The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ascot Chase 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ascot Chase 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Six runners here.

– Waiting Patiently
    – Politologue
    – Cyrname
    – Fox Norton
    – Aso
    – Charbel

I expect Waiting Patiently will defend his crown. It really was a fantastic race last year and I don’t think any of the others put up a fight like Cue Card did last year.

Waiting Patiently 7/4 and a forecast Waiting Patiently – Fox Norton 9/1.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17608

I think it’s a tremendous renewal DBR.

I hope you win with Waiting Patiently, just love this horse, and after barely seeing him the last 12 months, it would be good to see things go his way tomorrow after Kempton.

I took the 7’s for Fox Norton earlier, that looked a fair price to me, while the 16’s for Aso looks too big as well.

Only a small bet for me, as I really want Waiting Patiently to win, and I really should have left it, as it looks the perfect race to enjoy without a bet, but I was happy with Fox Nortons comeback.

Fox Norton 7’s

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2713

I think it would be great if the Northern yards could win this and the Reynoldstown.

Tough ask for them but I’ll be cheering on Waiting Patiently without backing any horse, though Cobden might pinch this from the front

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4854

POLITILOGUE could be the one here. This looks like his ideal trip to me and apart from the favourite looks the class act here.

I had to back Aso small at 16/1 because I have been following him for a while and its more of an emotional bet than a calculated one

Good Luck Guys :good:

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1252

Aso looks overpriced to me and his efforts this season look really underrated.

Charbel is another who could upset the applecart. I can’t unsee him giving Altior a race in the Arkle a couple years back and has been in sparkling form himself this season.

I’ll just back the former as it doesn’t seem right backing two horses in a six horse race!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3071

Politologue for me. This is his course and trip.

VtC, if you like Fox Norton Paddy Power have him at 40s to win this and the Ryanair.

DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Even 50-1 for Fox Norton at Betfair to win this and the Ryanair. That is tempting.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7136

Waiting Patiently could yet turn out to be the star that some hoped, and whilst
    he’s very good, the manner in which Cyrname won last time really impressed
    me. I think the 9/2 for the youngest horse in the race, who looks
    to be progressing well, is worth a go. Probably worth considering the f/c with WP.

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5769

If WP is in the same form as this time last year, he wins imo, but Aso is way too big at 16s and I’ve backed him too

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3071

I know he got a soft lead but…

!!!!!!!

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17608

That was very impressive.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3071

WD big G :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7136

Thanks green, I was really impressed with him last time out, I’m glad he has lived up
    to it. I went in on him again after Robinsfirth won, and as I mentioned above, I stuck
    the rev f/c on as well. It’s been a great Saturday and come in very handy with just a
    month to go to Cheltenham :good:

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4854

TOPPING UP THE CHELTENHAM POT GRAHAM :good: :good: :good:

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1087

On the basis of what piece of form was Waiting Patiently considered favourite for this race?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.