The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cav Okay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

<br>This Hannon trained 2-y-old was visually very impressive in making all the running this afternoon, winning by 5L and 6L.

And that impression is supported by a time of 61.2 secs, extremely quick for a 2-y-old in April on good ground. As a comparison, the last two runnings of the Weatherbys Super Sprint, staged in July, also on good ground, have been won in 61.5 and 61.8 secs.

It’s unusual for a really good juvenile to appear this early, but all the evidence points to Cav Okay being potentially Group class.

AP

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I was very taken with him AP, the race was over as a contest to all intents and purposes after a furlong. I understand that Royal Ascot beckons and he won’t look out of place wherever they send him. He’s bred to get another 1f in the Coventry but he hardly looked short of speed did he?

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Only 0.9 sec slower than Green Manalishi in the fairly decent handicap later on equating to about 20lbs on the scale I use, but Cav Okay carried 13lb more. On these bare figures, the 2yo comes out only 7lb inferior to Green Manalishi(RPR 105). Taking WFA into account, this puts CaV Okay on a RPR of around 115, some figure at this early stage.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

He’s quite a late foal and many of the stable’s runners improve for the race.<br>The race was over after about 100yards and Hannon’s only doubt was whether  the horse would stay 5f at this stage.<br>Connections now looking at the Norfolk at Royal Ascot.

(Edited by Lingfield at 7:52 pm on April 21, 2006)

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

It seems even better when you tipped it!;)  I certainly agree though, I thought it was very impressive and will surely go on to better things.<br>

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 12:08 am on April 22, 2006)

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Hannon looks to have a strong hand, sprinting wise, assuming of course Zavone is still the horse he was.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

LGR

Zavone has joined David Oughton in Honk Kong.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Cav Okay certain knew what it was all about.  Impressed by that!

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Cav Okay is entered up in the Lily Agnes at Chester.<br>Not one of my favourite tracks because of the disproportionate effect of the draw.<br>Having said that, if this one breaks like it did first time out and shows such speed then the draw won’t matter!<br>What’s the going/weather  like at Chester at the moment?

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Dare I say it but it looks like it has a decent chance in that race. Will most likely start odds on though.

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

He is out in the 1st at chester 2moro his speed rating is 107 and his RPR is 109. He’s got his draw outta 2 and is currently tradinb at around 4/9 but if he gets out in front it shud be game over altho the dunlop and turner horse will win there fair share of races.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I wasn’t wrong about odds on was I – 4/9 on Betfair:o .

I’ve wrote a review in the lays and plays but basically I can’t see it getting beaten. Hucking Hill may sneak second. Not exactly a lump on price though.

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

Hucking Hill – a commentator’s nightmare! :biggrin:

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Especially if there’s a horse riding along side that ends with an F like Munsef.:biggrin:

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

Lord Charles did no favours to Cav Okay.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.