JLT Novices Chase

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 JLT Novices Chase

This topic contains 224 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  Autumnal 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 225 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2201

Yorhill is by presenting, one of the three current sires who has an outstanding cheltenham festival record.

Who should improve for better ground

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

I might be way wide of the mark here (as I so often am these days) and I respect Yorkhill, but given the doubts over his jumping and ability to settle, I’ve come to the conclusion that POLITOLOGUE is the outstanding value bet in this.

Earlier in the season there was a lot of hype around this horse after a breathtaking display at ascot, but subsequent defeat at haydock dampened that down quite a lot. I think the ground and the fact that he was forced to make his own running was partly contributing to that, and the good ground he’ll get here will help his jumping and I think he could be greatly underestimated by the market.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I might be way wide of the mark here (as I so often am these days) and I respect Yorkhill, but given the doubts over his jumping and ability to settle, I’ve come to the conclusion that POLITOLOGUE is the outstanding value bet in this.

Earlier in the season there was a lot of hype around this horse after a breathtaking display at ascot, but subsequent defeat at haydock dampened that down quite a lot. I think the ground and the fact that he was forced to make his own running was partly contributing to that, and the good ground he’ll get here will help his jumping and I think he could be greatly underestimated by the market.

Are you changing your mind on a day to day basis Judge? One minute it’s Yorkhill all the way and then Politologue is the best bet in years :scratch:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Are you changing your mind on a day to day basis Judge? One minute it’s Yorkhill all the way and then Politologue is the best bet in years :scratch:

Well it’s true my lack of confidence is eroding my judgement… and probably my marbles :mail:

I don’t really know what’s going to win… I’m not an expert like you Steve! I’m just a guesser.

Just lay whatever I put up that seems a fairly sound system :good:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25856

Got 7/1 each way ante-post Top Notch and just done win bets on 13/2 Politologue and 28/1 Kilcrea Vale.

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25856

Got 7/1 each way ante-post Top Notch and just done win bets on 13/2 Politologue and 28/1 Kilcrea Vale.

My 100% Book:
    15/8 Yorkhill, 100/30 Top Notch, 11/2 Politologue, 13/2 Disko, 16/1 Flying Angel, 20/1 Kilcrea Vale, 40/1 Balko Des Flos, 400/1 Baily Cloud.

value is everything

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 597

I like Top Notch a lot, and Politilogue has loads to like about him but, really, Mullins horses can’t keep on running like shite all week, can they?

Can they?

Can they…

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

GoldenMiller34
    GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1116

For me the obvious play is Top Notch with Skybet, ‘money back’ if doesn’t win.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Baily Whatsit might just nick a place at 25s

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2435

Yorkhill’s jumping plus the Mullins rumour puts me off him.

I said in a written preview i do for every cheltenham race that the best horse between fences is undoubtedly Yorkhill but if ever there was a place where bad jumpers get found out, its here.

Played Top Notch at 100/30 and Politologue 11/2

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 770

I would love Yorkhill to win this

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15269

I really like this race, but never one I would have a serious bet in.

Probably minimum stakes ew on 2 from Flying Angel, Kilcrea Vale, and Baily Cloud.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4311

Same as Bobby am on Kilcrea Vale Flying Angel and the giggs outsider e/w small.

Good race to watch!!

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4206

I’ve covered three here, Disko, Flying Angel and Politologue.

The latter looks the strongest of these and I fancy his price reflects being beaten by one from ‘Oop North’ in Waiting Patiently! Bearing in mind Cloudy Dream’s performance what a pity Waiting Patiently as out for the season as I think he is an even better animal than CD.

Rob

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25856

Poor ride by Jacob, letting Ruby up the inner.

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.