The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘Coolmore and Godolphin’

Home Forums Horse Racing ‘Coolmore and Godolphin’

Viewing 17 posts - 392 through 408 (of 646 total)
  • Author
    andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

All of the above.But you don’t need a retainer to ride for them.

Deckster
    • Total Posts 30

Maybe Johny knows that Magnier & Co. aren’t getting bailed out by the EU!

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

It seeems like the entire Ballydoyle operation has been put at the service of Joseph O’Brien in an effort to win the irish Apprentice championship.Is it really all that important? Does Aidan not have something better to do with his time?As I watch this absurdity play out I begin to get a feel for Murtagh who must have thought he was joining a professional operation when he signed on to ride for Ballydoyle three years ago.What a surprise for him to find out that the Apprentice championship for Joseph was the goal of the operation. I bet that was not spelled out in his contract! How sad for Aidan and(dare I say) family should the apple of their eye turns into a lemon on horseback.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1085

Possibly the Coolmore Mafia has a few quid on Joseph to win :D

• Total Posts 2184

I’m sure Johnny isn’t bothered at this stage.

He’s probably delighted to be back riding out at two yards right on his doorstep.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

Hardly an ‘absurdity’ for a yard to put their efforts behind their apprentice trying to win the title.

If it wasn’t Joseph O’Brien would the objectors be as vocal?

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Woeful stuff by this poster.

Aidan O Brien is doing what he can within a framework of John Magnier plan to allow his son to win the apprentice title. The horses that are running are horses that will be running in places like southwell in the near future. These horses have no plans or future. These Horses need to make as much cash as possible before being sold next autumn. Their are a lot of really bad 2yr olds in ballydoyle this year and their no point sitting in a stable doing nothing when they clearly have no future in the management plans.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I wonder what kind of reception Sean got today at Dundalk having deprived Joseph of an important victory in his run for the championship?Can his master banish from his mind the quest of his son and congratulate the boy who won with equal enthusiasm having cast the might of Coolmore behind his son who finished second?Sometimes winning is losing.And losing can be winning.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I wonder what kind of reception Sean got today at Dundalk having deprived Joseph of an important victory in his run for the championship?Can his master banish from his mind the quest of his son and congratulate the boy who won with equal enthusiasm having cast the might of Coolmore behind his son who finished second?Sometimes winning is losing.And losing can be winning.

You can’t promote fraud and deception, I am glad Sean won today it just goes to prove how genuine and gracious Aidan O’Brien is and I am sure there is no love lost either.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Dear Mr. Wilson. Please explain how Sean winning proves anything except that his horse was the best on the day.

• Total Posts 2184

Extended interview with Johnny Murtagh and Babs Keating:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/highlights.html?2877997,2877997,flash,257

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Murtagh turned up today at Meydan riding for, of all people, Godolphin. Just got up to beat a former mount of his at Ballydoyle, Golden Sword!

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Recently the fact that a jockey has been assigned by a trainer to ride at overweight was brought to the attention of the stewards and they refused permission to do so.How could a trainer seek this to be done in a maiden race? Especially when the horse started fav.The punters deserve better.

I attach the following from the Irish Examiner 28/3/2011

"Empowering triumphed despite Joseph O’Brien being unable to claim his 5lb. allowance and carrying 1lb. overweight. The filly’s success also signalled the reduction of his claim to 3lb.

Later, O’Brien was not given clearance by the Stewards to carry 5lb.overweight on Apache in the concluding Leopardstown Leap Maiden, the ride on odds-on favourite being ultimately taken by Colm O’Donoghue."
    Is there something here which might help understand the departure of Johnny Murtagh?

Read more: <!– m –>http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/raci … z1Hw2oxsUd<!– m –>

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

With Jamie Spencer riding for the new owners at Ballydoyle I would imagine that Murtagh had a contract to ride first jockey and say it broken by Coolmore. Hence their silence surrounding his departure.Obviously Coolmore needed the Hays more than Ballydoyle needed Murtagh.Money talks.

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Obviously Coolmore needed the Hays more than Ballydoyle needed Murtagh.Money talks.

To think Coolmore need money from the Hays is just wrong.

John Magnier himself is worth well over 1 billion, Tabor and Smith is worth 500 odd million each. They just spent 40 Million on So you think, 5 million on SSB and another 15 million on Looking at Lucky aswell as 5 odd million on Canford Cliffs. They the only people who bought 2 1 million plus yearlings at the european sales(1.2 million and 1 million for another)

People saying Coolmore need money are just spouting facts that are wrong…the reason they sold to the hays is why they sell all their horses because they dont need them as potential stallions. Not because they cant be good stallions but because they have to diversify their stock and keep adding the same breeding to the same races you get the same sire’s and we have seen Darley make massive inroads in a short space of time with a wide range of breeding stallions

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

The owners of Coolmore don’t need money.Coolmore may. To confuse the two is a mistake.

• Total Posts 174

I don’t think Spencer riding F&G is a sign that Coolmore/Ballydoyle will use him for the horses they own exclusively. Spencer is contracted to the Hays, and will ride F&G or Cape Blanco, but not the other Ballydoyle/Coolmore horses.

Regarding the Coolmore stallion choices:

People saying Coolmore need money are just spouting facts that are wrong…the reason they sold to the hays is why they sell all their horses because they dont need them as potential stallions. Not because they cant be good stallions but because they have to diversify their stock and keep adding the same breeding to the same races you get the same sire’s and we have seen Darley make massive inroads in a short space of time with a wide range of breeding stallions

That is definitely how I see it, but it is unclear that Coolmore realize that. They may have sold stakes in F&G and Cape Blanco because they are feeling a little saturated on the non-speedy Montjeu and Galileo stallion fronts, but that not mean they have figured out that their single-minded focus on Sadlers Wells and Danehill has abated.

Viewing 17 posts - 392 through 408 (of 646 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.