn’t crash” when you touch down). He got a good cheer from the crowd coming home alone.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

2.10 Asc Diego du Charmil 12-1
    2.25 DRoy Clan des Obeaux 2-1
    3.20 Asc Vinndication 7-2
    3.40 Weth Aso 11-2
    All 1pt win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

+3.5
    Pts staked 279

There is a nice card at Cork today. I’ll start off with a couple of Mullins horses and see how things go.
    Going to give Farid another chance; stable preview says he works well at home. Perhaps the ease in the ground will help; he won his French race on soft.
    I’ve backed Drury on the basis of her form with Rocket Lad who I think is a good horse.

Cork
    1.00 Farid 6-1
    1.35 Drury 5-1
    Both 1 pt win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Cork
    2.10 Blazing Emily 2-1 1pt win
    2.45 Ex Patriot 11/2 0.5pt win
    2.45 Dandy Mag 20-1 1pt ew

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

2.30 Carlisle Count Meribel 6/5 1 pt win w/o Lostintranslation

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Humph, perhaps they did too much in front or they are not all that. Blazing Emily seemed to run in snatches a bit. Will probably leave her alone next time.
    Onwards and probably downwards!
    Bet my TTF horse to beat Kildisart in the hope that the Pauling horse not fit enough and too short a trip (watch My Old Gold beat them both now!).
    I have a soft spot for Ex Patriot, although he jumps slightly left. This trainer can have them ready to go first time out so will see what he can do. Also had a go on Dandy Mag who is less likely to get taken off his little feet on this ground if they go a steadier pace. He came 3rd in the Alan de Breuil on soft too. A very interesting race in prospect. I wonder how Sayo’s jumping will hold up when he has some better competition. The Giggi horses both look good too. I hope Brahma Bull doesn’t break himself or anybody else.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Who’s been schooling Brahma Bull? They deserve a prize! Can they please also school Dandy Mag as he jumped badly and did well to stick with the pace for as long as he did. Back over hurdles maybe? He is quite small.
    Not only did I desert the Bull, but he also scuppered my bets on the race. I would have had a nice little haul. Still though, can’t be annoyed, the big dope was enjoying himself and jumped respectably, he deserved to win and it is nice to see a much happier picture than last time.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Pts staked 285.5

Haldon Gold Cup Dolos 9-2 1pt win
    (Now avail at 5s)

I should also count the loss on Gun Digger in the Cork National but I did also back Jukebox Jive in the Nov handicap (only 50p ew!) but didn’t put him up here.
    So I will count neither.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Might experiment with some cover bets, minimum stake

Exeter
    1.10 Welsh Saint 4/1
    2.40 Eritage 5/2
    Bith 0.5ot cover bet 3 places

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Pts staked 287.5

Dolos ran well, beaten fair and square by a good, improving horse.
    Lovely run from Welsh Saint too and the cover bet did its job.
    Eritage maybe better over longer. Sporting John looks very good.
    Bullionaire did well to finish where he did despite the hold he took and the absence.

One bet today: Katpoli had good form for his race in France (with and then through Fusil Raffles) and his first 3 races over here despite taling a keen hold at times and hurdling scrappily. His sire and damsire’s progeny are better known for fencing though and they haven’t messed about with another year over hurdles.
    I’m putting a line through his two races at the end of last season. He ran flat and I don’t think he was right.
    There’s just enough blue for him on oddschecker this morning to make a sailor a pair of trousers.

3.10 Chepstow Katpoli 4-1 0.5pt cover bet 3pl

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Hoping for a big day for Paul Nicholls tomorrow.
    If You Say Run jumped very well on chase debut. Reserve Tank looked very keen and that may have contributed to his jumping being not as good; he seemed to jump better when able to let rip rather than being restrained.

Wincanton
    2.25 If You Say Run 7-2 1pt win
    3.00 Grand Sancy 5-2 cover bet 1pt win
    3.35 Present Man 6-1 0.5pt win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

No complaints- If You Say Run beaten by a better horse- Reserve Tank settled and jumped much better. Very nice.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

Pts staked 290.5

Stable noncommittal about Duc de Genievres and he is conceding weight to a younger, bigger horse. But he is a wide margin Arkle winner (albeit by general consensus the Worst Arkle Ever) and goes on the ground. Ballyoisin is an old favourite and I’d be tempted to back him on better ground but I’ll stick with my TTF horse.
    Will also back last year’s TTF horse Melon. I backed him for the 2018 Arkle :scratch: so got to support him on chase debut.

Navan
    2.10 Duc de Genievres 13/8 3pts win
    3.15 Melon 5/4 2pts win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

12.50 Punch Walk Away 13/2 0.5pt win

Interested in this one over fences

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 212 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.