JLT Novices Chase

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 JLT Novices Chase

This topic contains 224 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  Autumnal 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    KingSprinterSacre
    KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 411

American Tom – The earlier mistake seem to disrupt him and he dropped to back marker. I thought Ruby was going to pull him up before that very bad fall (looked it anyway, good to see horse and jockey up). I wouldn’t be surprised to hear AT has picked up some sort of injury from the earlier mistake. It definitely affected him anyway.

I think that race will now set the Ruby rides in stone – Min Arkle and Yorkhill JLT

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1077

American Tom – The earlier mistake seem to disrupt him and he dropped to back marker. I thought Ruby was going to pull him up before that very bad fall (looked it anyway, good to see horse and jockey up). I wouldn’t be surprised to hear AT has picked up some sort of injury from the earlier mistake. It definitely affected him anyway.

I think that race will now set the Ruby rides in stone – Min Arkle and Yorkhill JLT

The post race report said the horse was coughing and subsequently found that he had a lung infection.

KingSprinterSacre
    KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 411

Thanks TWM, knew something was up.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Is politilogue being aimed at this?

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

I believe (and hope) so. Nicholls said 3m wouldn’t come til next year. I find 2m extremely doubtful myself, but a couple of people think he’ll go over that trip.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Looking at the comments he’s made it seems possible they could swerve Cheltenham altogether, but he said something similar about wrapping up Clan Des Obeax in cotton wool last year and that horse ran in the Triumph. Plus the owner will want him to run at the festival

RSA seems extremely unlikely, I guess Arkle would be possible as horse has tons of pace, but would you really run him in that when the JLT seems a much easier race?

JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2029

No entry in the Champion Hurdle for Yorkhill, but entered in G2 Novice Chase at the weekend.

Full steam ahead!

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

Really, really poor from Yorkhill. Gangster has run no race and the second is pretty ordinary. Doubt he could have found much more than a length and even going left handed his jumping was again all over the place. He wins nothing at Cheltenham on that evidence.

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 319

Put some money on Buveur d’Air at 9/1. I cannot believe the bookies shortened Yorkhill after his win at Leopardstown a few minutes ago. He jumped – again – to his left at every fence and had to be shaken up to beat a modest field.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Really, really poor from Yorkhill. Gangster has run no race and the second is pretty ordinary. Doubt he could have found much more than a length and even going left handed his jumping was again all over the place. He wins nothing at Cheltenham on that evidence.

‘Doubt he could have found much more than a length’

Based on what? He never came off the bridle so you have no idea how much in hand Ruby had.

KingSprinterSacre
    KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 411

I was really really disappointed there. I’ve the nice prices on yorkhill since taking the stance this was race since the market formed. However I’m not even confident that is value after this. The jumping left didn’t overly bother me. It was hitting fences, brushing through a few awkwardly and the overall lack of fluency. Winged the 3rd last and I expected to see more of that. I really want to see him get some more experience before the festival.

The bookies are a disgrace. Cut across the board to as low as 6/5. Bookmakers cut any sort of win despite the performance.

Mards
    Participant
    • Total Posts 12

Yorkhill’s left jumping is obviously concerning but Ruby barely moved on him, he won as he liked. I personally think he could have opened up if he pressed a button. The jumping is still my biggest worry, usually a sign that something isn’t quite right.

The odds are poor but in reality it looks like a weak renewal. I think the winner will be one of the top two and might continue to pile into both in cross over doubles and trebles as well as singles.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

This Yorkhill just looks like a machine.

Can’t even say that his odds look too short for the race now as we know he gets up the Cheltenham hill while by contrast one of his biggest rivals threw in a very weak finish yesterday at Haydock.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

‘Doubt he could have found much more than a length’

Based on what? He never came off the bridle so you have no idea how much in hand Ruby had.

The horse isn’t being trained for a handicap. How many Mullins hotpots do you see win like that? If he had enough in the tank he would have been pushed out to win eight lengths. He knew if he asked he would have looked even worse but clearly he managed to fool some people who are clinging to ante-post vouchers. The trainer has said that he isn’t concerned about the horse jumping left. I suppose you believe that too?

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 203

York hills jumping needs to improve. They need to get another run into before the festival for more expirence.

I’m still confident he will peak and win on the day. Ruby was really soft on him and had bucket loads in the tank. Whisper the danger

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.