Pot Luck 3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

Thanks chaps. I’m finding it hard to pick horses for Downpatrick so will leave well alone. Haven’t been watching racing this week as was in hospital giving birth to junior racing fan #2 ( born on Wednesday, home yesterday) and had bother getting wifi on my phone, though was happy to use up some 4G data whiling away the boring hours in the induction ward following the flat fans’ deliberations on the big races board. Also gratified to see Barney Roy won in France as I have him ready to use as a sub in Ginger’s comp.
    Good luck if you’re going to Downpatrick tonight Jack :good:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

Itchy betting finger landed on old reliable Draycott Place tonight. I can’t remember if I’ve ever backed him but he should give me a run for my money. He’s the type of horse who has grown on me just by being one of those frequently raced horses who keep their appetite for the job.

8.15 Ballinrobe Draycott Place 9-1 0.5pt ew

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

+10
    Pts staked 18.5

Missed it as the baby has dreadful timing and started roaring to be fed 5 minutes before the off. Oh well. Will watch replay tomorrow when the inlaws go home and I can pursue my dubious hobby in peace :-)

Good card again tomorrow night; Pylonthepressure interesting. Can’t jump a twig (or at least didn’t used to; will watch his last start) but must have some talent or they would have got rid of him by now. I wonder if he might like jumping off good ground a bit better. The only times he has raced without soft in the going description were his PTP, which he won, and the Punchestown bumper where he finished a respectable 5th, with some nag called Altior in behind ;-)

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

Watched his last race where he travelled and jumped well, just was unlucky to step at a fence and come down. He is a fine looking horse and if they can get him jumping consistently well he could improve a lot. If he stands up he will win, I think.

Also backed Lethal Steps in that competitive looking handicap hurdle. He isn’t the biggest and may appreciate his light weight. He has quite a high head carriage but doesn’t look ungenuine.

Ballinrobe
    6.30 Lethal Steps 16-1 0.5pt ew 4pl 1/4 odds
    8.00 Pylonthepressure 11-2 1pt win

Both b365

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1992

I was away last weekend so didn’t make Dpk. Decent meeting though!

nice winner there- he seems to enjoy Ballinrobe.

I thought today’s card was very competitive and tricky. The hurdle Lethal Steps is in is really tricky! I quite liked Elliot’s other runner in that, for all i haven’t backed it and probably won’t!

Having a quick look at down royal as we speak!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

Thanks Jack.
    Castle North has drifted a bit for the maiden hurdle but they reckon he has improved a bit at home. Ran respectably enough last time. I don’t usually use EW as a saver but will do so here:

6.00 Castle North 6-1 0.5pt EW

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

+11.5
    Pts staked 21.5

Shouldn’t have deserted my old pal Peregrine Run! Well done him for lumping that weight and a good ride. Townend also gave Pylonthepressure a good confidence building round and on a more galloping track he will do well. When he went out to 10s before the off I backed him EW in addition to the win bet so all was not lost, though doesn’t count towards the thread as I didn’t put him up.

Happy with Castle North and Lethal Steps put in a reasonable effort from being bumped about a bit at the back. Elliot’s other horse did run a good race Jack.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1992

Yep both Elliot’s ran decent! Winner was very good again, though being up front and leading does provide a decent advantage. Looks one for Galway alright!

Well done with Castle North, nice price there. I was cheering him on, as i had looked at the 2nd as one to have a watch at, as his bumper form wasn’t too bad. Would’ve been sick if he won today at that price!

Great performance by Peregrine Run as you say, after he just about won last time i wasn’t sure what to expect. Career best on RPRs anyway.

GP tomorrow hasn’t much of interest for me- onto Thurs + Fri :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16089

Many congratulations Grass, great news for you and the family……good old Draycott Place.

Joking aside, hope you are all doing well.

Think I’ve been shadowing you this week. Even though I’m lying low just now, always do every card at Ballinrobe. Won’t surprise you to hear I was with Draycott as well, and like you, went with Pylon, though sadly win only, only to kick myself when Peregrine won.

Great performance from Peregrine, and hopefully he can build on that again.

Great run from Pylon, and he’s finally put a nice round in, so certainly one to keep on side of.

I’ll be looking back over the races for Galway clues, but straight off the bat, Swamp Fox teaming up with Davy Russell was interesting, even though they went at the first, and the one that really caught my eye for Galway, was Landofhopeandglory, I thought he shaped well, and I’d be interested in Roxboro Road in the next few months.

Great start again Grass

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

Thanks for the good wishes VtC, all well here.

More nice horses out at Limerick and I have a couple of short ones.

Pack Your Bags looking great over fences lately and latest hurdles run excusable as lost a shoe and finished lame. He will be hard to beat. Also put a bit EW on Musical Ava in the same race; I liked the look of her in the paddock at Down Royal, though didn’t back her. She went well that day and looking at her breeding the extra bit of distance should be OK. Despite her 2 recent falls she doesn’t look to have bad hurdling technique just a bit unlucky.

Got to go with Ravenhill in the beginners chase having picked him out as one to follow. Missed the best price but backing him anyway.

Also interested in the Peter Fahey horses Court Tycoon and Timeforwest (latter has strong recent form) and if my first bets yield results I might have a go on them. In the bumper, I’m not sure Baboin‘s form with the favourite should be taken 100% literally so might have a go there too.

Limerick
    6.00 Pack Your Bags 10-11 3pts win
    6.00 Musical Ava 8-1 0.5pt ew
    7.10 Ravenhill 11-8 2pts win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Fit-For%20Function%27s%20win%20provides%20Murphy%20with%20timely%20boost&prid=200206

VtC – Swamp Fox didn’t make it. I thought he looked wrong behind when he got up but wasn’t sure, then saw this news page. I know he was one of yours and had done you a good turn on several occasions. Such a pity at the start of the summer.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

Time for another foray into the Flat

Epsom Oaks Pink Dogwood 11-4 1pt win
    Oaks/Derby double Pink Dogwood+Broome 18-1 1pt

Reckon AOB has been quietly practising round his Tipperary Tattenham Corner with these two; noticeable that he didn’t feel the need to do too much with the filly or spin the colt round corners at Chester to get them ready.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

Pack Your Bags out to 2-1; had another 2 pts on.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2544

Humph I thought PYB was a good thing. He seemed to travel into the race well and when the gap opened up I thought he’d be away, but nothing happened.

At least Musical Ava- plucky little thing that she is- and Ravenhill limited the damage but due to my erratic staking, still down for the day.

No bet at Tramore tomorrow- Megalomaniac interesting but tends to jump left over hurdles so will leave him alone on this tight right handed track for first go over fences.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16089

Awful news about Swamp Fox, what a shame.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 213 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.