JLT Novices Chase

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 JLT Novices Chase

This topic contains 224 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  Autumnal 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3157

Anibale Fly let the form down on Saturday when pulled up, but i still think the race at Fairyhouse over 20 F could have a big say on things at Cheltenham.

I was very impressed by Coney Island that day and have taken him to win @ 16’s

Runs again against ADO over 3 miles who i think might be a fair bit better over this distance.

Added some 20’s on the exchangers after todays race

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 203

I fancy YORK HILL and have backed him at 8s and still nibbling and 5s.

This horse has speed and an engine. His jumping was a worry first time out but I think he will be better going left handed.

5s is still value when you compare ALTIOR 5/4’for the ARKLE. Surely they won’t run him up against Altor or min in the ARKLE.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

I fancy YORK HILL and have backed him at 8s and still nibbling and 5s.

This horse has speed and an engine. His jumping was a worry first time out but I think he will be better going left handed.

5s is still value when you compare ALTIOR 5/4’for the ARKLE. Surely they won’t run him up against Altor or min in the ARKLE.

I expect all three to line up in the Arkle in all honesty

KingSprinterSacre
    KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 411

I dont think theres any hope of Yorkhill going Arkle. Ruby will be on Min in the Arkle (compared him to kauto after last day! – his style, long way to go to prove that ability). He will make sure they are separated so he can ride Yorkhill in the JLT. Graham Wylie has already stated JLT is most likely target. I think people are putting too much faith in what Ruby mentioned after the Neptune last year about winning the arkle with his mouth open. That was a heat of the moment comment which would not have taken into account Altior not going champion hurdle and Min taking to fences.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 596

From a Rich Ricci view point his two best Novice Chasers are Min and American Tom and Richi has said Min for The Arkle and American Tom for The JLT. Graham Wiley, on the other hand, will have Yorkhill and Bellshill as his best. From a Willie Mullins viewpoint he will want to try and win all 3 Novice Chases.

Bellshill looks like the stayer of the bunch so I think it’s fair enough to assume RSA for him and Ricci has already said American Tom for the JLT and Min for The Arkle. I think Yorkhill’s destination will come down to Willie and who out of Min and American Tom he trusts most to get the job done.

Willie will know if Yorkhill could take Min over 2 miles and he will know if he could take American Tom over 2 and a half miles. The ground could play a factor also. if it’s good then the pace of the JLT will suit Yorkhill, however if it’s soft maybe he’d be more suited to The Arkle. Am I unfairly disregarding any other Mullin’s Novice Chaser in the above analysis? Maybe I am…

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1077

Benie de deux looked fairly good only she bet a bad field.
    I was also very impressed with bleu et rouge. He jumped poorly but came from a long way behind to win a hot beginners chase. Could be mcmanus main horse for one of the novice chases.
    And although he didn’t have a very distinguished hurdling career I was very impressed with Royal Caviar on his chasing debut.

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2029

Apparently Buveur D’Air could be back over hurdles – Aidan Coleman told Seven Barrows he was far from impressed with him over fences at Warwick over the weekend. Would avoid backing him ante-post for the JLT.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Alright, had a few quid on him for the CH just incase. If Petit Mouchoir is a 9/1 shot, Buveur D’Air should be 17/2 at most.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5703

Apparently Buveur D’Air could be back over hurdles – Aidan Coleman told Seven Barrows he was far from impressed with him over fences at Warwick over the weekend. Would avoid backing him ante-post for the JLT.

Never seen a horse so accomplished at going through fences – seriously, he kind of half-heartedly attempted to take off at the second-last but just ploughed right through the birch. He was better at the last but still very untidy as he was at a couple earlier. Cheltenham would be a bad idea.

Whisper looks very much the type to keep improving over fences, especially with his jumping. He seems decent value for this at 14s

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 596

The top two rated Mullins horses for The JLT go head to head on Sunday at Naas; Yorkhill (Wylie) and American Tom (Ricci). That will tell a lot. 1st v 3rd in The JLT market

Pointer
    Pointer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 147

I absolutely love Yorkhill, ridiculous engine – bit quirky but an absolute superstar of a horse. Amazingly lowish profile but I think that will be blown to pieces in March with my hopes for a performance of the festival in this race. I’ll be getting involved at current price before Sunday. As we stand Yorkhill for JLT is my bet of the festival.

I think he might scare away a few to the RSA on Sunday. Coney Island, Haymount, Politologue, might bite may all go to the 3 miler to take on Bellshill

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1077

The top two rated Mullins horses for The JLT go head to head on Sunday at Naas; Yorkhill (Wylie) and American Tom (Ricci). That will tell a lot. 1st v 3rd in The JLT market

Can’t see both of them running in the same race, especially not outside of the festivals.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 596

Yeah, they probably wont; would be good to see it though

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2029

Hendo’s Stan James blog;

Some folk were disappointed with BUVEUR D’AIR at Warwick on New Year’s Eve but he got a bump by a horse on his inside turning for home which wasn’t very pleasant and then he got a little tired approaching the last two. He didn’t have a hard race the time before at Haydock but he probably put a fair bit into this one therefore he may have needed it fitness-wise. He’s absolutely fine and we’ll probably look at the G1 Scilly Isles Chase at Sandown on February 4th to try him over 2m4f and see how he gets on.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

Hendo’s Stan James blog;

Some folk were disappointed with BUVEUR D’AIR at Warwick on New Year’s Eve but he got a bump by a horse on his inside turning for home which wasn’t very pleasant and then he got a little tired approaching the last two. He didn’t have a hard race the time before at Haydock but he probably put a fair bit into this one therefore he may have needed it fitness-wise. He’s absolutely fine and we’ll probably look at the G1 Scilly Isles Chase at Sandown on February 4th to try him over 2m4f and see how he gets on.

They are obviously trying to push him up in trip. The reason he got a bump was due to the idiotic ride from Coleman. Why did he need to burrow up the inside when he should have been able to win by daylight swinging wide? Laughable that he seemed upset with the other jock when it was totally his own fault.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.