The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 guineas 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 guineas 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5774

VERBAL DEXTERITY 33/1

Normally at Ascot you see the Coventry winner be fav for this race but doubt this years winner will get a 1m trainer think 7f be best trip for him.A filly won the Chesham when you think the guineas winner won that race last year.There is irish derby this week and normally at that maiden a smart 2yo comes alive.

But for me this Bolger horse looks a really good horse won maiden by 9L and yes might not be strong race the best thing about it was way he finish he just power away in final furlong. when he run in group races this year i see there be faster horses than him in early part of race but when it comes to final furlong i do doubt if any finish like him. when you think AOB has not so far got a top 2yo colt i get the feeling he try and convert a derby horse into a guineas type.And think Bolger could win 2000 guineas again.

Any views guys

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1678

And there was me waiting for someone to pick up a Derby thread for next year. Is this as far as we’ve got? ;-)

How are you me ol’ Bobby Dazzler? Doing your bit for those wishing their life away as ever I see haha ;-)

I’ve thrown a few shillings at Gustav Klimt at 40/1. Awaiting his next run to see if I should burn my ticket or not :wacko:

@TomBarkley87
    topweighttom.blogspot.com

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 604

What about September. I know she’s a filly but she looks top drawer. Murillo looks like it will get the mile so I’d say he could be a player.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5774

Am ok Boz well had Churchill this time last year at 16/1 so i hope i found another winner.How things Boz will you start a thread at DLAP you been missed in that forum

And Mickey when it comes to classics i doubt September will not run vs colts it not the Coolmoore thing to do if she run in classics be against her own sex.

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Doubt the winner has stepped on a racecourse yet.

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1678

Am ok Boz well had Churchill this time last year at 16/1 so i hope i found another winner

That’s a touch right there Dazzler, nice one. Hope you filled your boots :good:

@TomBarkley87

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5774

Looks like my horse run at weekend in Railway stakes at 6f think should stay at 7f way he finish last furlong over 7f tell you that i think this a mistake but see what happens.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

Looks like my horse run at weekend in Railway stakes at 6f think should stay at 7f way he finish last furlong over 7f tell you that i think this a mistake but see what happens.

Looks an interesting type Darren. I agree with you, I’d be a bit surprised if he does run in the
    Railway Stakes on Saturday, he was a bit green at the Curragh and only seemed to go about his business
    in the latter part of the race and then left them all for dead. I think his entry in the Group 1 Goffs
    Vincent O’Brien National Stakes over 7f is much more what he needs. That’s a couple of months away and
    perhaps this is just to get some track experience as he did look quite green. I would have thought Jim
    Bolger could have identified a 7f race, although perhaps he didn’t think there was a suitable one. It
    will be interesting to see if he makes the final declarations tomorrow.

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1678

Looks an interesting type Darren. I agree with you, I’d be a bit surprised if he does run in the
    Railway Stakes on Saturday, he was a bit green at the Curragh and only seemed to go about his business
    in the latter part of the race and then left them all for dead. I think his entry in the Group 1 Goffs
    Vincent O’Brien National Stakes over 7f is much more what he needs. That’s a couple of months away and
    perhaps this is just to get some track experience as he did look quite green. I would have thought Jim
    Bolger could have identified a 7f race, although perhaps he didn’t think there was a suitable one.
    It
    will be interesting to see if he makes the final declarations tomorrow.

Not so sure about that, there’s the Tyros in a couple of weeks at Leopardstown where many a future Guineas hopeful have shown their face in the last couple of years. If he’s ‘all that’ I can see Jimmy saving him for Foxrock.

@TomBarkley87

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1678

I’ve thrown a few shillings at Gustav Klimt at 40/1. Awaiting his next run to see if I should burn my ticket or not :wacko:

Bit of blue about for Gustav and he’s well entered up over the weekend. The lighter’s going back in the pocket for now……

@TomBarkley87

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1678

Your lad’s in the final field for the Railway Daz. Looks a decent renewal. He’ll have to be good to beat this lot stepping back to 6.

@TomBarkley87

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

This Railway Stakes should be informative, I liked Beckford last time and the race has worked out but, as I was saying to Clints earlier in the week, I thought De Bruyne Horse might end up the value here and he opened at 8/1, so I dabbled.

They held up De Bruyne Horse last time and were disappointed by his effort, so they will revert to earlier tactics. Murillo seemed short at the opening 13/8 and I felt Beckford and Verbal Dexterity were short for maiden winners.

I toyed with Beckford but just preferred the experience and bigger odds on the Hannon horse.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Kicking my own arse after that LOL

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1678

It looked a good race before it and for my money looks better after it. Stronger than the Coventry for me.

Nothing lost there for Verbal Dexterity Daz. Looks smart and the step back up to 7f will bring him on again :good:

@TomBarkley87

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

My general conclusion from that is that the Coventry wasn’t a great race. Murillo looked a bit of an unlucky loser at Ascot but was the picture of mediocrity today.

I’ll be inclined to side with a horse representing a fresh line of form when the next juvenile G1 rolls around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.