The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish National Hunt: Horses To Follow

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Irish National Hunt: Horses To Follow

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    wallace-no7
    • Total Posts 1511

After the very successful 2yr old thread we may aswell start another one on the Irish NH Horse’s that are finally coming through after a long spell of quietness for the past few years.

First won is Sweeps Hill…Runs at Tipp tomoro and has a perfect bumper record(DUNQUIB DQ).

One of the Greatest Trainer in Ireland John Kiely trains…

Sweeps Hill

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Don’t be robbing my novice hurdler to follow Wally! :lol:

http://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79526

Sweeps Hill – John Kiely

– Impressive bumper winner at Leopardstown over Christmas. Didn’t go to Cheltenham but chased home Dunguib at Punchestown. Should pick up a few decent novice hurdles over the course of the season. Would be no surprise if he made up into a contender for the Supreme Novices.

Could be plenty of carnage with 20 inexperienced runners around a tightish track like Limerick Junction but it should be fairly straightforward for him tomorrow provided Dave Casey keeps it simple. The 10/11 that irishracing.com are forecasting would be very generous.

wallace-no7
    • Total Posts 1511

Sorry Imperial completly forgot….Think it deserves a new thread all the same.

You may disagree :oops:

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

I’m only balling off you lad! Any thread discussing Irish NH gets the thumbs up from me.

I see Kiely has Taking Stock in the maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse on Saturday for JP as well. Presenting Massey and Rinceoir Rua haven’t done much for the form of his bumper since but he looked a real nice prospect when beating them. Kiely might have some decent animals to go to war with this season. I’d fully expect Sweeps Hill to lead the charge.

Dallimann
    • Total Posts 138

just entered my horse Der Spieler in a novice hurdle at Limerick this Sunday…entries iclude Jumbo Rio, Tharawaat and Tilabay… :x …crikey, it’s only a novice… :(

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

The race you’re entered in isn’t actually a novices race rather a conditions hurdle Dallimann (at least according to the RP).

There is a listed novices hurdle on the card but you don’t appear to be entered in that one.

wallace-no7
    • Total Posts 1511

He won but again David Casey made a meal of it.

He is bound to have learnt loads from that and should improve a ton.

At least we have one decent Horse to start the thread off

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

I think they’ll be happy enough with him. Casey was only hands and heels out to the line. Tougher tests ahead but he’s definitely got potential. He should stay unbeaten until he meets Dunguib again (Royal Bond probably).

He looks a typical flashy Montjeu. Threw his tail around a bit when asked to go about his business after the second last.

wallace-no7
    • Total Posts 1511

Dirttyy ald Head Carrage…..was going side to side.

But he got the expierence which was vital

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Dunguib gearing up for jumping debut

http://www.irishracing.com/v5newsitem?prid=40393

Philip Fenton intends to let stable star Dunguib make his debut over obstacles towards the end of this month.

The son of Presenting turned in arguably the most impressive display of the entire Cheltenham Festival in last season’s Champion Bumper and followed up in devastating style at Punchestown the following month.

The six-year-old was eventually disqualified from the latter contest after a banned substance was found in his sample but the form of the race was given a big boost when Sweeps Hill, the original second, won on his hurdling bow at Tipperary on Tuesday.

"Dunguib is in great form and we are hoping that we can start him off at the end of this month somewhere," said Fenton.

"We have nothing set in concrete at this stage but there is a chance that maybe he could run in Galway.

"The schooling has gone fine as he did a bit last season anyway and of course he will continue to do plenty in the mean time.

"His form got a bit of a boost with Sweeps Hill winning on Tuesday and although it looked as though he would make hard work of it, he did it well in the finish.

"We have just had him out in our field during the summer and he has done particularly well for himself.

"I would say when we start him off Brian O’Connell will keep the ride on him."

Galway seems a strange place to be starting him off at. I still have visions of Corskeagh Royale falling at the last there last year on his hurdling debut. Good to hear connections are sticking with O’Connell though.

ratpack
    • Total Posts 96

Not smart bringing a Grade 1 horse to a dog track like Galway for his first run over hurdles as you say IC. Don’t see any reason for the likes of Russell not taking over either. It’s not as if he’ll have better rides in the company Dunguib will be keeping.

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Captain Cee Bee on the comeback tril according to Eddie Harty:

All is going well with him but there are no firm plans as to where he’ll reappear yet," said Harty.

"He’s in good nick and everything is going according to plan so hopefully we’ll see him out sooner rather than later.

"The plan is still to go novice chasing with him and he has done a bit of schooling, but that has been on the back burner a little as the ground has been quite fast.

"But he is pleasing us in every way, the Arkle is his long-term target and we’ll play it by ear until then.

"I don’t want to say when or where he’ll reappear as there is obviously the ground to consider and there is not a huge amount of races that would suit him.

"I prefer the races to come to the horse than the horse be pushed to the races, but I couldn’t say one word against him at the moment."

source: http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/09/10/08/RACING_Bee.html

Some interesting entries for Punchestown’s two day meet next week. The Irish Star Chase on the Thursday has been increased to 3 miles and Notre Pere and War Of Attrition are entered. Weapons Amnesty, Corskeagh Royale and Zaarito are in the Beginners Chase on Wedneday. Harchibald and Sizing Europe are in the Buck House Novice Chase on Thursday and Some Present could also make his hurdling debut on Thursday.

Swain
    • Total Posts 33

Not smart bringing a Grade 1 horse to a dog track like Galway for his first run over hurdles as you say IC. Don’t see any reason for the likes of Russell not taking over either. It’s not as if he’ll have better rides in the company Dunguib will be keeping.

The reason he’s going to galway afaik is for a novice hurdle in the hope of a small field.

Dallimann
    • Total Posts 138

we didn’t declare Der Spieler once we knew the other 2 would run, just frightened of being a good 2nd or 3rd. but now we’ve got no options at all other than running him against older horse.. :cry:

anyone got a list to the races in England? I can’t seem to find one…by HRI Ireland there’s a summary till end of the year…

would help, thanks…

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Interesting little card to kick off Punchestown’s season tomorrow. Taking Stock makes his hurdling debut after winning a bumper at the same venue last year for John Kiely and JP.

The beginners chase looks very competitive with Browns Baily, Corskeagh Royale, Dancing Tornado, Indian Pace and the Cheltenham winner Weapons Amnesty all declared. Weapons Amnesty looks made for fences but I suspect the 2m4 could be a bit sharp for him tomorrow.

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Dunguib’s bumper form got another boost at Punchestown with Some Present winning what looked a fairly hot maiden hurdle. He jumping was very novicey but he won cosily enough when Davy Russell got him into top gear. If his hurdling improves with more experience he should be a player in the better novice hurdles.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

As one who was rightly dismissive of Sizing Europe’s Champion Hurdle pretensions, I must say that he now looks like an entirely different proposition over fences.

He won as he liked today and jumped like a stag.

Very impressive I thought.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 168 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.